CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It's so nice to see that an Open LAN run by MLG for a dead game (Gears eSports was dead, not the franchise) pulls more viewers than Halo.

It pretty much confirms what we've speculated about if 343 went with MLG.

MLG has done a phenomenal job, it's great to see events like this being run. Props to @

I do think however this has a lot to do with the fact that Gears 4 is actually a good game based on a proven original formula.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I do think however this has a lot to do with the fact that Gears 4 is actually a good game based on a proven original formula.

It really is a good game. It looks good, it plays good. It's a little wonky to watch, it'd be nice if there was some spectator view stabilisation on the camera, when they're doing those weave dodges in the hill it's a little hard to follow.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It pretty much confirms what we've speculated about if 343 went with MLG.

MLG is definitely the best choice but it helps that the gears devs are doing like everything right.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I assume that if nV wins they take Optic on another best of 3 right?

Correct

• Upvote (+1) 1

MLG is definitely the best choice but it helps that the gears devs are doing like everything right.

I follow Coalition on twitter, they really do seem to know what they're doing.

Watching this Gears tourney makes me happy that another awesome game is doing well in the eSports scene but simultaneously sad that Halo is in such dire straits compared to it.  

FeelsBadMan

343i, please give MLG a shot going forward with the Halo series.  There is enough evidence to support why they should be in charge of the eSports side, especially after the last year of Halo 5's eSport's scene.

• Upvote (+1) 3

343i, please give MLG a shot going forward with the Halo series.  There is enough evidence to support why they should be in charge of the eSports side, especially after the last year of Halo 5's eSport's scene.

Plot twist: Halo 3 Annivesary MLG Open Circuit.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

MLG has done a phenomenal job, it's great to see events like this being run. Props to @

Treated well after launch, halo 5 and hcs couldve been just as huge. I think of all bad decisions made, the reliance of online vs "lans" my have had the most negative impact on hcs. Seeing what @ has done with gears makes me sad for what couldve been. Im proud of the successful events hes put together though!

• Upvote (+1) 1

For real though, this Gears website is amazing and Halo needs one so bad.  I don't even play Gears and I got a cool emblem to use in G4 should I choose to get it down the road.  Really cool stuff.

Treated well after launch, halo 5 and hcs couldve been just as huge. I think of all bad decisions made, the reliance of online vs "lans" my have had the most negative impact on hcs. Seeing what @ has done with gears makes me sad for what couldve been. Im proud of the successful events hes put together though!

If halo had THIS setup following Worlds, it would be much larger than Gears is. Squandered opportunity is 343s middle name.

It's just crazy how night and day 343 and the coalition are in terms of leadership.

Watching this tourney is so bittersweet

• Upvote (+1) 1

this is a perfect example of what should have happened after Halo 4. 

but 343 have been given more than one chance. so any chance of rebounding is long gone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Please keep all Gears discussion in the Halo 5: Guardians Discussion thread, thank you.

All Gears related posts from now on will be removed.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

HCS staff could learn a lot from this event.

They could have learned a ton from UGC even and chose not to... So I don't have much hope

• Upvote (+1) 2

Gears and MLG breaking 30k viewers.

Does streaming on your main channel work?

Nah, people like inconsistency. They like following 8 different channels for Halo tournaments.

They could have learned a ton from UGC even and chose not to... So I don't have much hope

I'm not going to pretend to know what goes on with the HCS, but I always got the feeling that they block out all this noise as "haters gonna hate". Here we are with 5am Finals and their employees negging community members and MLG staff for actual real criticism :mj:

----------------

Gears stream is back with the second set of matches for the Finals!

• Upvote (+1) 9

I'm not going to pretend to know what goes on with the HCS, but I always got the feeling that they block out all this noise as "haters gonna hate". Here we are with 5am Finals and their employees negging community members and MLG staff for actual real criticism :mj:

----------------

Gears stream is back with the second set of matches for the Finals!

You are literally the reason MCC hasn't been fixed stop being so entitled.

:kappa:

their employees negging community members and MLG staff for actual real criticism :mj:

Links?

@@CyReN is a Gears Pro Circuit thread viable? I'd like to have one.

We used to have one, we just do all Gears post with just 1 Gears thread. Or this thread works as a temp.

I don't even understand what's going on/game-modes/tournament structure but I'm having more fun watching this Gears match than I did watching either Pro League season.

• Upvote (+1) 1