CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm usually not super critical, but having a CE playlist with sprint and spartan abilities on is just about the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

What are you talking about? It's EXACTLY as how I remembered it 15 years ago. The game is perfect.

• Upvote (+1) 5

What shocks me about this is that even reddit and Waypoint warned them against this playlist, and they still did it

Yeah no worries, I'm just curious if what won out here was the interests of the individual event organizers OVER the individual viewer and community.

It doesn't really make a blind bit of difference to the individual which stream it's on, it's still the same product.

In the interest of the community is arguable insofar as yes in the short term you might get a few more viewers but then the point is to promote these smaller organizers and encourage them to run with Halo. CSGO's major to be hosted by Eleague at the start of next year has had 3 different people running the regional minor tournaments: Starladder (CIS), PGL (EU) and Eleague (NA) all with different URLs, followings etc. Same with the actual majors they go to the organizers themselves not Valves official twitch stream.

What shocks me about this is that even reddit and Waypoint warned them against this playlist, and they still did it

Warned? How so

Can't believe that I have been playing halo for 15 years...  What a crazy adventure.  No regrets at all.  I've met some of my life long friends because of this game and have had some of the best nights of my life because of it.  Happy birthday Halo!  Thank you for everything.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

Go to the Beyond Chat, I feel lonely.

We don't talk about the Beyond Chat outside of the Beyond Chat.

H3A isn't happening. And even if it got announced i wouldn't be very excited. H3 was nothing compared to H2, neg me.

Weird thing to ask but ok :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 4

It doesn't really make a blind bit of difference to the individual which stream it's on, it's still the same product.

Uh, it does? Did you not see the lower numbers for the ESA event compared to Pro League? I don't care what other games are doing, we are talking Halo here.

If you don't think hosting on the Halo channel doesn't make a difference then I don't know what to tell you.

• Upvote (+1) 3

In the interest of the community is arguable insofar as yes in the short term you might get a few more viewers but then the point is to promote these smaller organizers and encourage them to run with Halo. CSGO's major to be hosted by Eleague at the start of next year has had 3 different people running the regional minor tournaments: Starladder (CIS), PGL (EU) and Eleague (NA) all with different URLs, followings etc. Same with the actual majors they go to the organizers themselves not Valves official twitch stream.

Why should we be trying to promote these smaller organizers when the Halo stream itself is already struggling?

The best way to enable smaller organizers is to give them the tools to host Halo without having to rely on 343. You know... like LAN support.

mention every forum but Team Beyond.

I thought they only mentioned waypoint/reddit?

Player placement difference from Season 1 to Season 2 (best to worst)

Nice. What sticks out to me the most is every teammate of Rayne, Eco, and Huke improved their standings. I don't see Huke going anywhere but you have to think those three will be F/A targets for a lot of teams.