CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Okay I'm sorry but I can't hold this in any longer. Very rarely do I post but I can't stay silent.

I'm a day one Halo player. I got the game and Xbox the day it came out when I was 8 years old. Played every game for hours and hours and competed all the way up to H5. The state of this game is absolutely pathetic. I'm not talking about competitive settings, or spawns, or radar or any of that. I'm talking about how it's nearly impossible to play 4 or 5 games without myself getting disconnected, or someone else getting disconnected.

I'll admit it myself I'm a casual player now. I keep up with HCS, I have a lot of friends that compete both AM and pro, and even an org owner. Most of my time is spent grinding for req points so I can unlock everything, that's really all I play for now. But as a Halo fan it is absolutely EMBARASSING how little 343 cares about fixing the problems with the game itself. I've tried to play three Warzone Firefight games this morning thinking the Warzone servers are still fine, I can play without issue. I've been disconnected THREE OUT OF THREE TIMES and successfully wasted 30 minutes of my day.

343, Microsoft, Xbox, whoever, please I am begging you to fix this game. Quit pretending everything is fine and just admit something was screwed up and actually work to fix it. I love Halo. I love the lore, the games, the all nighters with friends playing/LANning. You've had millions of people supporting you and your franchise and it honestly feels like you've abandoned us. I HATE being negative about this and ranting over a forum that I know none of y'all will read, but please help us.

You have tons of passionate fans that for some reason we still support this franchise and hold out hope. Please swallow your pride and fix this game. I'm on my last leg here as I'm sure many fans are. I know in the big scope of things losing one person like me isn't a big deal. But it's more than that, it's not just me that feels this way. It's thousands and thousands of people just like me, who love the world of Halo that has been created and has been a wonderful thing for 15 years now.

Don't abandon us. Please help us to fix this game. This is my first and last plea.

/emotional rant

Please put this in ske7ch's new thread

I'm just going off of stuff seen in the trailer. Don't assume any of the other stuff is coming.

Well the forge stuff is something we have been told is coming (with the exception of the Oddball gametype). It may not be all this update, but it's not unlikely that it will.

Ghost was thanking the forgers who made the Anniversary maps last night. While the maps are indeed very good, I'd like to remind him and 343 how CE was actually played.

• No Sprint
  • No thrust
  • No clamber
  • No spartan charge
  • No ground pound
  • No radar

See how easy it would be to fix that in custom games settings? I did it in 30 seconds to make sure it was as easy as I thought. If they want to be super faithful they could make a couple of other changes as well that may not work with the sandbox, but that I still found to be easy to change if they chose to. 

• Fix weapon and power up timers
  • Double grenade damage

It's shocking how close you can make H5 to CE with some settings changes. Which makes the Anniversary Playlist so appalling.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ghost was thanking the forgers who made the Anniversary maps last night. While the maps are indeed very good, I'd like to remind him and 343 how CE was actually played.

• No Sprint
  • No thrust
  • No clamber
  • No spartan charge
  • No ground pound
  • No radar

See how easy it would be to fix that in custom games settings? I did it in 30 seconds to make sure it was as easy as I thought. If they want to be super faithful they could make a couple of other changes as well that may not work with the sandbox, but that I still found to be easy to change if they chose to. 

• Fix weapon and power up timers
  • Double grenade damage

It's shocking how close you can make H5 to CE with some settings changes. Which makes the Anniversary Playlist so appalling.

I'm sure they are all aware of how easy it is to get close to CE but we've heard time and time again that this wasn't their goal with the list. 

It's shocking how close you can make H5 to CE with some settings changes. 

I find it more shocking to hear someone actually say that. The rest I agree with.

It could be worse, guys. We could be playing Infinite Warfare.

That's why we have Titanfall 2 ;) 

It would be pretty hard to say that bungie wasn't simply better at everything. Except for perhaps esports support. That's probably just the difference between a studio that was built up through their own successes and ideas vs a studio created to maintain an already existing brand. Bungie had to do well where 343 just has to exist.

That is rather profound. It is indeed true that 343 just has to exist. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has anyone tried oddball customs? I know the concern is that it'll be too frantic, but I'm curious to hear first hand impressions. I really miss watching pros play it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Play infinite Warefare? I've had the game two weeks and am still getting error 32770. Literally played like one game remastered before being booted and haven't been able to play since.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I have not played it, but based on random twitter feedback from COD Pros, it seems like everyone dislikes it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have not played it, but based on random twitter feedback from COD Pros, it seems like everyone dislikes it.

It's actually not nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be. It was just the subject of the whole anti futuristic stigma going on sounding the trailer release, not to mention it's following blops 3 which is considered the best CoD yet. The movement mechanics are actually pretty much identical between blops and IW aside from the fact that IW is much clunkier. The new zombie mode is superb too. Really solid campaign as well.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

It's actually not nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be. It was just the subject of the whole anti futuristic stigma going on sounding the trailer release, not to mention it's following blops 3 which is considered the best CoD yet. The movement mechanics are actually pretty much identical between blops and IW aside from the fact that IW is much clunkier. The new zombie mode is superb too. Really solid campaign as well.

Decided to give it a shot as I haven't played a CoD since MW2. The move speed is so slow that strafing is impossible. Lag compensation gets you killed around corners. Feels like everything has been done to compress the low skill-gap even further. It is worse than it's made out to be IMO.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Where in the hell did you get blops 3 being considered as the best cod yet. Thats absolutely not true.

"Best cod yet" in the same way Halo 3 was the best Halo. Ton of support post launch, great DLC, lots of content between the zombie mode, mp with lots of game types, customization, visuals, theatre mode, so on.

Decent enough gameplay with a great package surrounding it.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Decided to give it a shot as I haven't played a CoD since MW2. The move speed is so slow that strafing is impossible. Lag compensation gets you killed around corners. Feels like everything has been done to compress the low skill-gap even further. It is worse than it's made out to be IMO.

Since when has CoD ever had a skill gap.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

"Best cod yet" in the same way Halo 3 was the best Halo. Ton of support post launch, great DLC, lots of content between the zombie mode, mp with lots of game types, customization, visuals, theatre mode, so on.

Decent enough gameplay with a great package surrounding it.

Yea, it certainly has a lot of features, but the gameplay is still a turd. A polished turd is still a turd.

Interesting that it keeps selling and raking in players on name alone.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Where in the hell did you get blops 3 being considered as the best cod yet. Thats absolutely not true.

qft 

"Best cod yet" in the same way Halo 3 was the best Halo.

1322.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3