Evil Geniuses:

qrqGc1f.jpg

Enigma6:

7j3J3mM.jpg

Team Allegiance:

Lk7gNxD.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5

NA Total Fall Season Stats

Now that we have 2 seasons worth of stats and team changes, have you looked into comparing players based on how much better or worse their teams performed with them vs without them? Could be interesting to see an attempt to quantify "intangibles", I know basketball has things like +/- and win shares that have a similar goal and I think that would be valuable information for organizations to have when roster changes start happening.

NA Total Fall Season Stats

Team EnVyUs:

QUcWw8W.jpg

Optic Gaming:

YsLSR5h.jpg

Team Liquid:

PDRkR1l.jpg

Str8 Rippin:

l0CZUSr.jpg

Luminosity:

UMS8kqV.jpg

Evil Geniuses:

qrqGc1f.jpg

Enigma6:

7j3J3mM.jpg

Team Allegiance:

Lk7gNxD.jpg

Could you do these for the second half of the season only, after roster lock?

Asked Phil Spencer about Halo Wars 2 as an esport on the stream and he answered! He said RTS are the current big esports and Halo Wars 2 is one. Dan Ayoub jumped in and talked about Blitz and compared it to poker. 

Take that as you will. 

twitch.tv/xbox 
Phil Spencer is hanging with a couple 343 guys and answering questions from chat. Spam H3A   :simms:

Asked Phil Spencer about Halo Wars 2 as an esport on the stream and he answered! He said RTS are the current big esports and Halo Wars 2 is one. Dan Ayoub jumped in and talked about Blitz and compared it to poker. 
Take that as you will.

He skipped my question about when they're announcing H3A twice.  :bman:

• Upvote (+1) 3

twitch.tv/xbox 

Phil Spencer is hanging with a couple 343 guys and answering questions from chat. Spam H3A   :simms:

He skipped my question about when they're announcing H3A twice.  :bman:

I asked him on Beam.pro/xbox buddy. 

https://beam.pro/Xbox

• Downvote (-1) 1

This event would not break 20k even if it was on the Halo channel. Even the next worlds will be lucky to break 25-30k.

Which Halo 5 event that has been run well as led you to believe viewership would be bad? Our worst viewed events have been the open event ran by the organizers. Who have no followers. The last real event was Summer Finals and Qualifiers. Which I believe had 20k viewers. And even those were questionable because we only had 4 teams.

Maybe I'm underestimating the power of the Halo channel, but I'd be surprised if it brought THAT many extra viewers in. That being said, it definitely doesn't make any god damn sense that its not streamed there.

PGLPro Twitch has 17,500 followers. Halo has 181,000. 

Yes it would improve viewership to have it on the official channel.

DOES 343 EVEN WANT THIS GAME TO SUCCEED!?!?!?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The balance should be such that the core settings -- starting weapons, base movement traits, etc. are valid in every gametype. Every power weapon should be designed to be useful (yet unoppressive) in every gametype.

HCE is the only Halo that managed this to any degree at all...though it likely would've seen more issues if 8v8s had been prominent on it in its heyday. H2 strayed away from it with awful starting weapons (leading competitive play and BTB to desire a better starting weapon) and things got progressively worse when they started adding things like Spartan Lasers (bad in 4v4s) and other weapons in successive Halo titles.

The "Universal Settings" thing ultimately becomes a situation of... it's good in theory, but we've never had the necessary factors for it to be a relevant conversation to have.

(This does not apply to the additions of Infection / Grifball, which diverged from 'fun customs' / Action Sacky things, rather than from 'Playing Halo.' I'm mostly talking about 1v1 / 2v2 / 4v4 / 8v8 compared against one another.)

player traits should probably be consistant across any basic modes. But there's no reason that Weapon layouts and HUD elements need to be identical between core and competitive playlists.

If there's a sizeable market who wants it one way, and a sizeable market who wants it the other. There's no reason not to placate both.

Which Halo 5 event that has been run well as led you to believe viewership would be bad? Our worst viewed events have been the open event ran by the organizers. Who have no followers. The last real event was Summer Finals and Qualifiers. Which I believe had 20k viewers. And even those were questionable because we only had 4 teams.

PGLPro Twitch has 17,500 followers. Halo has 181,000. 

Yes it would improve viewership to have it on the official channel.

DOES 343 EVEN WANT THIS GAME TO SUCCEED!?!?!?

My only qualm with this discussion is that maybe this is just how the individual hosting organizations negotiated the deal. 

What if PGL wanted it to be streamed from their channel to boost their engagement?

Is hosting from the Halo channel enough? (They've done this for each event beforehand).

• Upvote (+1) 1

My only qualm with this discussion is that maybe this is just how the individual hosting organizations negotiated the deal. 

What if PGL wanted it to be streamed from their channel to boost their engagement?

Is hosting from the Halo channel enough? (They've done this for each event beforehand).

The Halo community doesn't care about these individual twitch channel growing, if anything it just confuses the casual viewer and annoy the hardcore. When it was at eSports Arena last month, the stream average way below Pro League.

I believe a HCS staff member touched on it in the past, but that move was just another bad oversight on the part of the HCS / 343 / MS (whoever the hell didn't see it) when they decided to do LAN events.

Hosting on Twitch absolutely does nothing to grow a stream or channel with Halo.

(this isn't directed at you btw, just the whole situation was completely avoidable)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hosting is not enough. And that's why I think the organizer should have a second stream or something for side stations. That way they're still streaming but the important matches are all on the official Halo channel.

I know Frankie is a pathological liar, but he made it sound pretty convincing that H3A is not currently in the plans. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

I'm certainly not but he said the exact same thing about H2A in almost the exact same context. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I personally believe the already small amount of consistent viewers have started to lose interest in this game due to the issues with trying to play including ghost melees, constant crouching, terrible servers, etc. Along with that the game is now over a year old and the way the HCS has been ran has just made things less interesting most of the time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dan Ayoub jumped in and talked about Blitz and compared it to poker. 

Take that as you will. 

Reconfirms he's an idiot. 

The Halo community doesn't care about these individual twitch channel growing, if anything it just confuses the casual viewer and annoy the hardcore. When it was at eSports Arena last month, the stream average way below Pro League.

I believe a HCS staff member touched on it in the past, but that move was just another bad oversight on the part of the HCS / 343 / MS (whoever the hell didn't see it) when they decided to do LAN events.

Hosting on Twitch absolutely does nothing to grow a stream or channel with Halo.

(this isn't directed at you btw, just the whole situation was completely avoidable)

Yeah no worries, I'm just curious if what won out here was the interests of the individual event organizers OVER the individual viewer and community.

I'm usually not super critical, but having a CE playlist with sprint and spartan abilities on is just about the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1