CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

How the hell are the gears LANs going to avoid being shit shows if there is truly no xb1 LAN support?

Gears is the only game on XBL with true LAN support, Ultimate Edition has it as will GoW 4.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Gears is the only game on XBL with true LAN support, Ultimate Edition has it as will GoW 4.

im 100% sure halo 6 will have true LAN question is when will that come

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JukX1JgsNs

watched that amazing hour long best of halo 3 main stage montage again. Trying to figure out what made halo 3 so much more hyped and i honestly think its the slower more methodical gameplay. a double kill in h3 means so much more than a double kill in h5. Really hate how much longer you get to get multi kills now tbh. its like 5 seconds in h5 right?

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's really annoying that CLG is the only team that scrims nearly every night. Halo pros need to step it up, you can make so much more money in a year now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JukX1JgsNs

watched that amazing hour long best of halo 3 main stage montage again. Trying to figure out what made halo 3 so much more hyped and i honestly think its the slower more methodical gameplay. a double kill in h3 means so much more than a double kill in h5. Really hate how much longer you get to get multi kills now tbh. its like 5 seconds in h5 right?

I think it's a combination of a few things.

• The announcer talks too much
  • The medals don't look nearly as good
  • The multi kill timer is 5 seconds 
  • It's easier to get kills in Halo 5
  • Halo 5's movement abilities allow for multi kills to not mean as much because as soon as the players are up, they'll be in your face in seconds.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

It's really annoying that CLG is the only team that scrims nearly every night.

No they aren't.

E6, LG, and TL have all been scrimming whenever they can find an opponent for the night.

Ok, so people have been saying its has been a system limitation.

This suggests that it was a policy issue...

How does the coalition get around rules that 343i can't. It's crazy that they could invest so much $ into Esports, but not push for this fundamental function.

I think it's a combination of a few things.

• The announcer talks too much
  • The medals don't look nearly as good
  • The multi kill timer is 5 seconds 
  • It's easier to get kills in Halo 5
  • Halo 5's movement abilities allow for multi kills to not mean as much because as soon as the players are up, they'll be in your face in seconds.

i think this is why i have been so unimpressed with h5 montages. Only one that blew me away was Kampy.

• Upvote (+1) 2

i think this is why i have been so unimpressed with h5 montages. Only one that blew me away was Kampy.

agreed. I judge a good tage on if it makes me get hyped to play halo

Kampy's was awesome. Parts of Spartan's were good too i thought, but yeah most h5 tages are just boring to me

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey guys, I'll be doing an AMA on reddit.com/r/halo tomorrow afternoon around 3pm pacific. I thought this would be a good chance to expose some of the noobs over there to competitive Halo. I'll be answering all questions ranging from "why are you the problem" to "tits or ass." Hope to see some of the Beyond fam there!

Good idea. I'll try to tune in. 

I thought this would be a good chance to expose some of the noobs over there to competitive Halo.

You should definitely call them all noobs tomorrow. That'll bring the viewers in, without question.  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 6

agreed. I judge a good tage on if it makes me get hyped to play halo

Kampy's was awesome. Parts of Spartan's were good too i thought, but yeah most h5 tages are just boring to me

The plays in Ace's were ok. Some were better than others. Actually I sorta liked the added in graphics like Enemy Below and the graphic circle following the nade better than a lot of the plays.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I really liked Ace's montage. I really enjoy Sniptality's editing. The clips were mindblowing, but he also wasn't pub stomping (except that one clip against w0uld :kappa: ). 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Most of the community isn't going to spend $1000 on airfare, hotel, and food to fly to the west coast.

There are cheeper ways to fly, I can find something for under 500 dollars for a plane ticket to cali and I live outside the US, USVI So I'm on the islands in the middle of no where and I'm getting this done with 8 dollars an hour income. If you want it bad enough or want to support bad enough you can just show up. when it comes to Halo Idc what the price is I'll pay it. even sell my soul to the devil that's how passionate I am about showing up to events and supporting as a player or a spectator.... 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The plays in Ace's were ok. Some were better than others. Actually I sorta liked the added in graphics like Enemy Below and the graphic circle following the nade better than a lot of the plays.

Ace's felt over edited to me. All the flashing lights and glares were unnecessary imo although yeah I did enjoy some of the minor fun things snipetality added. I also dont get why it was 14 mins long. Just cut those "average" triples. None of the plays stood out to me really and the best part was Ace getting ninja'd.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm interested in the strategic team change from Optic (or whatever teams end up in 7th/8th) halfway through Pro League assuming they can do that again like last season. The right moves there could destroy teams that would've potentially beat them in relegation if it comes to it.

This is just so tragic.........

I could write a 10,000 word on how stupid this decision but I just can't be bothered. I give up, halo will never recover with 343 at the helm.

stop supporting them, stop watching tournaments, stop buying reqs, stop playing their game, stop supporting this company.

Really bro, because you don't like someone you influence everyone who loves the game you grew up to love telling everyone else to quit it and stop supporting it. Halo saved my life and I'll never stop supporting it and if you have a problem with how things are run. There is other helpful uplifting ways to help out but it would be a hustle and a lot of work if you really wanted that change not posting Hate mail on something that you love but just may not be going your way at the time.  I love Halo and I live in the United States Virgin Islands and I haven't been able to attend any MLG Halo events I had a chance to and got fucked by family and many other things but my 8 dollars an hour will get me to Las Vegas with no complainants. IG Daytona was my first event a lot of shitty things happened during that event but I still showed up and support the game that I say I love so much... If you want to be heard build yourself up gain a following and make the connections to speak with these people directly and pitch your ideas as a person who matters. Also there are many things we don't know about that could be happening behind the scenes that aren't for the public eye or ears. This shit is also money bro its not give the community whatever they want. I know it sucks but its what ever attend this event and spread your voice loudly at the event about what you like and how you feel they could improve then your a support who show up even if it was hard so now there more likely to be aware of this and bring it the east cost sooner than later but if all just blind hate and rage If I was them I might just make you wait longer out of spite. Be professional about it and don't just throw out all the negative stuff off the table first compare the good and the bad and let them know where there going right and now what they can do better. Simple, I live on island in the middle of no where so it doesn't really matter to me if it was west or east cost I just plan to show up either way and for all the other Competitive players out there just because this event is cali that should be no excuse to why you can't go, If I can hustle my ass off to get there with no help from family you can do the same. As for views who just want to watch and Support I understand your struggle more.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Before we focus on "What the community can do"

the focus should have been/ALWAYS be on:

"What can we do to provide the easiest route for the community TO support our program". 

Providing a program with roadblocks and then asking what everyone is going to do to get around these roadblocks is kind of backwards.

Most people will not spend $1k-$2k to fly from the east coast/midwest, hotel, food, etc. to watch a Halo event in person, or even compete for that matter. It has been proven, the data is there from countless MLG events.

I want the Halo program to be a success - for Halo Open events, locations actually matter and have a huge impact on competitors and attendance. 

This is what I call advice, instead of the negative stuff give solutions and proven thoughts that work. :fire:

• Upvote (+1) 1