CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The updates release in-sync so they'll both be arriving together.

Ah okay, concern addressed then!

Ah okay, concern addressed then!

I am not trying to sound critical but it's interesting that there seem to be a lot of PC only players that are out of the loop on how updates for H5 work. I saw someone complaining somewhere about how they were scared 343 was going to make players pay for the server browser. I only find it odd because links to waypoint where info like this is released can definitely be found in the launcher for H5: Forge.

We're currently sitting in the dark, with no idea whats next for comp Halo. I can't wait until fall finals so we find out whats for 2017.

Sitting in the dark is a weird feeling that I havent felt since Halo 4

We're currently sitting in the dark, with no idea whats next for comp Halo. I can't wait until fall finals so we find out whats for 2017.

Sitting in the dark is a weird feeling that I havent felt since Halo 4

I mean, we know Halo World Champs 2017 is a thing so we're not entirely in the dark.

I mean, we know Halo World Champs 2017 is a thing so we're not entirely in the dark.

tumblr_mcdn46yO0P1rddtxto1_400.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you are hungry for some Halo action the ESM League is about to start in 20 minutes on hitbox.tv/platinum5tv

• Upvote (+1) 1

Unfortunately this means at least 2-3 weeks. 343 will do an update teasing the reqs at least, then a live stream. So soontm in this case isn't soon enough considering how critical the fixes in this update are.

Youd think that the fix would be released immediately even just to confirm that it doesnt cause more problems. Bug fixes should be continual vs a fix every few months or so.

at this point i wouldnt be surprised if Worlds 2017 is cancelled, lol

Youd think that the fix would be released immediately even just to confirm that it doesnt cause more problems. Bug fixes should be continual vs a fix every few months or so.

You have to strike a balance between things like hotfixes and full releases.  In order to properly QA you need to slow development on items that might be related to the thing you are changing.  For example, if you have a fix ready for a single issue but there are other items that interact with it that you are also working on (be they bug fixes or enhancements) you would need to slow or stop work on those tertiary items while the primary is going through certification otherwise you might have to back track the tertiary work if the primary issue fails QA and needs to be modified again.

If you are releasing hotfixes for individual problems on a regular basis, that also means that you are slowing down the development of other related items repeatedly which is not a good long term plan.  There are also the times when a change to one part of the system fucks up some other part that in theory should have been isolated from the first part to begin with.  Issues like that may not reveal themselves until they are "out in the wild" since no amount of QA can replicate real world usage 100%.  This is why packaged builds are preferred for implementation.

I see your base point though, for things that are game-breaking like ghost melees and major server issues, "enhancements" should get put on pause for a bit in order to get a hotfix out.  In this case, i think they just didnt know what the heck was going on.  Its been 2 weeks since the telemetry update, so i think 3 more weeks is an acceptable timeframe for getting every technical issue fixed (5 weeks total is 2 sprints plus a week for QA)

• Upvote (+1) 1

picture

Great stuff. I'll ask around for any sort of logo but doubt anything was made for those teams. This is really cool though.

Also, in 2005 I think you are missing one event unless you aren't counting Seattle, where IGS won an event with barely any teams, or Nashville where neither 3D or Str8 attended. After Philly Str8 picked up a sponsor, Trademark Gamers but kept the same roster, which was Las Vegas. After Las Vegas, IGS Monglers won at that Nashville event.

Thanks for doing this.

Also, in 2005 I think you are missing one event unless you aren't counting Seattle, where IGS won an event with barely any teams, or Nashville where neither 3D or Str8 attended. After Philly Str8 picked up a sponsor, Trademark Gamers but kept the same roster, which was Las Vegas. After Las Vegas, IGS Monglers won at that Nashville event.

It's not 'who won events this month', it's 'Title Belt'. So the only way to take a title belt away from a team is to beat them (on LAN).

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not 'who won events this month', it's 'Title Belt'. So the only way to take a title belt away from a team is to beat them (on LAN).

I guess that makes sense

but seeing Str8 there three pics in a row in 2005 instantly made me think something was off. I guess it's a good thing Str8 beat 3D at the Philly TS event that always has a huge asterisk that goes with it, otherwise it's likely their picture wouldn't be on there at all for that year.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As someone who isn't really up to date on this, is the server browser going to be for Xbox as well?

Could make it really easy to get an Evolved game going or to test incremental changes on our own. :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wouldn't be surprised if the update comes out sometime next week. It sounds as though the are in the final stages of testing the update, and it would be done after that. Considering it's that far in the process, I would think that getting the update out before finals would be the goal. I feel like the H5F will get a bit of a new lease on life once the custom game browser comes out. I know several of my friends have held off on the download until that feature was available, and I'm sure they aren't the only ones. What else do we have confirmed for this update again? Hard to keep track of it when the news is spread out and hidden all over in places like neogaf :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 1