CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think a more comparable stat is the first Halo 5 event to the first Gears of War 4 event. Halo 5 is a year old game where as Gears 4 just came out. I know this will be viewed as me defending 343 but it's hard to make that comparison in my opinion. It is sad to see the numbers from Vegas be so low though :(

For sure, I agree with that. The MLG NA Regional event had similar, if not higher viewership (somewhere around 50k?), but then you have to look at retaining viewers. It'll be interesting to see how Gears does with maintaining viewership compared to our colossal drop off.

I think a more comparable stat is the first Halo 5 event to the first Gears of War 4 event. Halo 5 is a year old game where as Gears 4 just came out. I know this will be viewed as me defending 343 but it's hard to make that comparison in my opinion. It is sad to see the numbers from Vegas be so low though :(

Did Halo 5 even have a launch tournament? I know they had Halo World Championship Tour: X Games in January 2016 (2+ months after launch)

Believe that event got 30-40k if I remember correctly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

despite the historical fact that Gears has always been below Halos stats? 

this is good news for Gears, but it's a bad reflection on the management of Halo regarding competitive.

• Upvote (+1) 3

For those that care about viewership stats and whatnot, these are from @ and @@Moses_FPS posts.

Gears Columbus Peak

- Friday - 12,000~

- Saturday - 16,000~

- Sunday - 35,235~

HCS Vegas Peak

- Friday - 3,676~

- Saturday - 3,500~

- Sun/Mon - 8,068

These are fake we have 9 million Halo esports enthusiasts.

#easyjokes

• Upvote (+1) 8

Not really sad. It was an open event missing the world champs, Optic, as well as a crowd favorite in Naded. Plus the schedule had the biggest matches well after midnight on the east coast, the most active timezone for Halo. Key factors contributed to it seeming like a failure. Also, you're 100% right about the comparison - Gears just came out and 300k was on the line, there's no logic in dragging down Halo with the success of another title. There's room in the sun for us all. 

I sure do miss those MLG days though! 

i don't think 30k viewers will be the norm for GoW esports

If mlg keeps up this level of quality and invests the time in it, it might hold between 15-20k. I'd love halo to have those numbers.

And tbh a console exclusive will probably never have a 100k stream, unless we went back to old mlg format and ran multiple games in one weekend. Link all streams on the mlg site to allow easier migration between them and maybe we dont have super high concurrent views but the unique viewer total could be pretty high

Devils advocate is that Gears has always been well below Halo on every metric

Sales

Live event scope

Viewership

Participation

For their first events of new titles to be similar in #s says a lot

I'm with you! Personally, I glad to see Gears 4 doing as well as it has been doing. All of those factors are certainly signs that the community is thirsty for the content and they're clearly enjoying what you and your team are putting out there. 

Shouldn't you be breaking down an event btw? ;P

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did Halo 5 even have a launch tournament? I know they had Halo World Championship Tour: X Games in January 2016 (2+ months after launch)

Believe that event got 30-40k if I remember correctly.

2050 Daytona - I think it hit 15k but don't quote me.

Devils advocate is that Gears has always been well below Halo on every metric

Sales

Live event scope

Viewership

Participation

For their first events of new titles to be similar in #s says a lot

Yeah, Gears doesn't have SHIT management. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

For those that care about viewership stats and whatnot, these are from @ and @@Moses_FPS posts.

Gears Columbus Peak

- Friday - 12,000~

- Saturday - 16,000~

- Sunday - 35,235~

HCS Vegas Peak

- Friday - 3,676~

- Saturday - 3,500~

- Sun/Mon - 8,068~

one thing to note is that OpTic didnt play Vegas. I know OpTic juice is a meme but its real 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm with you! Personally, I glad to see Gears 4 doing as well as it has been doing. All of those factors are certainly signs that the community is thirsty for the content and they're clearly enjoying what you and your team are putting out there. 

Shouldn't you be breaking down an event btw? ;P

Stop trying to drive away the only contact we have with redemption.

Are the finals next month on /Halo or a different channel?

EU & NA are on /halo

Are the finals next month on /Halo or a different channel?

I heard its gonna be on /reddithalo channel. They want to get involved with people that don't normally watch esports.

also there was $300k on the line for GoW and that halo event was a $25k event

i don't think 30k viewers will be the norm for GoW esports

Also Optic juice. Still a great event for GoW

They could have learned a ton from UGC even and chose not to... So I don't have much hope

In all fairness, there wasn't a whole lot of time between UGC and Vegas. I asked, and Tashi said it would be considered for future events. Take that for what you will.

not to be a hater but did the last pro player summit actually accomplish anything or naw?

I remember it being summed up as pros mitigated even worst changes than the bad ones that made it through.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I remember it being summed up as pros mitigated even worst changes than the bad ones that made it through.

sounds like a successful summit to me....  :)

• Upvote (+1) 2