CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Because Halo is difficult?

Playing titanfall makes me feel entitled to stable servers and accurate shot registration

• Upvote (+1) 6

X0vfSN0.gif

it only makes sense if you also feel sorry for me for not enjoying GOW as a spectator

actually, even then, it doesn't make sense

i'm a puzzle

it only makes sense if you also feel sorry for me for not enjoying GOW as a spectator

actually, even then, it doesn't make sense

i'm a puzzle

Neither do i but at least the knowledge that an xbox exclusive shooter can be successful makes me hopeful for halos future

Its not due to difficulty, I mean it still feels weird even if I play a smurf account against golds or something. Its more so because it takes me several games to get used to the aiming and sometimes I just want to jump on play 2-3 games and jump off. When it takes 5-10 games to feel competent its not super fun.

Same thing happened to me. Bought Destiny the Collection, played it for 2 weeks, mostly destroying in Crucible, got bored, went back to Halo and felt like total trash for couple of days. I must say though, I was playing with Last Word in crucible and the rate of fire and amount of autoaim on that thing is ridiculous. You have to actually aim with pistol in H5 so there is that.

Once I get used to aiming its fine, just takes a long while for that. It doesn't even feel like its the aim assist its just normal small adjustments just feel like I have to move the stick a mile to get it to register then it goes past them, it feels "slippery" or something. To me MWR without aim assist is easier than H5 with aim assist.

Destiny PVP at 30 frames is kinda terrible. That server tick rate is HORRIBLE. However, the aiming feels damn good, but your right there is a massive amount of aim assist in PVP.

i watched some of the gears tournament today. it was ungodly boring. i don't watch any others, so 343 can rest assured my viewership isn't going anywhere.

it's all just a time suck for me.

Watching the Gears tournament had the opposite effect on me. That game mode is perfect for esports, having the trip cap be an instant win condition is brilliant.

There were few dull moments for me.

I do wish there were other modes though

• Upvote (+1) 4

H5 is still fun for me. The biggest issue I have with it is that it is easy to switch FROM H5 to another console shooter like Destiny or MWR. In fact I always feel like a god when I switch from Halo to those games. However, when I switch back to  Halo 5 it takes me ages to adjust to the aim and I'm trash for 5 - 10 games. It makes me not want to play Halo 5 at all.

Same.  I have been having the same issue lately with Destiny and MWR also being in rotation.  Switching to those is fine, going back to halo after playing them for an appreciable amount if time feels like ass.  Can't aim and since i can generally only get in a few games at a time, i never really adjust back.  bleh.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Watching the Gears tournament had the opposite effect on me. That game mode is perfect for esports, having the trip cap be an instant win condition is brilliant.

There were few dull moments for me.

I do wish there were other modes though

Got to disagree on that, the game mode felt all over the place to watch:

• The primary problem was the hud that was just a mess of information and a wacking big black bar at the bottom
  • The arbitrary numbers didn't make much sense - first to 210? / trip cap, leading into best of seven rounds, leading into best of 3.
  • Spawn timers increase, weapons are introduced and there's a half time for some reason.

It's kind of the worst of both worlds in that it's spawn based within a round based structure, so there's a lack of finality usually sloppily ending in teams trying desperate the obj.

• Downvote (-1) 10

Same thing happened to me. Bought Destiny the Collection, played it for 2 weeks, mostly destroying in Crucible, got bored, went back to Halo and felt like total trash for couple of days. I must say though, I was playing with Last Word in crucible and the rate of fire and amount of autoaim on that thing is ridiculous. You have to actually aim with pistol in H5 so there is that.

Both my sons say the same thing. Austin hadn't played crucible since vanilla beta 2-3 years ago?, his brother didn't have a partner for Trials so he hopped on joined him and went flawless without any effort and no shotguns on their team. His little brother warms up in Halo before he plays anything serious in Destiny.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just reminding you how bad and shady ESL is

03QRtDR.png

and that even csgo prefers MLG

bkiEdGY.png

Just reminding you how much ESL does for CSGO:

Future announced events:

• Jul 07-Jul 09 ESL One: Cologne 2017

2016:

• Nov 16-Nov 20 IEM Oakland - $300,000
  • Oct 26-Oct 30 ESL Pro League Season 4 - Finals - $600,000
  • Sep 30-Oct 02 ESL One: New York 2016 - $250,000
  • [Online League] Aug 17-Oct 13 ESL Pro League Season 4 - Europe $75,000
  • [Online League] Aug 17-Oct 13 ESL Pro League Season 4 - North America $75,000
  • Jul 05-Jul 10 ESL One: Cologne 2016 - $1,000,000
  • May 11-May 15 ESL Pro League Season 3 - Finals - $512,000
  • Feb 19-Feb 21 ESL Expo Barcelona - $83,490
  • [Online League] Feb 09-Apr 26 ESL Pro League Season 3 - Europe - $119,000
  • [Online League] Feb 09-Apr 26 ESL Pro League Season 3 - North America - $119,000

