CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Happy anniversary to halo!! Still remember being 8 years old playing CE at a friends house... hooking up the system link and the last one to the console got the massive controller.

I miss LAN. I remember walking my CRT TV and Xbox box 4 blocks to a friends just to have a Halo LAN party. Stopped by the police one time because I looked like I was stealing. Good times.

THE DUUUUKE!!! 2gre would still use that if it were available i think.

The one thing I've been hoping and praying for ever since the 360 launched as them to release an S controller for new systems. It's all I want.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Happy anniversary to halo!! Still remember being 8 years old playing CE at a friends house... hooking up the system link and the last one to the console got the massive controller.

I feel like I was one of few people who genuinely loved the Duke. Mine was prematurely retired after a friend offered to paint it for me and I stupidly said yes.

I think he just emptied a can of cheap spray paint onto it and figured it would work. Long story short it would stick to anything it touched and you'd have to use paint stripper to clean your hands after using it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel like I was one of few people who genuinely loved the Duke. Mine was prematurely retired after a friend offered to paint it for me and I stupidly said yes.

I think he just emptied a can of cheap spray paint onto it and figured it would work. Long story short it would stick to anything it touched and you'd have to use paint stripper to clean your hands after using it.

This reminds me of when I coloured in my Xbox 360 controller with a whiteboard marker and then my hands started to sweat.

:flip:

• Upvote (+1) 2

and I’m super excited to read all of your totally positive and inspiring Twitch live-chat comments!"

Hmm, so Ske7ch is super excited to read all the positive and inspiring Twitch live chat comments? Yeah, that is probably the most optimistic thought in the history of mankind. Or is he ironic in a subtle and a very professional way? 

He was very clearly being sarcastic

• Upvote (+1) 5

Of course I would love for the 15 year anniversary to have something to do with Halo CE specifically, but I know that's extremely unlikely. I hope they have something in general though up their sleeve.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The one thing I've been hoping and praying for ever since the 360 launched as them to release an S controller for new systems. It's all I want.

I have big hands and the controllers keep getting smaller.  the S felt PERFECT.  Just put a bumper on that thing and take all my money.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I have big hands and the controllers keep getting smaller.  the S felt PERFECT.  Just put a bumper on that thing and take all my money.

Seriously, doesn't need any bells, whisltes, or customization. I would gladly pay 250 for it.

Of course I would love for the 15 year anniversary to have something to do with Halo CE specifically, but I know that's extremely unlikely. I hope they have something in general though up their sleeve.

Unlikely? They've all but confirmed the Halo One Pistol starts playlist with forge remakes and all gimmicks on!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Unlikely? They've all but confirmed the Halo One Pistol starts playlist with forge remakes and all gimmicks on!

I'd be down for that with all gimmicks off. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can't believe I've been playing Halo for 15 years. Well over half my life I've been playing this game that I sometimes hate but can never stay mad at, I <3 Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 6

This reminds me of when I coloured in my Xbox 360 controller with a whiteboard marker and then my hands started to sweat.

:flip:

This is the dumbest thing I've heard all day. Brought a smile to my face hahahahahha

• Upvote (+1) 2

To commemorate 15 years, we should all tell our stories of how we first got into halo...   :kappa: 

everyone has told their story so many times I could probably recite them to you

• Upvote (+1) 2

Someone PM me or quote this when they announce H3A today.

Here's hoping for a few things:

• H3A teaser announcement today (probably during the last few seconds of the stream).
  • Some H3A easter egg in HW2 (The campaign is on the ark for gods sake).
  • H3A Multiplayer beta announced at HWC 2017, along with a slightly longer trailer.
  • Cinematic Trailer at E3 along with announcements of being play anywhere, and of the perks H3A will have on Scorpio, seeing as it would be a dynamite launch title.
  • Details of EVERY H3 game mode and map being included and an enhanced forge throughout summer gaming events.
  • Launch in Fall of 2017 alongside scorpio and with the announcement of a pro league for 1 season until the release of H6 the next year.

I don't know. Maybe not all of this is super likely, but if i were Microsoft/343 and wanted to push one of the most popular titles in Xbox history alongside the most powerful console in history following a poor release of another anniversary title, this is how I would do it: Start early, consistently build hype until release.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

the anniversary playlist was released then taken down within an hour because it was broken. I usually give 343 the benefit of the doubt but how do you mess this one up. Feelsbadman

• Upvote (+1) 1

Im guessing It will most likely be an anniversary playlist(s) or something. 

