CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Then why haven't billionaires been able to get rights to hold online betting?

I remember Money Matches saying that they have "exclusive rights" to esports gambling in the US... lol

• Upvote (+1) 5

The answer he gave about the MCC was a non answer he basically said it was being "discussed and maybe we'll have an answer soon" the fact that there's even a question whether it should be fixed or not is complete horseshit considering we spent $60 dollars on a broken product.

Most other companies would see it as an obligation to fix the broken product they sold us not but not 343i.

Anyone else get a vibe from the update (and past work experience) that ske7ch has way more experience in answering questions in ways that don't answer anything at all? Not that Bravo wasn't doing this, but I bet ske7ch has way more experience doing this from the bungie days and the more corporate roles he had after.

Wonder if he'll have a presence here. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Notice the wording. It's an update to help IDENTIFY the issue, not fix the issue.

But this is good, nevertheless. 

Agreed. It has finally been addressed at the very least. Hopefully, now that the dust over @ 343 has settled and now Halo 5 can start making progress again. Thanks Ske7ch, if you're here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Whether the patch fixes or looks for the source of the problem can't we all agree we're just happy that there is a form of feedback from 343 with the objective of trying to fix it rather then the usual silence right?

• Upvote (+1) 4

You are really missing the mark.

Also...Liquid drafted Regret against him on purpose. I wonder if they had some reason for doing that.

your brain works very different than mine

Can you imagine?

"STD outplayed and destroyed E6." - Oh man, that sounds funny and wrong at the same time.

I love it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Am team got picked up by a small org called "STDx eSports".

I'm happy for them. I really am.

But man.

The "This org is AIDS" jokes write themselves.

is it not as simple as shortening it to S2D? how can they possibly think that STD is a good idea?

• Upvote (+1) 6

i have vinFTW memorialized in my signature

anyhoo, looking forward to next wed/thur. it's going to be fun seeing who makes it in top 4. still no idea what the logic is behind 5/6 being in some sort of idiotic purgatory while 7/8 fight with am teams. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Upvote (+1) 7

Oh for sure, but I'm not the one making promises.

Also I like the new community manager. Apparently we're getting a mini fix next week.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/back-in-the-saddle

Instinctively my first thought were: "I wonder what that little update will break". But then I convince myself, with some serious motivational pep talk, that they know what they are doing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What is the deal with 343 and 5v5? It's just seems so arbitrary that they frequently throw this number of people into maps that aren't designed for it.

I don't know for other playlists but I feel like they keep doing 5v5 Snipers on BTB maps because the Sniper is so easy to use for no scopes so Arena maps suck for it.

Nerf sniper bullet mag

Make it 4v4

Make it Arena maps

\  :holmes: /

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think my only real issue is this line "Overall the online experience for Halo 5 is pretty great but the team is aware of a few specific issues that seem to be increasing in prominence." I guess he just had to say something like that because its his job to put a positive spin where none exists but server performance is literal ass and has been for months compared to launch. If it stays like this I don't even want dedicated servers. P2P was better.

I do hope that everything goes well though and I'm glad they're at least admitting that something is wrong.

how have they been doing in the am circuit? Didnt even realize calm was playing again.

what team is renegade on too?

Renegade is with Randa, Brainstrm & v t3ct8(might be a 9 or something instead), believe their team name is Daddy and the daycare.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know for other playlists but I feel like they keep doing 5v5 Snipers on BTB maps because the Sniper is so easy to use for no scopes so Arena maps suck for it.

Nerf sniper bullet mag

Make it 4v4

Make it Arena maps

\  :holmes: /

Sure, no-scopes are pretty easy, relatively speaking, but they are still WAY harder than using the sniper at long ranges in this game. Sniping in BTTB/Warzone is a complete joke (shout out to all of the BTB/Wz sniper clips they like to show on-stream). There is no excuse for continuing with this shitty format for snipers aside from 343 generally not actually giving a shit.

Ske7ch in that update:

"@HeylmSwat “Where have you been since you fell off the radar?”

I’ve been around, just crouching to avoid detection."

We're being memed  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 7