CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If OpTiC actually dont go, its because @lxthul is scared of Mose...

:simms:

:wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1

how can optic not be going?

wtf is wrong with these entitled pros nowadays? given a living online and won't even bother to show up what a JOKE

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 5

After Snakebite comes in here and acts like he's some community ambassador, this is extremely disappointing. I wish Optic appreciated the importance that their team name bares to the Halo scene. Not making any content to attract the Optic fans was already disappointing, but now this...

Hopefully it's untrue.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Did you watch ugc?

I think his differing play style benefits the team since he's slower and values each life more. There were times where he was literally the only reason they weren't 4 down.

@@Towey is it possible to switch POV for each different gametype? Like game 1 Roy, game 2 stellur etc.

I watched UGC but didn't focus on his POV. I might do that when I get the chance to see if I notice the same traits that I did in the Liquid series.

That's one way to look at it, I definitely did see that occurrence sometimes with him being the last one alive, but more often his slowness meant that there was just one less guy shooting the enemy for too long of periods of time. I suppose that playstyle has that benefit but I felt that it hurt the team more overall.  It's not the way I see NV and Optic members play. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

Why is it on the Pros to attend these events again if it isn't required? That's just another HCS planning mishap waiting to happen (well technically it is now)

OpTic have their own reasons, maybe they are traveling the following week for Thanksgiving and see no reason to go to another West Coast event. Tie in a location when half the team is under 21. We know they're the best, this event has no bearing on placements for the finals.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I understand the personal issues but

Why is it on the Pros to attend these events again if it isn't required? That's just another HCS mishap waiting to happen (well technically it is now)

OpTic have their own reasons, maybe they are traveling the following week for Thanksgiving and see no reason to go to another West Coast event.Tie in a location when half the team is under 21. We know they're the best, this event has no bearing on placements for the finals.

"Why is it on the Pros to attend these events again if it isn't required?"

Did you just say that?

Did you just..

say that

• Downvote (-1) 11

"Why is it on the Pros to attend these events again if it isn't required?"

Did you just say that?

Did you just..

say that

Of course I get why they should, but let's not act like it's required to in the league.

If they feel the prizing isn't good enough / teams not backing travel to events then we can't fault them. Especially if they have legitimate personal reasons not to attend.

• Upvote (+1) 5

From being close friends with the OpTic guys, they've said they're not attending due to recent personal issues they'd wish to not disclose.

that is understandable 

• Upvote (+1) 1

From being close friends with the OpTic guys, they've said they're not attending due to recent personal issues they'd wish to not disclose.

Lol we know it's all a front for another amazing Vision episode  :lxthul:

Optic not going to Vegas has no bearing on the growth of the community.  It will lower the average viewership a bit but the greenwall kids only watch when their team is on stream anyway.  It sucks they aren't going from a competitive standpoint because everyone is basically battling for 2nd since the best team isn't there to be beat and as a great man once said, "To be the man, you've got to beat the man.  Wooooo!" 

I think I'm done watching at this point. I really want to support Halo but the way ESL has run these Pro Leagues is absolutely trash. If they don't give it to MLG, give it to UGC. Just someone who actually seems to give a shit and understands how to structure a fucking league.

Scheduling a west coast LAN just days before Thanksgiving probably wasn't a wise choice either. Sort of fucks east coast players, like snakebite and Spartan (NJ fan).

As for Optic, I can understand a personal issue causing a problem. I don't have to like it. If it was just 1 player I'd think they would just sub someone though, so I'm thinking it's more then just 1 player has family stuff and isn't going to out a meaningless tourney first. Probably 2-3 of them so at that point why bother.

Naded not going isn't a surprise. I had already expected it if they lost. Plus as someone pointed out LG haven't gone to any LANs.

This is what happens when you don't listen to the feedback that was presented to you. ESL never seems to listen and when they do it is SO SLOW. Compare that to the phade/ESA, proverb/UGC, Adam/MLG...it's pretty disappointing.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think I'm done watching at this point. I really want to support Halo but the way ESL has run these Pro Leagues is absolutely trash. If they don't give it to MLG, give it to UGC. Just someone who actually seems to give a shit and understands how to structure a fucking league.

If by "they" you mean 343, then i agree. The community needs to bear in mind that 343 may/may not be in a contract with ESL so there are a lot of lengthy variables that come into play with handing over the keys to MLG.

I think a good way of incorporating LANs at least HCS sponsored LANs into the HCS seasons would be by having LANS counts towards placement like they should be worth more then online events would give teams incentive to go especially for the lower seeded teams.

I just watched Towey's upload of EG's series against Liquid.

Stellur really doesn't appear to be very good to me. He has a good shot, but is generally sloppy, slow-to-react, and loses a lot of 1v1s that he shouldn't. This surprised me because the general perception of him is that he is a very individually skilled player, maybe it was an off-night. The only game in which he was winning more battles than he was losing was game 5, but he had a weapon advantage in just about every battle, plus his whole team was on fire.

He also just does not look like a good team player, it's like he's playing his own game most of the time and not thinking about helping his team at all. He moves slowly and is often the last one to reach the "action" on the map, which results in him earning a lot of "baity" kills and not in a way that is beneficial to the team. And I know I've said this multiple times already, but his communication is pathetic for a pro player.

I'm not blaming EG's struggles on him (they have many different issues), but as someone who just watched 5 entire games from his perspective in a serious setting, I'm very unimpressed. Maybe he just doesn't mesh with EG. It looks like he has a completely different idea of how to play Halo than his team.

I know we see him as sort of the hero in the fight against the community villain Cratos, but hopefully others who have watched a lot of his gameplay can offer their opinions.

I'm sure this is why Stellur could have basically picked whatever team he wanted to join this season after he left E6...

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think a good way of incorporating LANs at least HCS sponsored LANs into the HCS seasons would be by having LANS counts towards placement like they should be worth more then online events would give teams incentive to go especially for the lower seeded teams.

I really enjoyed the format of HCS seasons' 1 & 2 (H2A), except i'd like to see large scale LANS in terms of the prize pool & tournament organizer. 

• Upvote (+1) 2