CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Pretty cool to see an EU team attending PGL they did say they were preparing for Worlds so playing the NA pros on LAN is a good step in that direction should be interesting to see how they stack up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

^ was just about to post that. Finally they have given us an update! 

Now let’s get this out of the way first: this is not the next big content update you’ve been waiting for"

Its the only update I have been waiting for.

So i just randomly decided to look at the Standings and i saw that EG is 4 - 9, why the hell did they overreact over a 0 - 2 week and make a roster change... They started 3 - 1 and then went 0 - 2 and then decided to make a change, hahaha terrible decision...  But last night OG once again lost to nV yet on LAN, i am sure they will beat them with ease cuz addy is very OP... It is 2016 and they still dont drug test at events, why not... Not everyone turns into a god when on addy... It is just like PED's in Baseball during the early 2000's, not everyone on them was a god... I would love to see a Halo and CoD event without anyone on addy, i am sure people would be shocked with the results... 

• Downvote (-1) 6

^ was just about to post that. Finally they have given us an update! 

Now let’s get this out of the way first: this is not the next big content update you’ve been waiting for"

Its the only update I have been waiting for.

Worth noting this hasn't actually fixed anything, so we're still gonna be stuck with ghost melees, server DCs and all around bad connections for at least another month. 

Provided they fix the issues too.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Im guessing Str8 Rippin skins too. Probably salty they are getting them so quick.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Quick question about the game's declining servers...

Is it not possible that MS have simply diverted some resources away from H5 due to a declining population?

Maybe it's the case where a lower population is resulting in less ideal matches?

What's the likelihood that the servers have simply gotten worse throughout this past year, and that it's an issue that can be fixed?

Worth noting this hasn't actually fixed anything, so we're still gonna be stuck with ghost melees, server DCs and all around bad connections for at least another month. 

Provided they fix the issues too.

True, it has certainly taken far too long to get to this point BUT this is the exact kind of update we have been asking for communication-wise.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Im guessing Str8 Rippin skins too. Probably salty they are getting them so quick.

He shouldn't be, everyone should be getting a piece of the pie including Str8. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Quick question about the game's declining servers...

Is it not possible that MS have simply diverted some resources away from H5 due to a declining population?

Maybe it's the case where a lower population is resulting in less ideal matches?

What's the likelihood that the servers have simply gotten worse throughout this past year, and that it's an issue that can be fixed?

I've thought the same thing.  I'm sure these servers are pretty high tech and can make optimizations on the fly based on dynamic supply and demand. The hyper layer should be adjusting physical resources based on demand.  Less demand, less physical horsepower.  The problem might just be on the client side; The games was optimized to meet a profile where the servers were ramped up to meet higher demands.  As population backs off, demand goes down, resources go down, the game client optimization stays the same: NO LONGER WORKY.

It's probably more likely just poor regression testing as the code base has evolved throughout the revision history. On both client and server side...

• Upvote (+1) 2

kinda OT but I'm really glad this place stayed way the fuck away from the election stuff. Not sure if people posted about it and it was removed by mods or it wasn't posted in the first place but really glad that this was a "safe space" (kappa) from all the noise that's been going on, regardless of people's political affiliation. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

kinda OT but I'm really glad this place stayed way the fuck away from the election stuff. Not sure if people posted about it and it was removed by mods or it wasn't posted in the first place but really glad that this was a "safe space" (kappa) from all the noise that's been going on, regardless of people's political affiliation. 

Political debates have no place in threads like this.

OT of OT, sure.

Pro League Thread?  Hell no.

...besides, we have a hard enough time with debates over things like radar and automatics.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Too busy playing halo, watching halo, griping about 343, and other halo related things to even have time to gripe about the election! Not enough time in the day to do all, you have to prioritize... Like how they should prioritize the servers and spectator mode.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Holy shit, the EU GodSquad are attending Vegas! 

I CANT WAIT to see how the #1 EU team stacks against the top 8 in NA!

Vegas is going to be sick guys, plz attend if you can!

• Upvote (+1) 5

Is this even possible with the update? I thought it was entirely "under the hood".

Classic head-casing. IIRC Spartan said the same thing when they released x/y sens options. I hope it doesn't effect his play today.

• Upvote (+1) 2