CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Optic should somehow get the rights to Final Boss, since they are in fact the 2016 version of them

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Whenever the Str8 Skins come out they are going to be fire

You mean IF any new skins come out*

• Upvote (+1) 2

EU Week 5 Stats

FabE:

3C91OSu.jpg

Vibe:

9UseFQu.jpg

Infused:

8wsaR9w.jpg

Pulse:

74wx6Tm.jpg

VwS:

a7TMmdN.jpg

Prophecy:

c72ploB.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

Speaking of skins, anyone know how EU can get nV skins? I followed the link on the halo twitch and it takes me to the US account and won't change it to UK.

@@ssbChad  do you have breakdown of NA team standings with map win percentages that you can share?

Final week could definitely be decided on more than just series record.

Edit: Or anyone for that matter.  Don't remember who last posted detailed standings.

@@ssbChad  do you have breakdown of NA team standings with map win percentages that you can share?

Final week could definitely be decided on more than just series record.

Edit: Or anyone for that matter.  Don't remember who last posted detailed standings.

1: nV - 11-1 (33-14)
2: OG - 10-2 (33-15)
3: LIQ - 7-5 (30-22)
4: LG - 6-6 (25-23)
5: Str8 - 5-7 (19-28)
6: E6 - 4-8 (20-30)
7: EG - 3-9 (20-32)
8: ALG - 2-10 (17-33)
  • Upvote (+1) 2

They won't cakewalk through relegations.

The gap between the top 3/4 AM teams and EG/ALG is nonexistent

UGC St. Louis says otherwise.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

As a casual player, I'd love HCS to have their own playlist with custom settings, weapons, etc. Then Team Arena can then get all the new stuff they've added in updates.

People can complain about the maps being 'non-competitive'and for high level play, many of those concerns are probably valid. Down here in Gold, they don't seem to make much difference. It bugs me that 343 added new arena maps, and the assault mode, but there's no way for me to play them outside of custom games. I'm stuck basically playing the same game from launch, despite a year's worth of content updates.

In a perfect world, I'd love to see new maps/modes that are balanced for pro play (and enjoyed by the pros) added to the HCS to keep it fresh.

Come on @@Infinity, time to drop some truth bombs on these nublets :holmes:

Been doing this since 09 brother. Nothing to do with mechanics working out for me. Eventually everyones time comes to and end when it comes to competing. Don't blame the game for people shifting their focus toward real life goals

Hey I was wondering do you have a smurf called optic snackbite? Also ive seen being a pro gamer a "real life goal". Only 300 prople have won more than 100k from gaming. Thats an elite group.

I just want radar gone from hcs/arena...I think that is the only change needed.

All this "nerf this, remove every weapon" just goes to far imo.

More than just radar removal/modification needs to happen but I think people take the weapon balancing too far.  Asking for a 4 shot pistol and complete removal of many weapons is 1) not necessary  and 2) not going to happen.

I think they need to start with just a few things, only one of them actually require changing damage characteristics.  I for one, believe that the damage characteristics of some weapons need to change as well but 343 seems so dead set against that its best not to make "good" the enemy of "great".

1) Radar removal for the love of god.

2) Storm rifle changed to a tier 2 category weapon.

3) SMG spawns increased from 15 seconds after pickup to 45 or 60 seconds.

4) Slight nerf to multiple elements of the splinter nades. Damage, fuse time, hang time.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Come on @@Infinity, time to drop some truth bombs on these nublets :holmes:

Separate playlists are for nublets.

Not much I can say other than that. 343's playlist management and sustain content quality is catastrophic anyway so tbh it doesn't really matter at this point. I've given up arguing for it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

The issue is that a large portion of Halo players don't want anything that resembles what we think of when we say competitive 4v4. They want a big stupid Michael Bay film 24/7. The needs/wants of competitive players and the social/team slayer guys are pretty irreconcilable in a lot of cases. If that split was never allowed to form a decade ago then universal settings might be realistic for Halo. How do you tell all of the niches that have been playing in their own playlist for years that they now all have to play the same thing and they'll like it? 

• Upvote (+1) 9

For anyone who watches a lot of EU Halo, why does it seem that Jimbo is usually going neg while the rest of his team goes off? Is he just being that workhorse, getting everything else done?

• Upvote (+1) 1

stats

Thanks Chad.  Seems like @@ahawowow was correct.  LG would need to lose out and Str8 would need win out in order to change current 4th/5th place standings.  Map win record won't matter in this case.

Glad things are still undecided going into the final week.

More than just radar removal/modification needs to happen but I think people take the weapon balancing too far.  Asking for a 4 shot pistol and complete removal of many weapons is 1) not necessary  and 2) not going to happen.

I think they need to start with just a few things, only one of them actually require changing damage characteristics.  I for one, believe that the damage characteristics of some weapons need to change as well but 343 seems so dead set against that its best not to make "good" the enemy of "great".

1) Radar removal for the love of god.

2) Storm rifle changed to a tier 2 category weapon.

3) SMG spawns increased from 15 seconds after pickup to 45 or 60 seconds.

4) Slight nerf to multiple elements of the splinter nades. Damage, fuse time, hang time.

5) No sprint :simms: 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Didn't Pnda take EG to a game 5 and beat ALG at that tourney? 

Yea what exactly what he trying to prove by saying that?

All of that happened at UGC and Pnda isn't even the undisputed best AM team. They are good but they are probably top 3/4 in rankings.

At the moment, there is no gap between the top 4 AM teams and EG/ALG. All of them can beat each other on any given day.

• Downvote (-1) 1

someone needs to be the skip bayless here ever since audley stepped down.

im actually normal in person\

edit: i never give u enough credit, u r a solid dirty work obj player and i never want to ever play against u on regret or truth.

underrated for sure

You are really missing the mark.

Also...Liquid drafted Regret against him on purpose. I wonder if they had some reason for doing that.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Fabe is pooping on Pnda actually, 2-0 up in the series now.

3-1 Truth CTF

50-28 Plaza Slayer

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fabe is pooping on Pnda actually, 2-0 up in the series now.

3-1 Truth CTF

50-28 Plaza Slayer

Anybody from Pnda streaming?  Jimbos nades are coming out immediately and his shots are landing nicely so they might be connected to a EU server which could skew things a bit.

Anybody from Pnda streaming?  Jimbos nades are coming out immediately and his shots are landing nicely so they might be connected to a EU server which could skew things a bit.

Ryanoob is, connection isn't that bad, slight delay on nades. Shots seem alright.

• Upvote (+1) 1