CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I've almost totally stopped playing. Barely having time between work and 3 labs this semester, the servers being total and utter dogshit, cod4rm and no real incentive in the ranking system stamps out most motivation.

Hopefully that changes for me during break or next semester. This game is fun, and I'll fight anyone who disagrees. But its practically unplayable rn if you can only play a few games a week on shit internet matching to4 high onyx/champ.

Until then you can find me sneaking in headquarters games on shipment.

• Upvote (+1) 5

As it stands, Halo 5 is currently the 18th most played game on the XBL marketplace. 

My optimism is fading.

So many things went wrong from launch. 

No real BTB maps, no launch social playlists, no forge at launch, tremendous server issues, and laziness when it came to customization doomed Halo 5 from the get go. The fact that Madden 16 is at 19th most played should send a message. Fallout 4 has more players. CoD BO3, IW, MWR all each have more players. Rocket league has more players. GoW4 has more players.

I don't even want to know how few people play H5 PC anymore.

Oh well. At least I enjoyed the glory years. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

The point about population stands. The fact you've came in with a passive aggressive troll answer rather than an attempt to tell us anything about the numbers is about as 343 as it gets. I'm glad you guys at least read the posts here though, so you are aware that even die hard fans like me are basically gone.

I think its hilarious you kids talking shit about 343 and Tashi. You wouldn't say this shit to him at lan, he's jacked. Not only that, but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restauraunts and hangs out with the hottest dudes. Ya'll are pathetic lol 

Edit: Geez, this is one controversial copypasta.

• Upvote (+1) 12
  • Downvote (-1) 11

As it stands, Halo 5 is currently the 18th most played game on the XBL marketplace.

My optimism is fading.

No real BTB maps, no launch social playlists, no forge at launch, tremendous server issues, and laziness when it came to customization doomed Halo 5 from the get go. The fact that Madden 16 is at 19th most played should send a message. Fallout 4 has more players. CoD BO3, IW, MWR all each have more players. Rocket league has more players. GoW4 has more players.

The star has faded man. The days of a 1st party exclusive dominating the most played charts for years are long gone.

H5 missteps aren't helping matters, but I think people's apocalyptic impression of this games population are unfounded. We've seen much worse. Most of the games you mentioned are most played on other platforms as well. And Gears came out recently.

My optimism is fading.

I cannot believe that we still don't have a social slayer playlist
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I cannot believe that we still don't have a social slayer playlist

Its because 343 believes team areana should be the mecca for all 4v4 no matter your play style

And Tashi was the one who decided to add something to the conversation by adding absolutely nothing to the conversation, so that's why it's him i addressed.

Post no numbers and they're told the game is dead.

Post numbers and they're told that the numbers are false.

I don't know why anyone is expecting Tashi of all people to drip out population numbers for you. 

^^

Adds a post that obviously means, "you have no idea what you are talking about".

Keeps talking about it.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

^^

Adds a post that obviously means, "you have no idea what you are talking about".

Keeps talking about it.

Yawn, projecting a bit with that sarcasm.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ultimately it isn't even about the numbers. The population clearly isn't great no matter what numbers get spun out, but it's about the only responses coming from 343 ever being passive aggressive and completely counter productive or void of information when it's most needed. Then it gets spun round to look like the community is the worst when really we're all just pissed off with being treated like idiots when it comes to a game most of used to love.

And Tashi was the one who decided to add something to the conversation by adding absolutely nothing to the conversation, so that's why it's him i addressed.

Sure. But no need to get on Tashi's case because he won't tell you exactly what you want to hear.

Save it for the next video from Quinn saying autos are OP

• Upvote (+1) 4

Pnda 9-3ed MW. Can't wait to see PNDA again on LAN. Would be hype if they relegated Allegiance or E6

its going to happen. im real surprised cloud, goofy and ryan receive so much hate, they are still incredible players. not too terribly long ago warriors were at the top in that other crappy 343 game and cloud was dominating in h2a with clg as well as had a lot of success on that one team with commonly, spartan and victory in the beginning of h5. however, gabriel has ALWAYS been a question mark in most peoples eyes but the players at the top know he's a threat and can really go off at any time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I heard there was negativity lately 

giphy.gif

We all know what do here. Take the +1 without hesitation.

Sure. But no need to get on Tashi's case because he won't tell you exactly what you want to hear.

Save it for the next video from Quinn saying autos are OP

It's not about me hearing what I want, nor did I say it was. It's the fact that the only people in a position of power in Halo now seem to prefer to answer only in troll comments and in an obnoxious passive aggressive manner. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'm seriously hoping Halo 3 anniversary is a thing. 

Halo 5 is a year old and is on it's last feet. waiting ANOTHER year until Halo 6 will really damage the HCS community in particular.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm seriously hoping Halo 3 anniversary is a thing. 

Halo 5 is a year old and is on it's last feet. waiting ANOTHER year until Halo 6 will really damage the HCS community in particular.

My dream scenario is that they have H3A in Fall 2017 and use it for 2 years competitively to give themselves an extra year developing H6 to ensure everything it needs is there and is working right at launch.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You're not wrong. I just hate the fact that competitive Halo, historically, gradually got larger as the game's lifespan progresses as opposed to current day Halo that just gets smaller and smaller over time to the point where we need an entirely new game after just one year.

The thing about 343/HCS is not that there's just one giant mistake to be rectified, but just a ton of small gameplay and structure related issues that just compound into something that's intolerable.

Halo 5 is the embodiment of the phrase "Death by a thousand cuts."

Can someone sticky this post to the Frontpage of team Beyond? Very accurate.

• Upvote (+1) 1