2015:

• Dec 10-Dec 13 ESL ESEA Pro League Season II - Finals - $250,000
  • [Online League] Sep 15-Nov 19 ESL ESEA Pro League Season 2 - North America - $125,000
  • [Online League] Sep 15-Nov 17 ESL ESEA Pro League Season 2 - Europe $125,000
  • Sep 10-Sep 12 ESL ESEA Pro League Invitational - $250,000
  • Aug 20-Aug 23 ESL One: Cologne 2015 - $250,000
  • Jul 02-Jul 05 ESL ESEA Pro League Season I - Finals - $250,000
  • [Online League] May 04-Jun 22 ESL ESEA Pro League Season 1 - North America - $125,000
  • [Online League] May 04-Jun 24 ESL ESEA Pro League Season 1 - Europe - $125,000
  • Mar 12-Mar 15 ESL One: Katowice 2015 - $250,000

2014:

• [Online League] Dec 03-Apr 12 ESL Pro League I ESL - $48,000
  • Aug 14-Aug 17 ESL One: Cologne 2014 - $250,000
  • Mar 13-Mar 16 ESL Major Series One: Katowice 2014 - $250,000

Green are the ESL ran developer backed CSGO majors. I stopped going back from 2014 because Katowice was their first 'Major' (arguably the best and a catalyst to massive expectations for majors) but they were there before that when the game was dirt and needed lifting. I have nothing against MLG but they have run 2 big CSGO events, ESL is CS and has been for years.

TL;DR please stop trying to use Counter-Strike as an example, it doesn't work.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Our Major was the highest viewed major by FAR (PCU and hours consumed...we hit 1,400,000 on a Tuesday group match) and Xgames is still hailed as one of the best events ever. The CSGO community loved our events, in fact I would venture to say they are up there as gold standard examples by the CSGO community

Edit: Also gold standard applies to the 10,000 fans who attended, we had almost zero complaints and the ones we did field were around CSGO Pins being scarce.

I dont think you'll find anybody in these forums that would argue with you on what MLG has, and continues to do for all competitive Esports. I think this post was designed to prevent somebody shitting on ESL in a field they dont particularly deserve the hate. 

While you have the numbers to support you at its peak, I struggle to believe you could argue to me that ESL in CS is what ESL is in Halo. Nowhere in his post did he say which company runs better events or has more support from the community. He simply stated the events in an entirely unbiased list with entirely factual information. 

Congratulations on a fantastic event this weekend by the way. I loved the main stage design.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fix the aiming and remove thrust and pretty much no one with thumbs would miss with the magnum in H5.

lol.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I dont think you'll find anybody in these forums that would argue with you on what MLG has, and continues to do for all competitive Esports. I think this post was designed to prevent somebody shitting on ESL in a field they dont particularly deserve the hate. 

While you have the numbers to support you at its peak, I struggle to believe you could argue to me that ESL in CS is what ESL is in Halo.

Congratulations on a fantastic event this weekend by the way. I loved the main stage design.  

Sure I hear you but I don't subscribe to the quantity over quality argument as a basis for judging who is a better operator.

That being said, no one should be 'shitting' on operators in my opinion unless the event is a complete disaster.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Sure I hear you but I don't subscribe to the quantity over quality argument as a basis for judging who is a better operator.

That being said, no one should be 'shitting' on operators in my opinion unless the event is a complete disaster.

Yea....

I'm the same boat as those who don't enjoy Gears. I watched some of the event this weekend and it was awesome. I like the new game mode, I did enjoy watching 5v5 and it seemed to help pick up the pace a little bit in instances. The production value was amazing though so that combined with a game I had semi-interest in watching had me tuned in longer than I expected. It was cool, it made me want to go to an event and compete, but I just don't have any desire to get into the game itself.

The shaky cam could get a little rough but the wall bouncing and technical skill these pros have is awesome. If these movement mechanics didn't exist then I probably wouldn't be able to tune in at all.

Great event, made me miss open MLG events.

• Upvote (+1) 2

10000% agreed, but I also dont think anybody could argue that ESL Majors are lackluster because of quantity. They've put on pretty incredible shows, if I'm not mistaken, each and every time. 

Nobody is arguing who is the better operator here in the CS space, the guy is simply stating that ESL has supported CS with well executed majors consistently and the CS team at ESL doesn't deserve the hate, which I'm confident you'd agree with.