CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Formal playing on a terrible ass server. 343 doesn't want him

this is somewhat common for me, for a while i had a 100% chance of servers being like that.  Theres certain types of internet that make a server do that and my school had it, so if i played from my dorm room everyone in the server would lag like that.

During the jam-packed show we’ll have a special walkthrough of the Halo Museum, talk Halo Wars 2 with Dan Ayoub & Max Szlagor, hear about some of the team and community’s fondest Halo memories, play Halo 5 with fans, talk HCS with Tashi & Strongside, take a look at the upcoming Halo Loot crate with James, answer your tweets and whatever else we end up doing when we inevitably stray from script.

Might be a load of nothing but who knows.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Fp0lgOg.png

I wonder if this was done on purpose or not. Or if someone at 343 is freaking out about someone using the word radar like

JeYb5sj.gif

I look forward to someone calling Sketch the worst person ever for using the word radar.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't dislike Allegiance or E6 in any way (I've known Cratos for so long that I won't ever dislike him or his team), but I really want to see an AM team knock out a pro league team.  It would bring in a lot more discussion and would be nice to see new faces next season.... If there even is a next season?

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't dislike Allegiance or E6 in any way (I've known Cratos for so long that I won't ever dislike him or his team), but I really want to see an AM team knock out a pro league team.  It would bring in a lot more discussion and would be nice to see new faces next season.... If there even is a next season?

there will be a next season

as long as halo is a thing HCS will be a thing, trust

• Upvote (+1) 1

Basically this is what I would imagine a near perfect setup for Halo (in North America) to be:

MLG:

World Championship every year (1m$ + crowdfunding) 

Qualifying based from 3 open LANs and 4-5 online qualifiers:

• Open LANs offer more seeding points
  • Online offers less (but more online qualifiers)
  • 1 Midwest (100k), 1 East Coast (100k), 1 West Coast (50k - which could also tie into NA regional finals idk)

Crowdfunding:

• Team skin purchases contribute to prize pool
  • REQ purchases contribute to prize pool
  • Community can donate if they wish
  • All Halo Wars 2 micro-transactions contribute to prize pool

After Worlds:

• Spring split open: 50k between Spring and Summer Pro League (more on PL below)
  • Summer split open (national championships): 150k+ LAN between Summer and Fall PL

ESL:

3 Pro League seasons a year:

• Spring (after worlds)
  • Summer
  • Fall (before worlds qualification through MLG)

Each NA Pro League season would have the same prize distribution as it does now. Whether or not the finals of these Pro League seasons could tie into each open event in the split is another idea.

Is it expensive? Yes. Is it more expensive than hosting Halo on X-Games? Definitely not.

Keep doing this for 4-5 years and the growth in NA HCS would be massive. 

What do you guys think??

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Basically this is what I would imagine a near perfect setup for Halo (in North America) to be:

MLG:

World Championship every year (1m$ + crowdfunding) 

Qualifying based from 3 open LANs and 4-5 online qualifiers:

• Open LANs offer more seeding points
  • Online offers less (but more online qualifiers)
  • 1 Midwest (100k), 1 East Coast (100k), 1 West Coast (50k - which could also tie into NA regional finals idk)

Crowdfunding:

• Team skin purchases contribute to prize pool
  • REQ purchases contribute to prize pool
  • Community can donate if they wish
  • All Halo Wars 2 micro-transactions contribute to prize pool

After Worlds:

• Spring split open: 50k between Spring and Summer Pro League (more on PL below)
  • Summer split open (national championships): 150k+ LAN between Summer and Fall PL

ESL:

3 Pro League seasons a year:

• Spring (after worlds)
  • Summer
  • Fall (before worlds qualification through MLG)

Each NA Pro League season would have the same prize distribution as it does now. Whether or not the finals of these Pro League seasons could tie into each open event in the split is another idea.

Is it expensive? Yes. Is it more expensive than hosting Halo on X-Games? Definitely not.

Keep doing this for 4-5 years and the growth in NA HCS would be massive. 

What do you guys think??

Me gusta :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

How much did it cost to host Halo on X-Games?

Stuff

Is your 1m Worlds the grand prize or the prize pool?  This needs to be clarified.

Team skins should not fund HCS prize pools.

Post-Worlds needs an off-season.

get lost tibs

If they want to release HCS-specific or Worlds-specific skins that fund greater cuts to prize pool that generic packs, by all means.

But team skins should fund teams, not Worlds.

And oversaturation is a bad thing.  Give the players a vacation once in a while.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I just watched Towey's upload of EG's series against Liquid.

Stellur really doesn't appear to be very good to me. He has a good shot, but is generally sloppy, slow-to-react, and loses a lot of 1v1s that he shouldn't. This surprised me because the general perception of him is that he is a very individually skilled player, maybe it was an off-night. The only game in which he was winning more battles than he was losing was game 5, but he had a weapon advantage in just about every battle, plus his whole team was on fire.

He also just does not look like a good team player, it's like he's playing his own game most of the time and not thinking about helping his team at all. He moves slowly and is often the last one to reach the "action" on the map, which results in him earning a lot of "baity" kills and not in a way that is beneficial to the team. And I know I've said this multiple times already, but his communication is pathetic for a pro player.

I'm not blaming EG's struggles on him (they have many different issues), but as someone who just watched 5 entire games from his perspective in a serious setting, I'm very unimpressed. Maybe he just doesn't mesh with EG. It looks like he has a completely different idea of how to play Halo than his team.

I know we see him as sort of the hero in the fight against the community villain Cratos, but hopefully others who have watched a lot of his gameplay can offer their opinions.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Is your 1m Worlds the grand prize or the prize pool?  This needs to be clarified.

Team skins should not fund HCS prize pools.

Post-Worlds needs an off-season.

1m prize pool :) obvs with crowdfunding. But only a percentage of team skins go to the actual team, maybe there can be a three way split, 33% to 343, the org, and crowdfund, and then the remaining 1% to me.

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

So from what I've gathered from intel on Twitter...

Naded will NOT be going to Vegas because he didnt get into the top 4 in the Pro League.

Thats abysmal. I get that he's gutted but that is a terrible attitude for a pro, and a BAD advertisement for professional Halo. I really hope it's not true. Where is the drive, and the ambition to compete in LAN? Sigh. 

How 2 let ur team down 101.

• Upvote (+1) 8