CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

there are a lot of games that function well that i don't happen to enjoy spectating. 

i'm pretty sure i'm not alone. 

also, i don't care for sitar music, no matter how amazing the composition is or virtuosic the performer is. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The only thing that Halo 5 has going for it right now is that the community still (kinda) cares. We hold on to hope no matter how many times we get our dreams crushed.

Here's to MLG, no radar, and better servers for pro league season 3  :bman:

• Upvote (+1) 6

It could be also that he finds the game boring, I love playing Gears but I don't find it as entertaining at a high level.

I find Halo entertaining at a high level. Not so much radar-abusing, clamber-jumping, auto spam, garbage utility weapon, shotgun/scattershot with excessive forward mobility, splinter nades, thrust-sliding everywhere, snipers bending bullets from adjacent states into the head, brain dead spawn system, and 2 games of H5 "collapse on spawns" slayer per Bo5. And that's before addressing the technical problems. Honestly, I think it would probably suck to be a Halo-only kid. It's sitting pretty near the bottom of the eSports pile right now and it could be so much better. 343 doesn't deserve the dedication the earlier games earned. Meanwhile, GoW4 has the best new competitive mode the series has ever had and they're doing almost everything right that H5 is doing wrong. I kind of feel sorry for people who can't get into it, because I really do think it's awesome. To each their own, I suppose.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

glad there are people in the world who feel sorry for me

maybe a kind soul will someday find a way to get me interested in cricket, a sport enjoyed by billions of fans that i'm just too unenlightened to enjoy. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I am trying my best to enjoy Gears, I bought the game, I watched couple of series, but it doesn't work for me. And while I love it as a cinematic campaign eperience, I find the combat and multiplayer experience very clunky and unresponsive. As a spectator I cant hype up myself, I dont find the plays exciting and I want to cry when I see players pumping the shotguns with camera shaking all over the place. I am sorry Jack.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I am trying my best to enjoy Gears, I bought the game, I watched couple of series, but it doesn't work for me. And while I love it as a cinematic campaign eperience, I find the combat and multiplayer experience very clunky and unresponsive. As a spectator I cant hype up myself, I dont find the plays exciting and I want to cry when I see players pumping the shotguns with camera shaking all over the place. I am sorry Jack.

That would be the high movement and shooting skill requirement that fosters the potential for extreme individual outplays, which might come as a bit of a shock coming off of H5. :kappa: 

Again, like I said, to each their own. I've run out of Halo nostalgia to motivate me to watch what Call of Duty is doing better and that would be a lot harder if I couldn't enjoy other competitive games based on their merits. That was my point. DaneCook can feel free to get bitchy about it and promise continued support for an incompetently run game.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

A zebra doesn't change its stripes and 343 has shown us the same shit for nearly 6 years, what makes you think its going to suddenly change next season and be all ladeda?

What sucks the most about Halo 5 imo is that the game isnt even fun casually. Halo 3 and Reach were amazing games because of social playlists, fun campaigns, custom lobbies, etc.

Halo 5 doesn't have one developer made BTB map. Most of the forge ones are garbage. Warzone is just getting destroyed by tryhard 12 queues. Customs would be good if we had the custom browser that was promised however many months ago.

I can load up Reach and have way more fun than I ever could playing H5 right now.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Do you legitimately think they don't care? I'll agree that what they're doing, or in most cases not doing, is unacceptable, but really?

They care about the wrong things i think. They care about the community on r/halo bc or he most part, they dont challenge 343 on things like servers and ghost melees, but ask for plack undershirts.im sure they care about their jobs, coworkers, and even the lore, but after the last 2 game releases, they dont care about putting out a functional product. With their half assed attempt at hcs, they care just enough to try but not enough to succeed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That would be the high movement and shooting skill requirement that fosters the potential for extreme individual outplays, which might come as a bit of a shock coming off of H5. :kappa:

Again, like I said, to each their own. I've run out of Halo nostalgia to motivate me to watch what Call of Duty is doing better and that would be a lot harder if I couldn't enjoy other competitive games based on their merits. That was my point. DaneCook can feel free to get bitchy about it and promise continued support for an incompetently run game.

