CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Has anyone tried oddball customs? I know the concern is that it'll be too frantic, but I'm curious to hear first hand impressions. I really miss watching pros play it.

PLayed random 8s with it on rig truth and eden. Only thing I noted is that double thrust makes oddball dude have a lot less vulnerability than I would assume other halos did and you can run away.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm confused about this Vegas tourney;

So it's an event for the amateurs to get into the relegation spots, but the pro's are having their own tournament too for no reason? Where does Fabe come in on this?

If im not mistaken, the two highest placing pro teams make ut to relegation. The other pro teams just want some lan time and a chance for some cash. Plus if the am teams want to make it in pro league, they need some playtime against the pros

I'm confused about this Vegas tourney;

So it's an event for the amateurs to get into the relegation spots, but the pro's are having their own tournament too for no reason? Where does Fabe come in on this?

The pro's play on sunday against the best teams from Saturday. This tournament ended up being formatted strangely due to the way the open circuit has been formatted. Pro's didn't know they were going to only be playing only on Sunday until recently.

Fabe came to test themselves against NA competition really. They are clearly the most dominant team in EU by some margin. This will be their first real test.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Then Snipedown went into a rant about how Snakebite told Frosty to either look at his bank account and smile, or send a picture of his balance to Snipedown after Snipedown bagged him last scrim. Then the conversation shifted 

I think both sides have good points, but it *is* pretty petty to bring up your bank account as an argument... that's so weird and I wouldn't expect Snakebite to suggest that.

I wasn't on Twitch for any of this, but generally it just seems like competitive banter.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The pro's play on sunday against the best teams from Saturday. This tournament ended up being formatted strangely due to the way the open circuit has been formatted. Pro's didn't know they were going to only be playing only on Sunday until recently.

Fabe came to test themselves against NA competition really. They are clearly the most dominant team in EU by some margin. This will be their first real test.

Cant wait to see some of those matches.

Has anyone seen any kind of schedule for the Sunday matches yet?

I was going to use after effects to put frosty's and snakebite's heads over these two guys but the tutorials alone were too confusing for me :(

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think both sides have good points, but it *is* pretty petty to bring up your bank account as an argument... that's so weird and I wouldn't expect Snakebite to suggest that.

I wasn't on Twitch for any of this, but generally it just seems like competitive banter.

I agree its petty, but its not like "haha i'm rich and you're not" its more of a "we won when it really mattered." So far, OpTic has only lost the 2 pro league matches and 2 or 3 sets of scrims against nV. I guess the pro league matches which determined who was #1 for the season had somewhat of a monetary value but nothing compared to worlds/season 1 finals or what season 2 finals will be. I hope @@SnakeBite will come in and clear things up, because he is one of my favorite pros and someone I admire. I do not think he meant to say something in that sleazy of a manner.  

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Seems like pretty normal shit talking to me. Its pretty obvious that they're just pointing out optic actually wins things that matter. He doesn't really need to clarify anything lol. I guess it would be interesting to see people get offended though if it comes to that.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Your daily dose of scrim results

5e2j4xQ.png

I think it was actually 7-6 for E6. EG was saying one game (rig slayer?) Wasn't showing up.

I'm not sure it is petty when there is a direct correlation between tournament placement and money earned. In my original post I didn't articulate my thought properly. Eric maturely expressed that he thought Snakebite's comments were petty. This does not mean I agree with Eric's assessment, because I don't.

I think it was actually 7-6 for E6. EG was saying one game (rig slayer?) Wasn't showing up.

Ill check when I get home from work 

I'm not sure it is petty when there is a direct correlation between tournament placement and money earned. In my original post I didn't articulate my thought properly. Eric maturely expressed that he thought Snakebite's comments were petty. This does not mean I agree with Eric's assessment, because I don't.

Again, I haven't seen any of these shenanigans, so I don't know what the context was. If it was to point out that they win more tournaments, I don't see an issue necessarily, but it's still a bit of an odd way to phrase things.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

daddy snake could buy and sell you clowns, and all it took was a small loan of 1M dollars

but seriously, i see nothing wrong with him bragging about the amount of money he has won playing HALO

if anyone gets to brag it's the CLG/OG squad

• Upvote (+1) 8

Just checked, some named JustdaA joined the game and left. Messing with the checks. Ill manually add it and remove that person.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Seems like pretty normal shit talking to me. Its pretty obvious that they're just pointing out optic actually wins things that matter. He doesn't really need to clarify anything lol. I guess it would be interesting to see people get offended though if it comes to that.

Pointing out bank accounts is petty.  That's like when Lethul said something on Twitter about winning 13x more money than Eric at worlds ... I mean, it's not incorrect, but just goes beyond normal trash talk I think.  Also when OpTic won worlds Snipedown wasn't even on his current team, so it makes no sense to bring that up; Halo is a team game, Snipedown might be the best player on earth but if his team was holding him back at worlds then I don't see how that's relevant.

But then Snipedown is also getting way too pumped about near-meaningless online Ws

• Upvote (+1) 5

Pointing out bank accounts is petty.  That's like when Lethul said something on Twitter about winning 13x more money than Eric at worlds ... I mean, it's not incorrect, but just goes beyond normal trash talk I think.  Also when OpTic won worlds Snipedown wasn't even on his current team, so it makes no sense to bring that up; Halo is a team game, Snipedown might be the best player on earth but if his team was holding him back at worlds then I don't see how that's relevant.

But then Snipedown is also getting way too pumped about near-meaningless online Ws

I'm not sure any trash talk related to a video game could be classified as anything other than petty. The best part is that it doesn't matter. Not even a little bit. Its honestly hilarious to see the reactions that teabagging people on Halo gets. Please let it continue.

I'm all for trash talk, but no one seriously has a case to do so until they take down OpTic on LAN. Either way, hope it doesn't get too personal and stays somewhat professional.

--------------------

Does anyone know what this weekend's venue looks like btw?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So it looks like default profiles will be used for much of this weekend, which is a little annoying.  Pretty frustrating seeing random names/numbers come up in the kill feed.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm all for trash talk, but no one seriously has a case to do so until they take down OpTic on LAN. Either way, hope it doesn't get too personal and stays somewhat professional.

--------------------

Does anyone know what this weekend's venue looks like btw?

if only they'd show up

• Upvote (+1) 7