CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If you're trying to call SB a hypocrite, I'd ask that you at least consider that possible his other teammates may not have been able to attend. Or some org stuff might be going on, we really don't know. Naded on the other hand... I like the guy, but not going to Vegas because you didn't make finals shows that you don't particularly care about the scene or community. Hopefully, both rumors are not true, but either way, we'll find out soon enough.

I kinda was but then snakebite came in and clarified. It sucks to hear that he cant go but i understand having personal reasons preventing him from attending.

this forum is probably the last line of defense for comp halo, we have to keep posting and staying active.

i know it might feel like work sometimes, but i really feel like all we do here will be rewarded soon!

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

this forum is probably the last line of defense for comp halo, we have to keep posting and staying active.

i know it might feel like work sometimes, but i really feel like all we do here will be rewarded soon!

English dictionary "soon" or 343 "soon"?
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Is this the good @@W0uld or the bad W0uld?

• Downvote (-1) 3

The issue I heard for St. Louis is that it wasn't a real "LAN." Why pay for a team to travel just to play online.

No one that went complained
  • Upvote (+1) 3

No one that went complained

From players that have played on both, said they really couldn't tell the difference ask any of the teams that went.

Best

• Upvote (+1) 3

From players that have played on both, said they really couldn't tell the difference ask any of the teams that went.

Best

it was 95/100 if that makes sense. Really good but you could tell it wasn't lan with a couple of things that happened.

Out of curiosity, where did you get the info on the split?

Partially educated guess based off some Valve splits and I think I heard someone say skins are split 3 ways?

I disagree with this, I'm top 100 searching solo and rarely vs to4s. The game matches you with your skill so if you inflate it by searching with to4, when you search solo you'll lose most of your games. Same thing happens in the reverse but it's not very common. The most annoying thing is matching with/vs smurfs or unranked for the season that just ruin the games because they aren't at their true skill.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 12

I disagree with this, I'm top 100 searching solo and rarely vs to4s. The game matches you with your skill so if you inflate it by searching with to4, when you search solo you'll lose most of your games. Same thing happens in the reverse but it's not very common. The most annoying thing is matching with/vs smurfs or unranked for the season that just ruin the games because they aren't at their true skill.

Depends on time of day.

Mornings is more solos. 5pm - 10pm is more to4 (eastern)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Depends on time of day.

Mornings is more solos. 5pm - 10pm is more to4 (eastern)

I've only had one to4 tonight searching solo out of 10 games and it was a mexican team I could've beaten if I played better.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've only had one to4 tonight searching solo out of 10 games and it was a mexican team I could've beaten if I played better.

I've been matching parties like nonstop when I go in solo. Party Restrictions should at least be a preference that can be switched on or off by the player.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hey guys, been awhile since I've been able to get on, how's it going?

giphy.gif

Oh, ok.

Seriously though, I see Optic isn't going to Vegas, any other teams not going?

• Upvote (+1) 4

I've been getting either to4 on East Coast servers, or people from Chile on my team who are diamond vs champ ranked players on servers in Texas. All night. I search solo 95% of the time. So, when you say don't inflate it by searching with a to4 or you'll match them, I literally have no idea what you're talking about because that doesn't match my MM experience at all. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding.

Lol how do you know you aren't matching full parties? There's no way to tell in game unless they all have matching companies. And even then matching a To3 is still way too much unless I have a To3 as well. Plus the ranks between teams are hardly even anyways. There is no way you have played that much solo que and haven't run into a hefty amount of unfair team balances. It's an issue almost every single person playing this game has brought up.

Plus, people don't really care about rank that much because 1) they reset so often and 2) Just being in a full party puts you at such a huge advantage. Why bother playing solo when you can full party search and "maybe" match a full party once in a while?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Lol how do you know you aren't matching full parties? There's no way to tell in game unless they all have matching companies. And even then matching a To3 is still way too much unless I have a To3 as well. Plus the ranks between teams are hardly even anyways. There is no way you have played that much solo que and haven't run into a hefty amount of unfair team balances. It's an issue almost every single person playing this game has brought up.

How do these people know they are matching to4s? I say I am saying I'm not matching to4s because it seems obvious that they aren't communicating and just doing normal mm stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I kinda was but then snakebite came in and clarified. It sucks to hear that he cant go but i understand having personal reasons preventing him from attending.

Yeah I saw that. The only problem is I was away from the forums all day, and reply to posts as I see them to catch up, in this case it was before Snakebite posted. My bad lol  :simms:

Honestly I think you guys are over inflating running into To4. I mean even in doubles I rarely run into full parties. And even when I do, I think back to H2 and H3 with lobbies of full of AFK boosters. That was stupid, having two guys on your team standing still, or being the only one in the lobby moving. Getting shit on by four ransoms because your team is sitting still. Hell even just one guy boosting on your team or the other team ruined the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I could really care less about coming up against of a to4 when i have a teammate who either lags out or quits more often than not.

• Upvote (+1) 9

How do these people know they are matching to4s? I say I am saying I'm not matching to4s because it seems obvious that they aren't communicating and just doing normal mm stuff.

Matching emblems, companies, and checking their GT and seeing if they are all in party chat is usually what I do. Or when I search again and match the same squad. Also, since so many people stream and play with the same couple people you usually start to see patterns.

But I do find it problematic that you basically have to look into whether it's a team or not. Party restrictions would alleviate this issue along with the game showing you when you match parties. Black ops 3, H3, Reach, and Overwatch all use this and it's great. Knowing what you are being matched against is really important.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I could really care less about coming up against of a to4 when i have a teammate who either lags out or quits more often than not.

They Probably didn't intend on either of those either. The servers are such trash.