CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Exactly. All my friends played h3 but 90 percent of them dont even own an xbox or any console for that matter anymore.

mine r all on destiny & overwatch on the playstation having the time of their lives but i believe in halos future. we've come so far - i know its hard to see but i never left the scene. ive been die hard about halo even at its worst so you can trust me when i say no matter how dark it gets with servers and ghost melees, things still feel really good. i am one helping of server stability and a small portion of observer mode away from being real happy. then we just need to tweak settings and some new maps! this is totally doable, just gotta stay on the people in charge about it. i agree with u @@CyReN but i feel like you and i are from a different era where we will never get that feeling back. i grinded doubles in solo que for like 6 hours the other day and was enjoying the hell out of it despite the few times i got splinter naded..

• Upvote (+1) 2

Don't hold your breath.

I think we're all in a cycle of desperate hope at this point. We all love halo and we hope every day that some new fixes will come along because we love it, but every update we're somehow let down. The one thing I am actually counting on happening this update is that it comes before NA finals (poor EU players will probably be getting lag outs and ghost melees on lan this weekend) actually fixes what it says it fixes and that it does not cause more issues. 

I've said this before, I'll say it again, if any pro players get a ghost melees at NA finals and the fix has supposedly been released, stand up, ask for a replay. I'm pretty tired of 343 and the casters say "oh well, that's unfortunate" whenever a game changing ghost melee happens on MainStage.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Random but do you guys still play anymore? I stopped for the part a couple months back when my friends did. I hop on now to just to make sure our FFA gametype hasn't reset (happens from time to time). Was curious, while this game is technically better competitively than Halo 4, I just have no drive to play it at all. Just something about it never truly felt "Halo" to me when playing. It's a great sci-fi space shooter though.

Besides matching teams of 4 and the poor playlist management I love the game, don't play all that much because I haven;t really got much time to play anything at the moment.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Or the older guys getting older syndrome uh ? I sure don't play that much multiplayer anymore, focusing more on more relaxed sp experiences. Also most friends since H3 stopped playing. Not like they play other games, mostly they just don't play at all anymore.

Me and my local friends still play weekly (since H2 days), but Halo 4 and 5 took an insane nose dive in wanting to get on for most of us. Had a blast with MCC when it worked though. Playing CoD 4 weekly now and the fun is still there in multiplayer gaming.

Maybe it's me just thinking less is more, all these new games like Infinite Warfare and Halo 5 just think piling on stuff is going to bring in the masses, but people just want the pure gameplay and fun without cheap bells and whistles now. People got hyped for MCC, CoD 4 Remastered and BF1 being WW1 for those reasons IMO.

-----

Thanks for the answers everyone btw.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Random but do you guys still play anymore? I stopped for the part a couple months back when my friends did. I hop on now to just to make sure our FFA gametype hasn't reset (happens from time to time). Was curious, while this game is technically better competitively than Halo 4, I just have no drive to play it at all. Just something about it never truly felt "Halo" to me when playing. It's a great sci-fi space shooter though.

I'll hop on occasionally. I usually end up swapping over to Madden or something though after 3-4 games. By the time I get off work at 5, hang out/eat dinner/watch TV with my fiancee, all I really want to do with my alone time is wind down. Halo 5 is way too frustrating in its current state to be fun for me, as I lose all drive to play every season by the time I get 10 games or so into Onyx. 

I get booted out of BTB and there aren't really any social playlists. So I just play CoD, Madden, and occasionally H1Z1. 

Haven't played Halo since 2 months after H4. Only shooter I still play is OW or Blops 1 on select occasions.

uninstalled a month ago. 

having fun playing BF1 with friends and occasionally h3 HC on MCC

Me and my local friends still play weekly (since H2 days), but Halo 4 and 5 took an insane nose dive in wanting to get on for most of us. Had a blast with MCC when it worked though. Playing CoD 4 weekly now and the fun is still there in multiplayer gaming.

Maybe it's me just thinking less is more, all these new games like Infinite Warfare and Halo 5 just think piling on stuff is going to bring in the masses, but people just want the pure gameplay and fun without cheap bells and whistles now. People got hyped for MCC, CoD 4 Remastered and BF1 being WW1 for those reasons IMO.

