CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You have to strike a balance between things like hotfixes and full releases. In order to properly QA you need to slow development on items that might be related to the thing you are changing. For example, if you have a fix ready for a single issue but there are other items that interact with it that you are also working on (be they bug fixes or enhancements) you would need to slow or stop work on those tertiary items while the primary is going through certification otherwise you might have to back track the tertiary work if the primary issue fails QA and needs to be modified again.

If you are releasing hotfixes for individual problems on a regular basis, that also means that you are slowing down the development of other related items repeatedly which is not a good long term plan. There are also the times when a change to one part of the system fucks up some other part that in theory should have been isolated from the first part to begin with. Issues like that may not reveal themselves until they are "out in the wild" since no amount of QA can replicate real world usage 100%. This is why packaged builds are preferred for implementation.

I see your base point though, for things that are game-breaking like ghost melees and major server issues, "enhancements" should get put on pause for a bit in order to get a hotfix out. In this case, i think they just didnt know what the heck was going on. Its been 2 weeks since the telemetry update, so i think 3 more weeks is an acceptable timeframe for getting every technical issue fixed (5 weeks total is 2 sprints plus a week for QA)

Great post. A lot of it ties in to why they shouldnt wait until a CU to deploy the fix which it separating code implementations so that we arent trying to determine which piece is giving us trouble. If they put the fix out first, we can see if any other issues arise before releasung content.

As to developement schedules and QA testing, i obviously have no clue as ti their staffing. The only code implementation im familiar with is a work webapp with a 4 man team. Large bugs that break functionality happen and when they are spotted, every user story on the current sprint is displaced for the fix uf need be. Im sort of interpolating that little team to 343 which may not even be close. All ive learned is that if youre presented with 10 bugs, fixing one gives you 12 bugs left to go.

Either way I'm glad this fix is incoming. Once we get past stability, we can really start arguing on which settings need to be changed first :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

As someone who isn't really up to date on this, is the server browser going to be for Xbox as well?

Could make it really easy to get an Evolved game going or to test incremental changes on our own. :)

Yep! Confirmed for both. I haven't gotten a chance to try evolved settings yet. Looking forward to doing so when the browser is out

Rest assured, 2017 is going to be awesome :)

It'd be nice if instead of being reassured of progress we were told how it's going to happen.

Not you Simms, we love you, I refer to 343.

• Upvote (+1) 2

ESM has actually been pretty good, but they are definitely losing viewers by only being on Hitbox.

• Upvote (+1) 2

ESM has actually been pretty good, but they are definitely losing viewers by only being on Hitbox.

Some person from EML said to me that the league could only happen because of their partnership with Hitbox.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Cool! Can't wait for MLG to take the helm. 

I was so confused when I saw this. I naturally wanted to downvote you for being you, but that post gave me the strength to upvote you. Good job, sir. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

I was so confused when I saw this. I naturally wanted to downvote you for being you, but that post gave me the strength to upvote you. Good job, sir. 

I think he is trying to get rid of his red bar  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 6

I think he is trying to get rid of his red bar :kappa:

He has as good of chance doing that as Cratos has of making into the finals of an FFA bracket :kappa:
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Some person from EML said to me that the league could only happen because of their partnership with Hitbox.

Makes sense. They said something to that extent on stream. Just too bad that they are missing out on a bigger audience.

Minor League Halo on a Minor League streaming service brought to you by Minor League Chew!

I'll see myself out.

Snakebite and Frosty are being very vocal right now about 343. 

"343 didn't fix MCC, they won't fix H5, they don't know how....who the fuck would buy Halo 6 if they don't fix this game" - Snakebite

So pretty much how everyone thinks about 343.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"343 didn't fix MCC, they won't fix H5, they don't know how....who the fuck would buy Halo 6 if they don't fix this game" - Snakebite

Finally, they are seeing their money is in danger and now they want change. Ill bet you any kind of money that if NV wasn't so close to dethroning them they will be quiet right now.
  • Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 21

clip

Finally, they are seeing their money is in danger and now they want change. Ill bet you any kind of money that if NV wasn't so close to dethroning them they will be quiet right now.

You are such a tool lmao

• Upvote (+1) 6

clip

don't know how man, go to frostys or lethuls stream. they've been talking about halo 5s problems for about 40 mins now

The thing I don't understand the most is how the servers have gotten worse as the game has progressed. Don't games generally get more stable after release?

• Upvote (+1) 1

either you forgot to add a kaapa or your being willfully ignorant that it was snakebite who spoke up in regards to breakout while they were completely uncontested.... gonna say the latter. and lol i wasn't aware getting 4-0'd on LAN = close to defeating them. if anything liquid made them look worse at the last LAN inspite of choking away grand finals.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The thing I don't understand the most is how the servers have gotten worse as the game has progressed. Don't games generally get more stable after release?

Updates with shit that shouldn't have past QA have really cause most of the problems.

• Upvote (+1) 2