CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

We funded halo for nearly a decade, a mod I have never spoken to nor heard of should not be speaking for what we will or won't do. ESL and 343 have a multi year relationship that includes funding from 343, hard to operate anything of consequence in a system that is not conducive for community growth.

There needs to be wholesale changes to the tournament system to fix the issues. One MLG event won't solve the flawed system design that is plaguing the growth of the competition base

i want you back so bad

john-cusack-boombox-58185.png

• Upvote (+1) 4

Could I get the bracket from anyone pleeease?

https://www.millennialesports.gg/tournament_series/1

Can't even get their own name straight :bman:

jVvBXjI.png

Not to nitpick too much but why didn't they change their name til after this league was done? Even with that, change it all at once and not gradually. It took us like 1 day to get our stuff updated on Twitch with a new name change.

• Upvote (+1) 2

most of ESL couldn't give less of a shit about really growing comp. Halo

I apologise to yourself and anyone else who feels this way, I've seen this statement on Reddit a few times today and can fully assure you that this simply is not true. For me personally it couldn't be more at the opposite end of what we work towards every day. I've been involved with EU comp Halo since H2 and battled through the quieter days of H4, I want nothing but the very best for us all both as players and community alike and to see Halo back on top where it belongs.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I apologise to yourself and anyone else who feels this way, I've seen this statement on Reddit a few times today and can fully assure you that this simply is not true. For me personally it couldn't be more at the opposite end of what we work towards every day. I've been involved with EU comp Halo since H2 and battled through the quieter days of H4, I want nothing but the very best for us all both players and community alike and to see Halo back on top where it belongs.

Online pro league isn't the problem, it's 343 Industries going with a different tournament organizer and production team every event.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm really not trying to be mean, but I'm genuinely curious: Is he okay? Something just somehow seems off.

I caught sight of myself in a mirror while full of ketamine at 6am a few years ago and that's how I looked. Take from that what you will.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm really not trying to be mean, but I'm genuinely curious: Is he okay? Something just somehow seems off.

To my knowledge, I don't think he's ever been interviewed before (maybe he was at OC but I didn't watch the entire event). Probably just being anxious

Probably just nervous and tired. Dude's what, barely 16? And he has a history of sleeping through (at least one) tourney in the Legendary Cup this year. And he's just naturally more monotone than Maniac. Hearing him on comms in his teammates streams he's like the most bland person, but fuck he's a solid player.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I apologise to yourself and anyone else who feels this way, I've seen this statement on Reddit a few times today and can fully assure you that this simply is not true. For me personally it couldn't be more at the opposite end of what we work towards every day. I've been involved with EU comp Halo since H2 and battled through the quieter days of H4, I want nothing but the very best for us all both players and community alike and to see Halo back on top where it belongs.

I appriciate all you do. You are the most visible esl/343 staffer here and your passion shows. Unfortunately on our end, it does seem like you are the only one that cares. We have been given nothing but bad decisions and 2 broken games in a row. Halo has a community but a dev and org that dont seem to give a shit. Its hard to stomach that

I apologise to yourself and anyone else who feels this way, I've seen this statement on Reddit a few times today and can fully assure you that this simply is not true. For me personally it couldn't be more at the opposite end of what we work towards every day. I've been involved with EU comp Halo since H2 and battled through the quieter days of H4, I want nothing but the very best for us all both players and community alike and to see Halo back on top where it belongs.

I appreciate the words Simm (Speaking of which, cast NA already!) but it seems like our requests are not being heard, as we've heard nothing from 343/ESL (No offense to you, out of anyone in a position of power, you're here the most). It took months to just get ghost melee's acknowledged. We saw few improvements of the league from S1-S2, despite extensive feedback present here. I think the main source of everyone's frustration is that it feels like we're not at all being listened to.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I seriously hope that ESL has been reading the feedback that's been given on these forums for the format for next season like bringing the top 8 teams to finals and reverting back to a points based format similar to H2A so pros can't just skip LANs and make them matter.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Shit man it's another late night for the east coast, another grand finals I'll miss because I'm an entitled millennial that has to work tomorrow.

Im hoping to catch the grand finals when i wake up at 3a for my norning shift

You my friend, are an idiot

Rich only has 350 tabs open, most are memes.