CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This game is garbage. I'm so tired of it. I keep playing because it's called Halo but it plays like shit, the servers suck, radar lol, sprint, Spartan charge, ridiculous sword lunges, teams of 4, railed through walls, shotgun in competitive, horrible maps, splinter nades, ground pound, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Vetoed, you can't say without understanding the coding of Halo that it's easy to implement it so that you don't match to4s. And even if you can, they fuck with the code at all and something random, like servers, break even more.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 13

Pretty much the only way I find this game fun anymore is playing on a smurf with everyone muted while listening to music. I play but don't go for objective unless it's flag returns. Let my teammates attempt to pull flags and cap strongholds while I drop 40 bombs.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Vetoed, you can't say without understanding the coding of Halo that it's easy to implement it so that you don't match to4s. And even if you can, they fuck with the code at all and something random, like servers, break even more.

You're right, I have no clue if changing might break something else or not, but I know this much: Other Halo games have been able to do it in the past no problem, tons of other games on the market also do it, and Halo 5 does it in the background already, it's just not set as a hard condition to meet to start matches. It tries, but it's definitely not guaranteed.

It would be a damn shame if something like that ended up breaking the game though.

• Upvote (+1) 8

This game is garbage. I'm so tired of it. I keep playing because it's called Halo but it plays like shit, the servers suck, radar lol, sprint, Spartan charge, ridiculous sword lunges, teams of 4, railed through walls, shotgun in competitive, horrible maps, splinter nades, ground pound, etc.

Honestly I just play MCC these days. It runs well enough now for me (UK) and I can get decent enough games in the main multiplayer playlists. Much more fun than the garbage 343 have put out since they took over. Just wish it would get an update soon to consolidate the playlists.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wouldn't argue or insult Snakebite considering he's probably the face of Comp Halo...

The one thing I have not understood with 343's logic over the years, is why they haven't implemented Party Restrictions from the launch of their games.

They say it's due to low population, but pop is always booming at launch and if anything no Party Restrictions makes people not want to play.

I am sure there HAS to be some behind the scenes that we are not seeing for this to not have happened yet, which sucks because Party Restrictions is pretty key in my opinion for a lot of people's enjoyment in Matchmaking.

Usually their excuse is that it will slow down matchmaking and constantly say that the game does prioritise party matching for a short time before switching to anyone matching anyone.

No one that went complained

Which happened because the venue had great internet and didn't have many problems with it.

Now look at Gamers For Giving. The whole event had to be cancelled after people had already gotten there and paid for their shit just because of a dumb problem with how xbox/halo 5 worked. 

Situations like that are what make people hesitant to go to an event without LAN

Have you played the game recently? The servers are pretty decent right now, I don't get randomly booted the games are playable. Sure the first couple of weeks were rough but I literally haven't been able to play a game of infinite warfare and had like five Remastered. Even at H5s worst I was able to play the game. Oh BTW I live in the literally the middle of Saskatchewan Canada.

The Spartan charge is stupid, mostly the knock back. But atleast really it's only sprint beat down noobs. Deal with it, because atleast you didn't have a kid rocket lunging.

Halo 2 had small maps and a huge lunge.

Teams of 4, now add AFK boosters and you'll have H3

Shot guns have been in every Halo competitive setting minus Reach.

Rail guns through walls. It's an online shooter, it's never gonna be LAN ever. What other games do you play, that bullets are LAN like

Horrible maps, like sword base? Like Zealot?

Ground Pound? Really? How many times do you die realistically? Noobs do but it's loud and slow.

Really the only thing that can agree with is Splinter Grenade. That shit is stupid, it last to long, and it was done much better in H4

• Downvote (-1) 14

All I know is that we did this over a decade ago, it was great, and we've somehow regressed to not even knowing if its possible. There's probably not a chance its impossible seeing as how they can limit the number of party members you can have to search with you and thus even if they had to go with the ugliest possible solution of having a 2 party size max playlist and a 4 party size required playlist alongside each other it can happen. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

To be honest I don't really care to promote or try and "support" Halo anymore, aside from buying team skins. There are so many factors that make people not play, not attend opens, or watch the game. A lot of those reasons I personally disagree with, and some of them I do agree with. I'm at the point now where I just watch the game when I can and I'm caring less and less about the "state of Halo." I'm just along for the ride really, and whether or not we end up in a shit hole as bad as Halo 4 is TBD, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like watching Pro League or LAN events, and I'm grateful for the people that make that possible.

As far as how I feel about the game itself, I'll tell you this: over the past couple of weeks I dropped Halo all together and played all 4 Uncharted games (some of the greatest games I've ever played in my life btw.) I've started Red Dead Redemption and after that I'm going to TRY and get through Metal Gear Solid V (I'm TRASH at stealth games, and there's SO much involved in the game LOL.) Then probably GTA5.

I realised that I have so much more fun playing those games that I did playing H5 doubles. The fact that my fuck around casual silver smurf matches teams of onyx/champs is just pathetic. A lack of party restrictions is why I didn't play MCC over Reach, and it's now why I've moved onto other games.

