CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What is wrong with you people? I would have never thought people would get butt hurt over Str8 Rippin becoming an org.

I don't think people are butt hurt, people living in nostalgia land with new people running an org isn't enticing for those that want to see the scene to grow for the future. I think most would like to see an established org added.

After the whole 100 Thieves thing in CoD, I'm not holding my breath. Hell, this could be an incredible step to grow the scene but the only thing they have at this point is the name..which MLG and the players at the time made famous...in 2006.

But hey, I'm the asshole.

---------------

Also, the neg button is to the bottom right if you disagree.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 42

So Hype!  I came into the scene during H3 and was a big Str8 fan.  This is so sick!  

Yes could have been nice to see another big eSports org enter the scene, but man this is better than LOL gotta admit.  

The only thing better would have been if Meme Team became an org with a dank meme logo  :kappa:

Did you miss the $2.5MM Halo Worlds Event and constant Pro Leagues? If these orgs have it contracted that they receive "x" amount of prize winnings, they are doing pretty well. Especially with Halo's lack of LAN events, its pretty cheap to sponsor a Halo squad. You hardly even have to worry about travel support with 98% of the league being online. I am also pretty sure ESL covers travel for the LAN Finals and 343 covers travel for Worlds?

Why would they be interested now? Next Worlds event is right around the corner... why WOULDNT they be interested now? Prime opportunity.

If an organization takes 10% and in the BEST case scenario their team comes in first at worlds and wins 1 million, that's only 100k. The players are salaried at least 1.5k each on a top squad per month. In 12 months that's 72k, then if there are 3 LAN events in that 12 month span that orgs have to pay for, that's at least 10k. So in the absolutely best case scenario an organization loses money.

Pleeeaseeee

I've been scouring the YouTube and can't find one. 

I don't think people are butt hurt, people living in nostalgia land with new people running an org isn't enticing for those that want to see the scene to grow for the future. I think most would like to see an established org added.

After the whole 100 Thieves thing in CoD, I'm not holding my breath. Hell, this could be an incredible step to grow the scene but the only thing they have at this point is the name..which MLG and the players at the time made famous...in 2006.

But hey, I'm the asshole.

---------------

This. It's a new world in esports compared to the glory days of old. Things are moving very fast and require threading a needle to rise to the top. Hopefully Str8 Rippin is run by competent people and is able to rise to the top because I love the name and logo. 

The argument is simply that outside of the prize pool Halo has nothing to offer. Hecz isn't sat at the event thinking about the potential prize money they're going to win, it's inconsequential to his business which will largely be subsidized by advertising deals.  

I think the top tier teams make more than 1.5k each for sure, but I do not think that is the standard across the board. 

I agree with you there, but the prize pools / official league structure seem to apparently be good enough for huge orgs to jump in. So my point here was, there are plenty of positives involved to jump in, and they have been jumping in, why would it be unreasonable to expect a bigger org? It isnt really. 

For those that may confused about my pov on the name and stuff. You may see it as hate or whatnot, it isn't.

I look at this like the Atari brand. it was popping off in the 70's-80's and was amazing for gaming. Today, Atari is still around but been sold over and over and turned out under-performing games for the last few decades. The name has serious legacy and nostalgia, but we haven't seen much from them since the glory days.

It's awesome to have a new org, but let's not just look at the name and get excited...yet. Let's see what the guys are made of first before we go gaga over this.

As always, I really wish it works out for Halo and the community. Best of luck to the guys on the team too.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I should have seen this coming months ago. I had asked T2 if id ever be able to buy Str8 Rippin gear and he said his version of "soon".

Why cant i add admins non-believers to my ignore list?  :simms:  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Bit early to judge whether this is going to be good or bad for the scene.. but people are right, I'm nostalgic, and I'm hyped.

But I can't even watch their series today. Thanks, math class.  :mj:

Bit early to judge whether this is going to be good or bad for the scene.. but people are right, I'm nostalgic, and I'm hyped.

But I can't even watch their series today. Thanks, math class.  :mj:

How exactly would a new org be bad for the scene?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Since you asked nicely... :lxthul:

PS: My opinion is org's (outside of Optic) aren't going to magically grow the scene. Be real, TSM/C9/etc aren't going to make any real impact to Halo player base, viewership, advertisements, or anything really. The game is the only way to do it (get people wanting to play it). The game has to have positive buzz and word of mouth.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i havent bought any team skins because i didnt think they are worth the money but i would spend the money in a heartbeat for Str8 Rippin skins/apparel

I wonder if the return of str8 will mean the return of dr pepper as a sponsor.

And i get the apprehension. It would be nice to have an org like optic who produce 2-3k viewers during their matches, but having an org whose roots are formly in halo could be amazing for the scene. Maybe they can lobby for better settings and formats. Dunno but its fun having that name back. It feels like a step towards mlg

• Upvote (+1) 1