CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Because it would have a crazy fast minimum kill time if you could keep it perfectly on your target, but a much higher average kill time due to zero aim assist? Have you really never used the LG from Quake..?

I thought you said it'd have the damage of a Suppressor?

No one uses the Suppressor, so we should make a gun that has the damage of a Suppressor but with no aim assist?

I know this will never happen but has the combat pistol with higher Rof and larger clip been tested played a map on big team with it and it was tons of fun

The CE Pistol?

That weapon has absolutely zero place in the HCS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The CE Pistol?

That weapon has absolutely zero place in the HCS.

No it's the newer Pistol it has the Sam reticle as the basic pistol but has a higher rate of fire and larger clip. It's called the combat pistol I believe

No it's the newer Pistol it has the Sam reticle as the basic pistol but has a higher rate of fire and larger clip. It's called the combat pistol I believe

The Gunfighter Magnum?

I thought you said it'd have the damage of a Suppressor?

No one uses the Suppressor, so we should make a gun that has the damage of a Suppressor but with no aim assist?

Yeah sorry, if you look back I edited some other responses - I intended to write _Storm Rifle_. Must've had suppressors on the mind for some reason, lol.

Anyway, yes: very powerful, pinpoint accurate (even at range) but with aiming like an unscoped Sniper in CE. That thing would be dope.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Scaryotic is such an idiot. Just got him on my team in Arena and my teammate had snipe. Scaryotic says something like "Don't pick up snipe if you don't know how to use it." Not to mention the guy he's talking shit to is 4-0-0. Then Scaryotic grabs rockets and kills him twice. I hope he never sees success in Halo.

the guy is a borderline mental patient, he's not gonna do shit in this esport until he adjusts his attitude 

• Upvote (+1) 5

He betrayed me the other day and I just immediately quit out of the game lmfao

lol idk what's wrong with the guy. I actually lagged out after he killed my teammate for the 2nd time. He probably thinks I quit.

the guy is a borderline mental patient, he's not gonna do shit in this esport until he adjusts his attitude

He may actually be mentally ill to an extent, and I say this without trying to insult him.

The consistency with which he gets angry is what surprises me.

He may actually be mentally ill to an extent, and I say this without trying to insult him.

The consistency with which he gets angry is what surprises me.

yeah i understand, i don't want to speculate but it makes you wonder

i really wish he could get it together, he has a tremendous amount of skill but that amounts to nothing if you can't be a functional teammate 

Went to go play a game of arena and started up with Empire SH. Teammate immediately throws grenade into the explosive barrel and kills all four of us. As if I needed a reason to hate that gametype any more.

• Upvote (+1) 4

THE DUUUUKE!!! 2gre would still use that if it were available i think.

He's never been the same without it. Seriously.

I would love a Duke x1 special edition. They make small x1 controllers why not one for big hands?

• Upvote (+1) 1

He's never been the same without it. Seriously.

I would love a Duke x1 special edition. They make small x1 controllers why not one for big hands?

Imagine if for the 15th year anniversary of Halo they released a special retro edition of the Xbox One (taking design inspiration from the original Xbox) with a wireless Duke and a remastered copy of CEA that included multiplayer (akin to Modern Warfare Remastered).

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't have much hope that the GL will function like it did in Reach. Its 343, they've shown they like changing absolutely everything, no matter how small/insignificant just for the sake of changing it.

Imagine if for the 15th year anniversary of Halo they released a special retro edition of the Xbox One (taking design inspiration from the original Xbox) with a wireless Duke and a remastered copy of CE that included multiplayer

Would it work though?

Uh, it does? Did you not see the lower numbers for the ESA event compared to Pro League? I don't care what other games are doing, we are talking Halo here.

If you don't think hosting on the Halo channel doesn't make a difference then I don't know what to tell you.

Talking in terms of production. You're not watching a LAN when it hits 10k viewers the pull party poppers and bring out the better table.

"I've just had word the prizepool has been doubled as we're at 30k concurrents, if we hit 35k we'll turn on double elimination mode"

Regardless of viewer count it is still the same product.

Why should we be trying to promote these smaller organizers when the Halo stream itself is already struggling?

The best way to enable smaller organizers is to give them the tools to host Halo without having to rely on 343. You know... like LAN support.

I guess 343 wanted to try and cultivate a scene instead of having to carry all the weight themselves. True LAN support would be great but I don't really see anyone waiting in the wings to pick up the game without compen$ation *cough* MLG *cough*.

We don't really need a self sustaining scene though so long as 343 keeps forking out money to keep people involved. They really missed the boat with this LAN because they didn't stuff enough money in peoples pockets and/or they didn't force top teams to go (discounting personal issues, obviously).

tumblr_nbvnddhf4M1txly86o1_500.gif

• Downvote (-1) 4

Would it work though?

Given the track record...no

I threw in the Modern Warfare Remastered reference because they got it right which shows it's at least possible to have a remake that actually works and isn't wildly different to the original game.

I guess 343 wanted to try and cultivate a scene instead of having to carry all the weight themselves. True LAN support would be great but I don't really see anyone waiting in the wings to pick up the game without compen$ation *cough* MLG *cough*.

We don't really need a self sustaining scene though so long as 343 keeps forking out money to keep people involved. They really missed the boat with this LAN because they didn't stuff enough money in peoples pockets and/or they didn't force top teams to go (discounting personal issues, obviously).

tumblr_nbvnddhf4M1txly86o1_500.gif

Nah

This is the exact opposite of cultivating a scene. This has been about 343i monopolizing competitive halo. Every TO that's wants to be involved in Halo Esports either needs 343s involvement or they need to pray to the networking gods that XBL or 343s servers don't shit the bed. The fact that 343 has to bribe no-name TOs with Streaming rights (at the expense of HCS' exposure) is a testament to how much of a failure their attempt at control has been.

If H5 had LAN support, or (even better) the ability to use an additional Xbox as a local server (seriously why isn't this a thing), then we could accuse 343 of trying to cultivate a scene. These small TOs could have had any number of local tournaments since launch- which would have had better turnouts, and generated excitement and participation for official LANs... you know, actually allowing the scene to grow, even if ESL and 343 did stupid shit.

Edit: no disrespect to the smaller TOs currently involved. You've all done great jobs.

• Upvote (+1) 6

The problem with streaming halo events from small TO twitch channels is 99.9% of the people that follow these channels don't give a fuck about halo

Everyone that follows the Halo channel cares about Halo

• Upvote (+1) 1

Slightly disappointed abilities are turned on for the anniversary playlist, was hoping for a stronger throwback but gotta say the maps are amazing. Anyone else finding Halo 5 really dark or is it just my screen? The more I've seen people mention it as of late the more I'm noticing it and the anniversary maps seem pretty dark, comparing this to the Beta/H2/3 at least, could just be me.

I have to agree about the spartan abilities.  It felt soooooo wrong getting spartan charged round a corner on damnation and seeing ground pounds from top rockets on battle creek.  Having said that, the maps look great and still play reasonably well despite abilities the maps were not designed around.  Shame about the magnetism on the CE pistol though.