In fact if you have any other ps4/Xbone recommendations PM me =].

• Upvote (+1) 2

Have you played the game recently? The servers are pretty decent right now, I don't get randomly booted the games are playable. Sure the first couple of weeks were rough but I literally haven't been able to play a game of infinite warfare and had like five Remastered. Even at H5s worst I was able to play the game. Oh BTW I live in the literally the middle of Saskatchewan Canada.

The Spartan charge is stupid, mostly the knock back. But atleast really it's only sprint beat down noobs. Deal with it, because atleast you didn't have a kid rocket lunging.

Halo 2 had small maps and a huge lunge.

Teams of 4, now add AFK boosters and you'll have H3

Shot guns have been in every Halo competitive setting minus Reach.

Rail guns through walls. It's an online shooter, it's never gonna be LAN ever. What other games do you play, that bullets are LAN like

Horrible maps, like sword base? Like Zealot?

Ground Pound? Really? How many times do you die realistically? Noobs do but it's loud and slow.

Really the only thing that can agree with is Splinter Grenade. That shit is stupid, it last to long, and it was done much better in H4

I played probably 15 games today and in at least 5 of them my teammates either quit or lagged out. Then 50% of the other games were against To4.

I get spartan charged all the time playing at the highest level in the game. It's stupid and there's no counter other than getting lucky.

The sword lung isn't bad on its own, but when you have sprint, thrust, and smart scope it's ridiculous. It even increases your sprint speed.

I don't even know what you're talking about with the boosters thing.

The shotgun is OP with thrust and radar.

Sword base wasn't in competitive....

Pros die from ground pounds almost every game, they must be noob huh?

The game is bad and people have been playing for a year because it's a Halo title. Now everyone is getting fed up with the bullshit. 343 is so out of touch with Halo players its insane.

Sorry about any typos, on mobile.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I played probably 15 games today and in at least 5 of them my teammates either quit or lagged out. Then 50% of the other games were against To4.

I get spartan charged all the time playing at the highest level in the game. It's stupid and there's no counter other than getting lucky.

The sword lung isn't bad on its own, but when you have sprint, thrust, and smart scope it's ridiculous. It even increases your sprint speed.

I don't even know what you're talking about with the boosters thing.

The shotgun is OP with thrust and radar.

Sword base wasn't in competitive....

Pros die from ground pounds almost every game, they must be noob huh?

The game is bad and people have been playing for a year because it's a Halo title. Now everyone is getting fed up with the bullshit. 343 is so out of touch with Halo players its insane.

Sorry about any typos, on mobile.

OK ENOUGH Halo 2 had an unobtainable rank 50, boosters, hackers and cheaters, quitting wasn't punished at all. Literally you won game dominantly. Or you had people quitting (since you lost less ranking points for quitting then losing legit) or boosting. Halo 3 had all of those issues. And in some cases worse! Halo 3 between 20 and 45, was a complete dead zone of booster and hacker and cheater. FORCING YOU to play with a full party! And that wasn't fun because pub stomping guys walking slowly forward or standing still isn't fun!

As for H5s to4 "Problem" have you thought maybe you're the one out of the loop, maybe your teammates where a To3 forcing a one person pickup. That shit happened a TON in H2 and H3 even Reach. So take your rose tinted glasses off and look at the shithole every Halo game was matchmaking.

Spartan charges happen, but at this point most of the time I treat like an AR rush back off get as much damage in and then kill him as his charge is animated. It's a noob tactic, but atleast the kid is playing the game. Not camping a power weapon spawn because he doesn't know how time weapons.(thank you H2/3/R) it's not over powered or broken just annoying.

As for getting lucky, yes but everyone get lucky. Lucky rockets, lucky sticks, lucky beat downs, lucky positioning (their enemy changing their POV as he/she comes around a corner) what do you want I completely flat map where players can't move forward just strafing, BRs only. To distill the game down to pure gun vs gun skill

Once agin with the smaller maps ridiculous sword range, all of those issues existed in H2, sure H3 nerfed the sword to point of near defenceless. But that doesn't mean I forget Halo 2

Yes let's talk about reaches 2 none forge maps. Zealot literally a 3rd of map was cut off to make playable. And the countdown had jumps and shit put into through forge to make it playable.

The shot gun is OP in every game then, because it's range I still pitiful. Now people move with it though because of Radar, instead of sitting in a small room crouching. Hell Final Boss's infamous green room set up (lockout Ball). Was predicated on the ball guy sitting in green with the shot waiting for people to drop down. It's taking advantage of the mechanics we have.

As ground pound, same thing as the Spartan charge, and Sprint. It's situational, how many times does a guy take over the game with ground pounds. Maybe on Empire Strongholds where dropping into middle hill is viable. But on any other map it's completely situation (dropping flag truth)

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 12

i think i need a break from this place and halo. I truly think coming here and reading whats posted every day for the last year or so has impacted me negatively in terms of overall view of halo and the competitive community. Ill just watch the lan events and play some cod4rm for awhile. 

