CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

All that work for 10k split 5 ways. tragic.

I'd say the lan experience was priceless. All these teams learned a lot about themselves.

And hopefully 343 learned that they need to do better with the pro league setup for next season... because 4 teams going to finals is a travesty and that halo games need to have LAN support.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

All in all, production issues aside that was a fantastic event gameplay/competition wise. The gap between the non-Optic pro teams on LAN is obviously much smaller than we thought and having a day devoted entirely to ams really got me invested in their stories.

The finals were also probably the best finals h5 has had so far.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Really fun tournament to watch. I hope ALG tries to pick up bubu dubu for str8 sick I think their team is on the cusp of being really great. And it seems like NV just keeps getting better and better. That game 7 comeback showed some serious balls. Valuable lan experience as a team as well. Wouldn't be surprised to see the next lan meeting between NV and OG to be a lot closer.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I hope ALG tries to pick up bubu dubu for str8 sick I think their team is on the cusp of being really great.

If Bubu Dubu is gonna go anywhere, it'll be somewhere that isnt fighting for the relegation spots consistently online, or a team with much more experience. Depending what happens with Ninja and EG, I reckon that'll be a great pick up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

selective memory and short term memory loss are very common around here

og top 1 until the next hurricane. there was only one team to give them a true challenge and that was devon, huke, cntra and bubu dubu

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Fun fact: The lead singer of that band was really into competitive Halo and MLG back in the day. Hes wearing a mlg shirt in this concert:

And he has called out 343 multiple times for halo being crappy now

went to breaking Benjamin's concert the night after halo 3 released and the first thing he says on stage was "I'm tired guys cause I've was up all night playing fucking halo 3" and the entire crowd roared
  • Upvote (+1) 4

What time did this end? I made it as long as I could...

Judging by some posts around 5:30am EST?

• Upvote (+1) 1

What about all the Emmas at the same time?

giphy.giftumblr_lvcyt2jcwE1qa3g9o.giftumblr_static_e7qwyd5ub88c0ws0co4o8wgcc.2mp0jmg.jpg

Literally the greatest post of all time arguably. (Sorry about your data)

• Upvote (+1) 3

Fell asleep right before Grand Finals... :(

Congrats to NV on the epic comeback that I still need to watch and very well played by Liquid all tournament long. Spartan, Rayne and Penguin have now improved their placing resumes at live tournaments. I hope this TL squad sticks together for the rest of Halo 5.

I woke up expecting to see who won but there was no sign of a winner. Only realised that the finals were still being played. 

Liquid threw away an 11 kill lead  :walshy:

Also I wish FabE could get scrims against NA teams for obvious reasons.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That can't be right @@Moses_FPS, someone said not streaming on the Halo channel that's used all season long doesn't make a difference, since games like Starcraft and LoL do that so we are automatically immune. Correct me if wrong.

:lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 9

What time did this end? I made it as long as I could...

Judging by some posts around 5:30am EST?

Yep.  I went to bed right after the series -- around 4:30 (central).

zceoZKo.png

Pro league vs ESA vs PGL viewership

The long stream probably didn't help concurrent viewership. Neither did not being on halo channel.

That crazy ass finals surly would have pulled in some viewers at 5pm instead of 5am.

I can't believe the average held up so 'well' during the wee hours of the morning

• Upvote (+1) 1