It has to be fun to watch at first place right ? Is not like everybody is watching chess because it offers extreme individual outplays. I also watch other games and I am not running on nostalgia. Halo 5 is solid game and shooting and skillgap are way down on the list when it comes to fixing stuff. I am happy you found a new game you like, but please, don't give me this "I know better" attitude.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Gears isn't fun to watch.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Gears is fun to watch, but you have to understand the difficulty level of shotgun battles. Up As, Back As, Reaction shots etc

• Upvote (+1) 5

or just keep ESL Pro League (with some structure changes, obviously) and have mid-season MLG LANs, it was a really enjoyable format from the CWL and Black Ops 3.

If I only get one thing changed for 2017, having several meaningful "LAN" events would be a great step in the right direction. Letting MLG or UGC run them would be their best decision yet.*sigh* I'm gonna start writing to Santa...

Gears is fun to watch, but you have to understand the difficulty level of shotgun battles. Up As, Back As, Reaction shots etc

I disagree. You don't learn something so you can like it. You learn it because you like it already. That is how it works for me at least.

Again, there was over 30k ppl watching it so there is enough ppl enjoying it. And I believe the player base is still growing. I will stick with Halo and Smite for now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hmmmmm...

https://twitter.com/ESMLeague/status/802410478232289280

ALSO

ESM and Platinum 5 start their Halo minor league tomorrow! HCS open-circuit contenders like Pnda, MW, and 3sUp are in the league! Check them out, follow them, and tune in to the start of the league tomorrow!

http://www.hitbox.tv/Platinum5TV

ESML is gonna be awesome, thanks for spreading the word! I'm glad to see Stasis taken out of our veto rotation, there were a lot of reasons why that map didn't work.

What sucks the most about Halo 5 imo is that the game isnt even fun casually.

No offense but speak for yourself, i always jump in snipers, swat, breakout, doubles and especially warzone. i love the game casually - its the comp settings that we still need to adjust dramatically.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

glad there are people in the world who feel sorry for me

maybe a kind soul will someday find a way to get me interested in cricket, a sport enjoyed by billions of fans that i'm just too unenlightened to enjoy. 

Come to a test match with me and @@Gaskin - We will show you how to enjoy it.

(You start drinking at 10am)

• Upvote (+1) 9

No offense but speak for yourself, i always jump in snipers, swat, breakout, doubles and especially warzone. i love the game casually - its the comp settings that we still need to adjust dramatically.

This is how I feel about the game as well.  Gametypes like Snipers, SWAT, and Fiesta I still find rather enjoyable.  They each have a proven formula for success that 343 were smart enough not to change.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is how I feel about the game as well.  Gametypes like Snipers, SWAT, and Fiesta I still find rather enjoyable.  They each have a proven formula for success that 343 were smart enough not to change.

H5 is still fun for me. The biggest issue I have with it is that it is easy to switch FROM H5 to another console shooter like Destiny or MWR. In fact I always feel like a god when I switch from Halo to those games. However, when I switch back to  Halo 5 it takes me ages to adjust to the aim and I'm trash for 5 - 10 games. It makes me not want to play Halo 5 at all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

H5 is still fun for me. The biggest issue I have with it is that it is easy to switch FROM H5 to another console shooter like Destiny or MWR. In fact I always feel like a god when I switch from Halo to those games. However, when I switch back to  Halo 5 it takes me ages to adjust to the aim and I'm trash for 5 - 10 games. It makes me not want to play Halo 5 at all.

I thought I was the only one. I remember switching from whatever CoD was out to H3 and all it took was 5 minutes of running around and practicing jumps on Guardian to be adjusted back.

I think part of it is just not playing enough anymore (high school I was putting in probably 30-40 hrs/week on a full week into Halo, as opposed to the 0-10 hours a week now that I work 8-5 mon-fri) but most of it is how Halo 5 aims. It just feels really weird to me.

H5 is still fun for me. The biggest issue I have with it is that it is easy to switch FROM H5 to another console shooter like Destiny or MWR. In fact I always feel like a god when I switch from Halo to those games. However, when I switch back to Halo 5 it takes me ages to adjust to the aim and I'm trash for 5 - 10 games. It makes me not want to play Halo 5 at all.

Same thing happened to me. Bought Destiny the Collection, played it for 2 weeks, mostly destroying in Crucible, got bored, went back to Halo and felt like total trash for couple of days. I must say though, I was playing with Last Word in crucible and the rate of fire and amount of autoaim on that thing is ridiculous. You have to actually aim with pistol in H5 so there is that.

• Upvote (+1) 1