See yall next year <3

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

OK ENOUGH Halo 2 had an unobtainable rank 50, boosters, hackers and cheaters, quitting wasn't punished at all. Literally you won game dominantly. Or you had people quitting (since you lost less ranking points for quitting then losing legit) or boosting. Halo 3 had all of those issues. And in some cases worse! Halo 3 between 20 and 45, was a complete dead zone of booster and hacker and cheater. FORCING YOU to play with a full party! And that wasn't fun because pub stomping guys walking slowly forward or standing still isn't fun!

As for H5s to4 "Problem" have you thought maybe you're the one out of the loop, maybe your teammates where a To3 forcing a one person pickup. That shit happened a TON in H2 and H3 even Reach. So take your rose tinted glasses off and look at the shithole every Halo game was matchmaking.

Spartan charges happen, but at this point most of the time I treat like an AR rush back off get as much damage in and then kill him as his charge is animated. It's a noob tactic, but atleast the kid is playing the game. Not camping a power weapon spawn because he doesn't know how time weapons.(thank you H2/3/R) it's not over powered or broken just annoying.

As for getting lucky, yes but everyone get lucky. Lucky rockets, lucky sticks, lucky beat downs, lucky positioning (their enemy changing their POV as he/she comes around a corner) what do you want I completely flat map where players can't move forward just strafing, BRs only. To distill the game down to pure gun vs gun skill

Once agin with the smaller maps ridiculous sword range, all of those issues existed in H2, sure H3 nerfed the sword to point of near defenceless. But that doesn't mean I forget Halo 2

Yes let's talk about reaches 2 none forge maps. Zealot literally a 3rd of map was cut off to make playable. And the countdown had jumps and shit put into through forge to make it playable.

The shot gun is OP in every game then, because it's range I still pitiful. Now people move with it though because of Radar, instead of sitting in a small room crouching. Hell Final Boss's infamous green room set up (lockout Ball). Was predicated on the ball guy sitting in green with the shot waiting for people to drop down. It's taking advantage of the mechanics we have.

As ground pound, same thing as the Spartan charge, and Sprint. It's situational, how many times does a guy take over the game with ground pounds. Maybe on Empire Strongholds where dropping into middle hill is viable. But on any other map it's completely situation (dropping flag truth)

I have no idea what you're talking about anymore.  You go on a tangent after every sentence. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I have never read a worse defense post about H5 in my life. Please stop.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I have no idea what you're talking about anymore.  You go on a tangent after every sentence.

Tangent? Read my reply just cause I dont TL/DR my replies doesn't mean they're tangential

• Downvote (-1) 8

I have never read a worse defense post about H5 in my life. Please stop.

It's not about defending H5 it's about you guys living in a Lala land where H1/2/3/R where flawless magical creations. In fact I prefer "Gasp" Halo 4. I like not having to use autos ever. I like the forge maps and competitive settings. Yes the OBJ sucked (tossing balls and not being able to drop flag) to name a few of its flaws. God knows you can write a doctoral essay on its many flaws.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 12

Let's all just try and move back to HCS-related talk, c'mon, this thread is so cyclical sometimes.

Do you guys think we'll see some of the new maps being put into the tournaments next year? I'd love to see Mercy played and also a few Forge creations.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not about defending H5 it's about you guys living in a Lala land where H1/2/3/R where flawless magical creations. In fact I prefer "Gasp" Halo 4. I like not having to use autos ever. I like the forge maps and competitive settings. Yes the OBJ sucked (tossing balls and not being able to drop flag) to name a few of its flaws. God knows you can write a doctoral essay on its many flaws.

Nobody said the old Halo titles were flawless lol.  Halo 5 just pales in comparison.  Also, preferring Halo 4 over older titles negates any opinion you have on competitive.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Let's all just try and move back to HCS-related talk, c'mon, this thread is so cyclical sometimes.

Do you guys think we'll see some of the new maps being put into the tournaments next year? I'd love to see Mercy played and also a few Forge creations.

If it means radar removal and empire strongholds. Then tossing out and completely rebuilding the current setting would be awesome.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Nobody said the old Halo titles were flawless lol.  Halo 5 just pales in comparison.  Also, preferring Halo 4 over older titles negates any opinion you have on competitive.

Halo 3 and Reach

Halo 1/2 had issues but the games where good

Halo 3 was slow and clunky, the BR spread was to big, and Reach, was well reach

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

i think i need a break from this place and halo. I truly think coming here and reading whats posted every day for the last year or so has impacted me negatively in terms of overall view of halo and the competitive community. Ill just watch the lan events and play some cod4rm for awhile. 

See yall next year <3

Hard to blame you

• Upvote (+1) 1

I honestly would love Mercy and Tyrant to be thrown in in one way or another. I know I'm in a bit of a minority on Tyrant, but Mercy at least seems like a no brainer. Both would need SEVERE weapon placement changes though. I would love forge stuff, but it sounds like that won't be happening unfortunately. 

• Upvote (+1) 3