Example:

Remade Halo 1-3 forge maps they'll release, with:

Halo 1,and CE Pistol starts and H1 forge weapons.

Halo 2 playlist will have the H2 BR and other added H2 forge guns

Halo 3 playlist will have the H3 BR and other added H3 forge guns

etc etc.

I want to say they will tweak the gameplay settings and damage modifiers to match old games (No sprint, no abilities, fall damage in H1, etc)

edit. Wait i just read the waypoint link.. ignore my post

Here's hoping for a few things:

• H3A teaser announcement today (probably during the last few seconds of the stream).
  • Some H3A easter egg in HW2 (The campaign is on the ark for gods sake).
  • H3A Multiplayer beta announced at HWC 2017, along with a slightly longer trailer.
  • Cinematic Trailer at E3 along with announcements of being play anywhere, and of the perks H3A will have on Scorpio, seeing as it would be a dynamite launch title.
  • Details of EVERY H3 game mode and map being included and an enhanced forge throughout summer gaming events.
  • Launch in Fall of 2017 alongside scorpio and with the announcement of a pro league for 1 season until the release of H6 the next year.
I don't know. Maybe not all of this is super likely, but if i were Microsoft/343 and wanted to push one of the most popular titles in Xbox history alongside the most powerful console in history following a poor release of another anniversary title, this is how I would do it: Start early, consistently build hype until release.
I know Frankie is a pathological liar, but he made it sound pretty convincing that H3A is not currently in the plans. I wouldn't get my hopes up.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I know Frankie is a pathological liar, but he made it sound pretty convincing that H3A is not currently in the plans. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Where did he post that? 

Yeah I had one this morning and there is a clip of Ninja getting fucked by one last night. I have hardly been playing Halo 5 recently, mostly MWR but in the past few days i have had a couple ghost melees, double-nades, multiple quitters/lag-outs (hard to tell the difference) and kills that registered after i had already switched weapons or started to reload.

These 3 really get me ticked off. The first 2 are obvious.

The universal settings argument has never made any sense. Its a farce to begin with both settings wise and weapon balance...

Snipers has no radar and no weapon pickups. weapon balance irrelevant because you only have one weapon...

SWAT has no shields, radar or pickups - Balance also irrelevant since you spawn with the only weapons that you use

Action sack - totally wild gametypes, req variants, balance irrelevant because of the outlandish nature of the gametype

Big Team is BR start on Forge maps. Longer range encounters so any changes to Automatic balance wouldn't be noticed.

Infection - duh

Grifball - duh

non of those have "vanilla" settings and it doesn't deter people from playing them. Any of the argued balance changes would have negligible to no effect. The differences in settings are the WHOLE REASON for playing them.

The only playlists with vanilla settings and balance are Slayer, FFA, and Arena. FFA and Arena are especially damaged by this.

Universal settings are a farce. Stop fighting it 343.

Exactly

Universal Settings make sense when the entirety of a games audience are attracted to a common set of principles.

Halo is not that kind of game. It should be apparent that this franchise became a massive force largely because Bungie recognized that many groups of people liked it for different reasons- and they carved out a place for each type of player.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Exactly

Universal Settings make sense when the entirety of a games audience are attracted to a common set of principles.

Halo is not that kind of game. It should be apparent that this franchise became a massive force largely because Bungie recognized that many groups of people liked it for different reasons- and they carved out a place for each type of player.

The balance should be such that the core settings -- starting weapons, base movement traits, etc. are valid in every gametype.  Every power weapon should be designed to be useful (yet unoppressive) in every gametype.

HCE is the only Halo that managed this to any degree at all...though it likely would've seen more issues if 8v8s had been prominent on it in its heyday.  H2 strayed away from it with awful starting weapons (leading competitive play and BTB to desire a better starting weapon) and things got progressively worse when they started adding things like Spartan Lasers (bad in 4v4s) and other weapons in successive Halo titles.

The "Universal Settings" thing ultimately becomes a situation of... it's good in theory, but we've never had the necessary factors for it to be a relevant conversation to have.

(This does not apply to the additions of Infection / Grifball, which diverged from 'fun customs' / Action Sacky things, rather than from 'Playing Halo.'  I'm mostly talking about 1v1 / 2v2 / 4v4 / 8v8 compared against one another.)

• Upvote (+1) 1