CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Well, I expected a a entertaining forum thread today. Instead I was met by the internet equivalent of a flaming turd. 

To those being normal and reasonable, good for you, I admire your patience. 

But I'm calling it a night. This forum is really not worth reading when everyone is just flaming at each other.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I miss the old TB forums filled with dank ass memes.

Now I come in here and get AIDS from reading some shit posted Feels343Man

• Upvote (+1) 4

Halo 3 and Reach

Halo 1/2 had issues but the games where good

Halo 3 was slow and clunky, the BR spread was to big, and Reach, was well reach

I have my problems with Halo 3 but competitive using MLG settings on LAN it was a very good game. I personally don't like how it played but no one can say it wasn't a good game and even online it was much better than Halo 5 is now.

Halo Reach is similar to Halo 5 in the fact it had a lot of potential but dumb shit like bloom and sprint held it back. Once they got rid of it I think the game became really good. Some of my best online gaming experiences were playing Reach. I can't say the same for H5.

Halo 4 was just a mess with nothing that could be salvaged from it I hope you are a fan of the story and not it's competitive viability. 

I have my problems with Halo 3 but competitive using MLG settings on LAN it was a very good game. I personally don't like how it played but no one can say it wasn't a good game and even online it was much better than Halo 5 is now.

Halo Reach is similar to Halo 5 in the fact it had a lot of potential but dumb shit like bloom and sprint held it back. Once they got rid of it I think the game became really good. Some of my best online gaming experiences were playing Reach. I can't say the same for H5.

Halo 4 was just a mess with nothing that could be salvaged from it I hope you are a fan of the story and not it's competitive viability.

I'm not a compitive gamer, I'm a social that's why 2>4>>>>>>3R5

They're more fun games, I don't need play competitive to have

As for NsNb Reach, within a day of it being implemented. That doesn't change the fact 99% of the game was an unplayable. That Bloom was core for every playlist. That shit maps where everywhere

• Downvote (-1) 4

As for NsNb Reach, within a day of it being implemented. That doesn't change the fact 99% of the game was an unplayable. That Bloom was core for every playlist. That shit maps where everywhere

I'm not a competive player either, but I appreciate good, skill based gameplay design. That's what made the old Halo's shine on both a social and competitive level. Halo 4 was absolute TRASH in that category. Worst game in the series by far. No redeeming qualities. H5 has a good game hiding within, trapped behind 343 unearned ego.

i hope lack of funding from Microsoft isn't the reason halo 5 is where it is right now. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

hard to believe, but this thread has finally reached the ridiculousness / negativity of the H5 thread, good work guys

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I wouldn't argue or insult Snakebite considering he's probably the face of Comp Halo...

The one thing I have not understood with 343's logic over the years, is why they haven't implemented Party Restrictions from the launch of their games.

They say it's due to low population, but pop is always booming at launch and if anything no Party Restrictions makes people not want to play.

I am sure there HAS to be some behind the scenes that we are not seeing for this to not have happened yet, which sucks because Party Restrictions is pretty key in my opinion for a lot of people's enjoyment in Matchmaking.

The tragic thing is, I really believe that it is solely due to population issues. When population wasn't an issue, we didn't have this or many other problems. People here expect everything to be back to how it was in MLG 2010 (with more prize money) and some even think that if we got all of that we would then have a population that matched back then. No, if we had the population from back then we would have all the other things naturally, but we can't have that because Halo 5 is a let's make all these game breaking gimmicks "work" in a Halo game. I think the only hope for Halo is to make the CS GO of Halo. People think "that's a PC game they have an advantage." I played CS before I played Halo, CS Source was basically boycotted by a huge population of players. The franchise didn't actually make a come back until a few years into the life span of CS GO. 

Anyway I went on a rant, my point is that people need to focus on population so that we can get everything else, not the other way around and the only way to get population back is through getting a good Halo game.

So, basically, the defense of the lack of this hugely important match-making feature is that 343 is incompetent? Or am I missing something? They can't do anything without breaking random shit? In that case, maybe the problem is that 343 Industries doesn't understand the "coding of Halo."

Yeah I mean as if expecting them being able to adjust the game without it literally crashing and burning is something we can't do from a regular below average team of developers never mind the developers for a billion dollar franchise kay kay kay 

How #Entitled of us

i hope lack of funding from Microsoft isn't the reason halo 5 is where it is right now. 

Reason anything is where it is now is because of bad Halo games and we all know it

• Upvote (+1) 3

hard to believe, but this thread has finally reached the ridiculousness / negativity of the H5 thread, good work guys

That'll happen when the developers repeatedly ignore you for years and when we finally get something it's just another disappointment.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i just threw up in my mouth.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well, I expected a a entertaining forum thread today. Instead I was met by the internet equivalent of a flaming turd. 

To those being normal and reasonable, good for you, I admire your patience. 

But I'm calling it a night. This forum is really not worth reading when everyone is just flaming at each other.

You heard 'em, HCS thread. Back to dank memes, scrim stats, and trying to pretend 343 hasn't be ignoring major issues for over a year now. Ghost melee? What's that? I can't wait to play that great new Anniversary playlist!

• Upvote (+1) 7

Man LG literally haven't attended any LAN events. No idea how I feel about that

Say what you want about E6 but at least they are attending basically every event.

Thats only because they have the most powerful org in the world behind them.

Vetoed, you can't say without understanding the coding of Halo that it's easy to implement it so that you don't match to4s. And even if you can, they fuck with the code at all and something random, like servers, break even more.

Vetoed makes great points, you're always drinking the 343 kool-aid so not surprised in the slightest you're disagreeing with perfectly good reasoning.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just got here and I missed 31209731209132 pages, I need someone to fill me in........

That's what she said... but not to me

Halo 5 online still sucks harder than a collapsed star.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We have a new community manager that looks to be working hard to make halo great again. Im choosing to pay attention to that right now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

On the note of @Smee mee

TOPIC CHANGE 

lol seriously though, I hope qualification for worlds is done through open LANs, which forces people to attend. (while maintaining big prize pool for INCENTIVE). And also retaining the pro league for those miserable months between the LANs.

I would love a national championship sort of thing during the summer, it would be so cool.

• Upvote (+1) 2

While negativity sucks and I wish things were more positive and communicated, some of you have to understand the frustration of some on here. Let's hope we have a kickass LAN tourney next weekend with great matches.

• Upvote (+1) 9