CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

OG vs NV starts soon

should be a great one

Can we get an actual fucking timetable or are you just going to jerk us around until Halo 6?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Game developers are snarky people, especially when they get asked the same question a hundred times.

Things will get handled when they get handled.

A product will be released when it's done.

A bug will get fixed when it's reproduced, fixed, extensively tested to be sure no other incarnations of the bug exist, and added to the next patch.

It's easier to just say "Soon"  -- especially since it avoids any liability on the employee.

Yeah i know and i think its sad.  I work at a software company and "i have no idea on a timeline for that" must come out of my mouth at least a dozen times a day.

Give people a little more insight into "how the sausage is made" and they might be more understanding and actually reassured that you are indeed working on the problem.  Just because something is easy, doesn't make it right.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah i know and i think its sad.  I work at a software company and "i have no idea on a timeline for that" must come out of my mouth at least a dozen times a day.

Give people a little more insight into "how the sausage is made" and they might be more understanding and actually reassured that you are indeed working on the problem.  Just because something is easy, doesn't make it right.

See, this is exactly the problem that we're talking about; this extreme disconnect between the dev and the player. How else do we get things like Breakout, and Warzone, and no BtB?

We don't want no sausages. WE WANT RADAR.

See, this is exactly the problem that we're talking about; this extreme disconnect between the dev and the player. How else do we get things like Breakout, and Warzone, and no BtB?

We don't want no sausages. WE WANT RADAR.

Where i work there is a total disconnect between the developers writing the code and the actual customers.  We even have dedicated people that are supposed to ping the community and bring their ideas and needs into the Product Owners to help drive the priorities of the development cycle.  Most of the time, it all amounts to nothing.  They end up prioritizing the things that they want to and design it how they want to anyway.

At the very least, giving some insight into the actual processes that go into development to your customers forces you to think about those processes and the items you prioritize.  It can also demonstrate to your customers that the process to all this is not as simple as they think.  

Gonna need your team to go 0-6 this week so Cratos can end up in relegation, where he belongs  :simms:

"Your team"? I'm a fan not their owner 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 12

Yeah i know and i think its sad. I work at a software company and "i have no idea on a timeline for that" must come out of my mouth at least a dozen times a day.

Give people a little more insight into "how the sausage is made" and they might be more understanding and actually reassured that you are indeed working on the problem. Just because something is easy, doesn't make it right.

People don't deal with programming will never understand how hard it is to ship an update that fixes problems without creating more.

But to soften the disconnect, they really need to utilize a more satisfying approach to communication.

When there is a widespread issue don't insinuate that the problem is isolated. Immediately own it, and give frequent updates. I'd rather get disappointing news like "we still haven't found the source of the problem" than dealing with extended periods of radio silence.

The same goes with content that isn't well received. Stop pretending that there is some silent majority that is actually pleased with the offering. Address the common concerns and show that you understand what needs to be improved.

Finally when it comes to "Soon", there are much better ways to provide updates on timelines. My favorite is the "under promise, over deliver". Stop with the vague "the team's working on some cool things and I can't wait to tell you more". Just Tell me what they are let me decide if they are cool or not and provide a timeline BEYOND when you think it will arrive. Then deliver sooner and everyone will think you are god.

They strung us on for months about adding "new gametypes". It's been a year and all we got is a shitty version of assault that isn't even in MM and we have no idea if we'll ever see anything else.

Just talk to me , man

• Upvote (+1) 2

Fans are what keep teams/organizations going. They're as big a part as any player or owner that's why sports fans always say "my team" and (eSports :kappa:) is no different

• Upvote (+1) 1

Predictions:

E6 3-1 ALG

NV 2-3 OG

STR8 3-2 TL 

LG  3-2 EG

I hope my 2nd and 4th predictions aren't true but based on what we've seen so far this is how I see it playing out.  

ALG 3-2 E6

OG 3-2 NV

STR8 3-2 TL

EG 3-2 LG

4 game 5's. Gonna be a long night.

Sheesh

I can't deal with two long nights in a row

Super pumped for tonight's matches. Hopefully Str8 wins and Luminosity loses. Also, interested in OpTic-Envy obviously. If Envy wins in any fashion they secure 1 seed, and if OpTic wins in any fashion they take 1 seed into final matches tomorrow.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bubu deserves better than to be on that team  :simms: