CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

God, this community is so entitled sometimes. Do you not understand how incredibly hard it is for developers to make games? 343i is still a new company, and is still trying to take over from Bungie. Give them a break. They had to create an entirely new engine from the ground up and WZ took most of the development time. I'm glad it did. Arena is also the most skillful and balanced Halo game ever, we no longer have a one gun game sandbox like Halo's CE through Reach. Also, I'm so happy that the autos are powerful now. If you want to complain about the amazing free DLC, go play COD where the season pass is $60, and if you don't want to do that, go make your own game.

uJfwO.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just matched a TO4 that's winning games with ONLY AR's. Can't tell if they're using the exploit or not, and the teams I was on were garbage, but that the fact that that can even happen is utter horseshit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

God, this community is so entitled sometimes. Do you not understand how incredibly hard it is for developers to make games? 343i is still a new company, and is still trying to take over from Bungie. Give them a break. They had to create an entirely new engine from the ground up and WZ took most of the development time. I'm glad it did. Arena is also the most skillful and balanced Halo game ever, we no longer have a one gun game sandbox like Halo's CE through Reach. Also, I'm so happy that the autos are powerful now. If you want to complain about the amazing free DLC, go play COD where the season pass is $60, and if you don't want to do that, go make your own game. 

215yc2.gif

• Upvote (+1) 9

I'd kill for that UI. Such simple changes make such a HUGE difference. I genuinely don't understand why the H5 UI looks so bad. i thought the menu screen was a fan made Photoshop when I first saw it on r/halo

The Halo 5 beta UI was so much better and had a better background.

EDIT: This game had to be reworked mid development there is no way they planned to release this game with so much content missing, Halo 4 had more features at launch it really makes me wonder what happened over there.

• Upvote (+1) 3

EDIT: This game had to be reworked mid development there is no way they planned to release this game with so much content missing, Halo 4 had more features at launch it really makes me wonder what happened over there.

There's lots of images showing the original UI ideas for the game, and they obviously got chucked. I definitely think some Destiny-level development disaster happened. I can't see a single world in which they genuinely thought it was a good idea to launch with 4 game modes. Makes me wonder if the rumor's about Microsoft freaking out about the story after MCC are true, and if that ended up sucking up a lot of resources.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Just matched a TO4 that's winning games with ONLY AR's. Can't tell if they're using the exploit or not, and the teams I was on were garbage, but that the fact that that can even happen is utter horseshit.

No exploit needed. The sandbox balance was just bad all along and people got used to the abusing maps and abilities needed to further break it.

I promise it's not that hard to figure out optimal timing and positioning to outgun a pistol with the AR in a 1v1 battle. Even more so now that thrust sliding is common practice, useful jumps have been figured out and people understand sight lines and spawns. 

The real question is how long will it take for 343 to address it. It's been 13 months since the game came out and we haven't seen a single major sandbox balance update, so I'm gonna go ahead and guess never. Better get that AR out!

• Upvote (+1) 9

It's very obvious that at least the campaign was heavily reworked with the differences between what we were told was going to happen and what was actually in the game. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

No exploit needed. The sandbox balance was just bad all along and people got used to the abusing maps and abilities needed to further break it.

I promise it's not that hard to figure out optimal timing and positioning to outgun a pistol with the AR in a 1v1 battle. Even more so now that thrust sliding is common practice, useful jumps have been figured out and people understand sight lines and spawns. 

The real question is how long will it take for 343 to address it. It's been 13 months since the game came out and we haven't seen a single major sandbox balance update, so I'm gonna go ahead and guess never. Better get that AR out!

The only time 343 takes action is when /r/halo complains about something. They complained about not having Firefight so they got one built from the ground up. They complained about not having Infection and other social playlist so 343 gave them what they want plus more. What they have NOT complained about is the weapon sandbox. In fact, they think it's perfect. Every time someone brings up about how unbalanced the autos are the discussion always get shutdown with, "autos are only good at close range, git gud." Judging from /r/halo recent complaints, looks like we'll be getting black undersuits and the resignation of Brian Reed before any changes are made to Arena.

• Upvote (+1) 4

so wat ur saying is we need to pay off high influence personalities within the reddit community to get our game fixed? 

im gonna start saving up

• Upvote (+1) 3

http://imgur.com/a/qyjam

Here are some UI designs and concepts I found earlier this year

• Upvote (+1) 1

http://imgur.com/a/qyjam

Here are some UI designs and concepts I found earlier this year

Visual representation of try harding. Just build upon and graphically enhance H3 or Reach's UI, why they gotta get so crazy with stuff?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Visual representation of try harding. Just build upon and graphically enhance H3 or Reach's UI, why they gotta get so crazy with stuff?

cuz we have 343 and we cant have nice things