CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Watching the rebroadcast and it drives me nuts that t2 goes on about how this isn't the Optic we're used to, completely ignoring the fact trash servers are the main reason for it. Optic have shown on LAN it isn't even close, this online pro league is an absolute joke when you consider only the top 4 teams qualify from such an unfair environment

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Watching the rebroadcast and it drives me nuts that t2 goes on about how this isn't the Optic we're used to, completely ignoring the fact trash servers are the main reason for it. Optic have shown on LAN it isn't even close, this online pro league is an absolute joke when you consider only the top 4 teams qualify from such an unfair environment

Despite all of that, we Had been used to this to4 trashing everyone online and on LAN.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Long time lurker...Started a weekly halo podcast...am I too late to the party?

http://howtoplayhalo.com/podcast/episode-1 

Great night of pro league...nV with the smack down and str8 with the HUGE win. Can't wait for tomorrow's games! 

It's never too late for community-created Halo/HCS content... bit of shame you weren't able to start earlier in the season though (that sounds like a dig at you; it isn't meant to), 'cause I think this could have been a great complement to HCS ListenIn, which I enjoy but tends to gloss over the issues that get the community heated.

Good 1st episode, for sure!

I just need to share how blessed I am to live in a world with Pistolgod on this blessed day.

Lord deliver us from Lethul, for thine is the kingdom and the power

URcIg4p.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Idk if y'all have ever watched any of Royal 2's clips, but you should. It's actually hilarious how broken online play is for this game. It's even more laughable that it hasn't been fixed for months now.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Despite all of that, we Had been used to this to4 trashing everyone online and on LAN.

Yeah before the awful server issues appeared, now they only trash everyone on LAN, not a coincidence.

Idk if y'all have ever watched any of Royal 2's clips, but you should. It's actually hilarious how broken online play is for this game. It's even more laughable that it hasn't been fixed for months now.

He must make about 6 clips a day and every single one you can see what he's pointing out, it's awful.

• Upvote (+1) 1

lethul is going to try harder than ever before to get his bth buddies into finals

all they need to do is beat e6 and they're in

• Upvote (+1) 2

I can only speak for myself, but a 4 team tournament with no EG isn't something i'm particularly looking forward to. Not even a huge EG fan i just think this pro league has been executed in a terrible manner. Even die hard fans need to force themselves to stay interested.

Liquid loses another game 5 because of automatics.

First the storm, this time the SMG

I'm pretty sure el Penguino and spARtan love autos

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can only speak for myself, but a 4 team tournament with no EG isn't something i'm particularly looking forward to. Not even a huge EG fan i just think this pro league has been executed in a terrible manner. Even die hard fans need to force themselves to stay interested.

The format isn't optimal, but I'm always down to watch four elite teams play LAN Halo for big money. If Str8 makes it I'm especially interested to see if they can pull off any upsets, but 3rd is probably their ceiling.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The format isn't optimal, but I'm always down to watch four elite teams play LAN Halo for big money. If Str8 makes it I'm especially interested to see if they can pull off any upsets, but 3rd is probably their ceiling.

Oh I'll watch, i always have/do, I just don't understand the decision making and it makes me actually wonder whether I even want to watch anymore. LANs and Halo competitive could be so much better,  but because the decision makers are passive aggressive people who don't seem to get it, Halo is now a chore.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Oh I'll watch, i always have/do, I just don't understand the decision making and it makes me actually wonder whether I even want to watch anymore. LANs and Halo competitive could be so much better,  but because the decision makers are passive aggressive people who don't seem to get it, Halo is now a chore.

Yeah I feel it. Even a tiny, nearly stakeless event like Orange County was pretty enjoyable because of the am teams rising up and challenging the pros. Under ESL's system we rarely get to see that as the teams are mostly segregated into their own "tiers". It has its pros and cons but I'd love to see more high-stakes events with more than a few teams allowed to compete.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ninja seems like a really rad dude.

Ninja gonna get fined lol

What did he say? I fell asleep lol. 

Okay, I've broken down all the remaining 216 Scenarios for tomorrow for Relegation and posted them in a spreadsheet. Enjoy!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uw6Jmp8bC3yJVZAEdS0BRctlhqJrzrghpsScyKUizw8/edit?usp=sharing

Awesome! I like to see this kind of stuff, in the pro league broadcast sometimes it seems they don't know what they talking about, they are only guessing what could happen with the teams. I enjoy the casting overall, but they could show some scenarios in the filler time between matches, or at least show the standings after each match.

Yeah before the awful server issues appeared, now they only trash everyone on LAN, not a coincidence.

I don't disagree that server issues affect the leagues integrity, but despite it all Optic is still pretty dominant- online and on LAN.

So I don't see it as problematic to suggest that seeing them lose takes some getting used to.

I'm still amazed that they can consistently perform so well, against the best players in the world, while one player is playing with a huge handy cap.

Edit: handicap lol

Yeah I feel it. Even a tiny, nearly stakeless event like Orange County was pretty enjoyable because of the am teams rising up and challenging the pros. Under ESL's system we rarely get to see that as the teams are mostly segregated into their own "tiers". It has its pros and cons but I'd love to see more high-stakes events with more than a few teams allowed to compete.

What are the "pros" of this segregated system. The only "pro" I've heard expressed is when Timo said that keeping Pros and AMs in seperated events give AMs an unobstructed path to the proleague... which is a load of nonsense (they seemingly went back on that theory when they announced two official Opens)
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Tibby you prolly wanna read that last part too, analysts have ruined halo.

Hyperbole I know, but no they haven't.  I too get tired of the "but I have statistics that prove why i'm always right" attitude sometimes, but analysts will become to esports like they are to Football and Baseball (especially baseball).  They are a good tool when used properly and can give some really good insights that players may miss when they have "tunnel vision" about the game, but obviously are not to be taken as gospel.  Especially at this stage of the game where analysis in Halo is pretty young, but as it matures it will become more valuable and it would behoove teams to take advantage of it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm still amazed that they can consistently perform so well, against the best players in the world, while one player is playing with a huge handy cap.

I'm 100% sure that Royal 2's current cap is anything but handy, unless you're implying his internet issues are a good thing