-----

Thanks for the answers everyone btw.

You definitely nailed it with older games being more pure. Playing for the sake of playing. Devs focusing on all the different cards and skins and badges and stuff is def taking focus off of more important core elements.

Still don't think kids would like to play without sprint :kappa:

I get rated every season and don't play much more than that aside from a few games of social. Most of my gaming time is spent on League of Legends. This season I played a few games of the Anniversary playlist (even matched Rippon 1 game) and then played 10 games of SWAT to get rated. Don't plan on playing again until the new season. Halo with sprint/spartan abilities just doesn't interest me. I still watch/support/follow competitive Halo though. I watch/follow a lot of other esports but Halo was the first one for me and will always hold a soft spot in my heart.

I have over 50 days of gameplay.

I think that answers your question.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Haven't played in months, which is really weird for me. Never taken a break from a halo for so long. Just no drive to go in and play with the two friends I have that actually play. I can't play without a team of 4 anymore, the competitive playlist is too solo-unfriendly

• Upvote (+1) 2

this game engine wise isn't bad. i would play this game more if servers/melees/to4s weren't an issue.

i've said it before as have many others, but this game is in desperate need of a fun ranking system and a side progression system like H3's.  there's not many incentives to play MM. They need to be more generous with reqs in standard MM too.

also remove radar please it's not competitive at all and just infuriates most hardcore Halo fans. kills in halo used to be rewarding, now they are free. 

I traded in my XB1, which I only bought for MCC, Gears, and Halo 5. Good thing Gears is on PC...

mine r all on destiny & overwatch on the playstation having the time of their lives but i believe in halos future. we've come so far - i know its hard to see but i never left the scene. ive been die hard about halo even at its worst so you can trust me when i say no matter how dark it gets with servers and ghost melees, things still feel really good. i am one helping of server stability and a small portion of observer mode away from being real happy. then we just need to tweak settings and some new maps! this is totally doable, just gotta stay on the people in charge about it. i agree with u @@CyReN but i feel like you and i are from a different era where we will never get that feeling back. i grinded doubles in solo que for like 6 hours the other day and was enjoying the hell out of it despite the few times i got splinter naded..

Very well said man. I hadnt played a video game since h3 until MCC came out. I only own two games on my xbox which is mcc and H5. I am not much of a gamer in general but have been in love with this franchise since h1. I just hope we get enough people with your attitude and less with the the devs hate the game and hate us attitude. Being passionate for a game and making wrong management decisions 100 percent dont go hand in hand. I see this everyday at work. I believe 343 is passionate for Halo just has made many wrong decisions regarding the game. Lets hope for a bright future for halo 5. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I've actually been playing a little more recently because I'm excited for the season finals and the anniversary playlist was fun for awhile. I have zero drive to play Arena though because of the myriad of issues that exist. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

but frosty is the best player in the game..

Not what I meant.

Games based on Gun Skill are more fun than games based on Movement skill.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've actually been playing more recently than I have in months, mostly because now that the team I coach is done playing on Saturdays I actually have free time.  What's funny is I absolutely love halo 5, but it feels like 343 doesn't even want me to play their game.  Getting banned because the game kicks you out of your fireteam for no reason is the most infuriating thing ever.  As a developer, I honestly don't understand how 343 operates in the manner they do.  Constantly releasing content that breaks things, not fixing things that are broken, terrible communication..  maybe I should go work there because if I did something like that where I work I'd 100% be fired haha

• Upvote (+1) 5

Finally decided I'm sick of Halo 5 now. Can't bear Stasis CTF, matchmaking, servers, ghost melee etc.

Time to go to Gears.

See you back in a week.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I dont really seem to enjoy any other games other than Halo. I've given them all a try but I always get quickly bored and go straight back to Halo. Its kind of a shitty situation because Halo 5 is the most stressful game ever.

Literally my life man. I think the toughest part is I will have literally more fun playing halo 5 than any other halo one game, then the very next game I want to throw my xbox out of my window. No game has done that to me more than this game. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I play it for about 1-3 hours almost every night. Granted I'm younger so it is MY Halo 2. These are my glory days as sad as they look to ally of you. Lol

• Upvote (+1) 5