CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This is just so tragic.........

I could write a 10,000 word on how stupid this decision but I just can't be bothered. I give up, halo will never recover with 343 at the helm.

stop supporting them, stop watching tournaments, stop buying reqs, stop playing their game, stop supporting this company.

I can't decide if this is serious or if it's just you trying to get more neg reps. Either way, I'm giving you the up rep.

I could write a 10,000 word on how stupid this decision but I just can't be bothered. I give up, halo will never recover with 343 at the helm.

stop supporting them, stop watching tournaments, stop buying reqs, stop playing their game, stop supporting this company.

I can appreciate your enthusiasm but that's just not realistic. We just need our voices to be even louder. 

@@mediabrute @@mikeface killah @@ssbChad need to come up with the dankest of memes and send it to 343.

Most of the community isn't going to spend $1000 on airfare, hotel, and food to fly to the west coast.

I understand where you're coming from (and I too wish there was a east coast or mid-west event), but the difference of flying from say Chicago to LA, and Chicago to say Orlando is like $100. So in all likelyhood people's expenses aren't THAT much different when going to the west coast.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah I'm not going to give up on 343 and my favorite game that made me buy the XBox console since 2001 lol.

TO BE FAIR, we did get a lot of what we asked. As it stands right now we've gotten more information than last season and we have open LANs this upcoming season. I believe that was two of the biggest concerns at the last season. Communication and open LANs. Baby steps but slowly we're getting what we want.

• Upvote (+1) 4

NA was 226k last season, though.  This 1,000 dollar discrepancy is a huge oversight and must be rectified for my continued patronage of the league.

You got us there. It actually is $226k, but $225k just looks so much prettier. 

My thoughts exactly.  I'd actually consider going to an open LAN if nothing more than for nostalgia's sake.....but not to California lol.  I'm in Illinois.  It'd cost me a month's pay just to get there and -maybe- get back..

So, that's out the window.

With 30 seconds of google a flight from Chicago to Santa Ana for the Orange County dates is $300. That doesn't seem completely outrageous to me. =/

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

is the hcs going to grow this season?

my head says no

How do you define growth? Curious. 

I understand where you're coming from (and I too wish there was a east coast or mid-west event), but the difference of flying from say Chicago to LA, and Chicago to say Orlando is like $100. So in all likelyhood people's expenses aren't THAT much different when going to the west coast.

St Louis or Columbus is where an event needs to be. Plain and simple.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

stop watching tournaments

not possible

i support competitive halo because i love halo and i love the community 

i'll never stop supporting the players

How do you define growth? Curious. 

viewership and in game population

i don't see these two events impacting those two things much at all

• Upvote (+1) 4

I guess I'm from South Dakota and I've gone to both Chicago and LA. And there was a good $3-400 difference when including hotel and airfare.

Yeah I'm not going to give up on 343 and my favorite game that made me buy the XBox console since 2001 lol.

TO BE FAIR, we did get a lot of what we asked. As it stands right now we've gotten more information than last season and we have open LANs this upcoming season. I believe that was two of the biggest concerns at the last season. Communication and open LANs. Baby steps but slowly we're getting what we want.

Meh, growing up I was always told that if I'm going to half ass something I shouldn't even be doing it. And that's what it feels like 343 does over and over and over.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree. But the people saying that flying to the west coast costs $1k-$2k are out of their mind.

It's $250-$400.

Not everyone can book this far in advance...

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

With 30 seconds of google a flight from Chicago to Santa Ana for the Orange County dates is $300. That doesn't seem completely outrageous to me. =/

I recently bought plane tickets to Orlando for my Wife and I, compared the prices to LA on the same days and it's a $350 difference. That's not even factoring in hotels, food, uber, venue fees, etc. :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 2

i just pray there isn't an xbox live or internet issue because if this even flops it could be the death of open halo lans (at least until 6)

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I guess I'm from South Dakota and I've gone to both Chicago and LA. And there was a good $3-400 difference when including hotel and airfare.

currently $50 difference between flying from Sioux Falls to Chicago and to LA.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You know back in the MLG days players were saving there lunch money, pitching in together for gas money, sleeping in the hotel lobby floors and in cars. Players gotta put some effort into this....

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

currently $50 difference between flying from Sioux Falls to Chicago and to LA.

What airline? Allegiant? If so, no thanks, I'd rather run.

I recently bought plane tickets to Orlando for my Wife and I, compared the prices to LA on the same days and it's a $350 difference. That's not even factoring in hotels, food, uber, venue fees, etc. :mj:

Do you not have those same fee's regardless of where you go? And it cost me $400 total to fly from LA-Detroit and back for G4G while booking 15 days before the event. I honestly don't understand where these astronomically large west coast flight #s come from.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Most of the community isn't going to spend $1000 on airfare, hotel, and food to fly to the west coast.

This cant be stressed enough.

I live about 6 hours from Chicago...  So add gas driving into that.

And is that $300 round trip?  If not, then $600 plus gas/food for travel etc....= ~$1000