CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I can't imagine anything i'm less assured about. Fair enough they may have made enough money peddling REQS (while breaking the game to add them) that Worlds will have a crazy prize pool again, but the only thing that will make it "awesome" is a game that actually works. Or the announcement of H3a, until then, I've uninstalled H5 and don't even have the space to add it back.

i uninstalled months ago after lagging out then getting banned for 24 hours. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I thought twice about posting as I honestly hate to be that guy who knows what's going but can't talk about it, but on the flip side I also refuse to go radio silent on you guys. Wait until after NA finals, info should be public by then.

Nah it was the right thing to do, vagueness and half stories are all we've known for a long time now. Can't go cold turkey now.

I thought twice about posting as I honestly hate to be that guy who knows what's going but can't talk about it, but on the flip side I also refuse to go radio silent on you guys. Wait until after NA finals, info should be public by then.

So there's some juicy finalized info, but they are holding onto because....

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'd rather know that something is coming than be sitting here wondering if anything is actually in the works

• Upvote (+1) 5

Many pieces of the puzzle involved for halo esports 2017 as a whole, a date/timeline has been set for launch and we are working towards that.

I swear to all that is holy that if "many pieces of the puzzle" does not mean MLG involvement, I might lose it. 

I swear to all that is holy that if "many pieces of the puzzle" does not mean MLG involvement, I might lose it. 

Well I'm speaking strictly from an ESL side, so no is doesn't. I wouldn't be releasing/discussing any information do with MLG because I have nothing to do with that side of things.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Many pieces of the puzzle involved for halo esports 2017 as a whole, a date/timeline has been set for launch and we are working towards that.

Is 2017 gonna be superecstastic ?

Elite warranty is only 2 or 3 months if you don't get a store warranty. The left bumper always falls apart and there's slow turn.

Scuf are just the same as regular x1 plastic

Pay the $20 for the store warranty and your controllers are officially $20 after the first one. Hell, my bumpers usually shit out before the 90 days so I get a free one with a fresh two year warranty every time.

Well I'm speaking strictly from an ESL side, so no is doesn't. I wouldn't be releasing/discussing any information do with MLG because I have nothing to do with that side of things.

ohfudgegiftumblr_zps471240c9.gif

EDIT: rereading this gives me hope that maybe the door is open. i trust you though Simms. if you say its good news, i believe you

• Upvote (+1) 1

Besides fixes and updates to the game (which are necessary and 343's side of things) I'm hoping for more events in 2017 but more importantly I'm hoping they're announced enough in advance to allow people to attend.

I want TO's to talk to one another about when and where they're planning on holding something and I want 343 to be more heavily involved in providing support to make the events a success.

I also would like pro teams to be invited and given an incentive to attend. You don't have to pay for their trips (I would hope orgs would help out there) but the more pro teams we can get the better.

(I realise I said "I want" a lot in this post but I'm not trying to make demands it's just things I want to see happen next year)

• Upvote (+1) 3

i uninstalled months ago after lagging out then getting banned for 24 hours.

343 loves to copy call of duty yet they don't even copy the good things about it. No penalties for quitting, and no friendly fire in regular game modes. The only thing that kept Halo 2 from being a perfect game was the constant betrayals for power weapons. Halo 3 had the same problem, if you grabbed a sniper at the start you usually had some random teammate who would betray you for it. I never understood why Halo had friendly fire. I recall back on the Bungie forums one of the Moderators said the reason for having friendly fire was to prevent a player from purposefully sticking his teammate and then him running into a room and killing the enemy when the nade exploded. That was such a dumb reason for having friendly fire in Halo.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 7

343 loves to copy call of duty yet they don't even copy the good things about it. No penalties for quitting, and no friendly fire in regular game modes. The only thing that kept Halo 2 from being a perfect game was the constant betrayals for power weapons. Halo 3 had the same problem, if you grabbed a sniper at the start you usually had some random teammate who would betray you for it. I never understood why Halo had friendly fire. I recall back on the Bungie forums one of the Moderators said the reason for having friendly fire was to prevent a player from purposefully sticking his teammate and then him running into a room and killing the enemy when the nade exploded. That was such a dumb reason for having friendly fire in Halo.

That would be next level strategy.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I've always seen it as something that has a basic form of strategy to it. If you have friendly fire disabled, players can mindlessly shoot at enemies without having to consider their team mates position and if he might betray them.

However, when it's turned out, you and your team mates are being punished for bad positioning. Want to fire that rocket at three enemy players but your team mate us next to them? Well shit, your team mate shouldn't have been that close to three players while you have a rocket launcher.

Call of Duty competitive also enables friendly fire last time I checked. Halo 4 also had it disabled in Infinity modes and it was disliked, hugely so it was reverted in most modes and going into Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Many pieces of the puzzle involved for halo esports 2017 as a whole, a date/timeline has been set for launch and we are working towards that.

Worlds In Oklahoma City, Oklahoma which is right down the street from me?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Turning friendly fire off would be horrific. Spamming is already problematic, and it would only get worse if their were no potential penalty towards it.

Yes getting betrayed intentionally is annoying, but it really isn't all that common.

ohfudgegiftumblr_zps471240c9.gif

EDIT: rereading this gives me hope that maybe the door is open. i trust you though Simms. if you say its good news, i believe you

Wheres the "be sure to drink your Ovaltine" gif because thats the feeling where all gonna feel once this "news" comes out.

Wheres the "be sure to drink your Ovaltine" gif because thats the feeling where all gonna feel once this "news" comes out.

Its just a commercial?

giphy.gif

I'd be happy if Cratos was out of the Pro League  :bman:

Honestly even if E6 makes it through relegation I believe Suspector and Bubu and maybe Shooter should drop Cratos, get a new org, and pick up Stellur. That team would be solid.

Also as I say that I'm realizing how close the teams have gotten in skill level. I believe that team would definitely be better than current E6 but I have no idea how they would place. Could be top 3, could be 6th.

• Upvote (+1) 3

FOqA3Hm.jpg

I want this to be my desktop background.

Also fun trivia associated with Vegas: Eric and Ola are and have been, since 2gre's retirement, the two winningest active players in Halo history (albeit with less tournament wins combined than 2gre). Also, HCS Vegas grand finals resulted for the highest tournament placement ever for 4 players: Huke, Rayne, Spartan, and Penguin.