CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Does Str8 Rippin as an org actually have any money behind it like the other orgs because isn't the point of orgs for paying for the players travel, salaries, etc

T2 makes more than your dad.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Rainbow Six Siege

Personally I wouldn't mind Overwatch. 

I didn't even know people played that game. First time ive ever seen it mentioned when talking about esports lul

I didn't even know people played that game. First time ive ever seen it mentioned when talking about esports lul

I totally forgot this game existed.

I don't really keep up with it, so I'm not sure how its doing at the moment. I think it has pro league on PC and Xbox (as in two leagues) 

R6?

Rainbow Six. They have an Xbox Pro league atm. 

Thats a lot of $$$ to be in all of those games at once. Baby steps!

I meant eventually obviously lol. Just some of the titles I think Str8 Rippin would be accustomed to and help grow the org. 

I come back from dinner and Str8 Rippin is back.

My teen years returned.

Also my signature doesn't require anything new.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Did you miss the $2.5MM Halo Worlds Event and constant Pro Leagues? If these orgs have it contracted that they receive "x" amount of prize winnings, they are doing pretty well. Especially with Halo's lack of LAN events, its pretty cheap to sponsor a Halo squad. 

Why would they be interested now? Next Worlds event is right around the corner... why WOULDNT they be interested now? Prime opportunity. 

You're paying 4 guys ~$1.5k minimum monthly then all the other shit that comes along with it on the hope that they place top4 (ideally top2) at a single event.

That's taking for granted that the Org takes a decent percentage of the prize winnings EDIT; in the Noble debacle, 15% was to the org. In other big esports, CSGO comes to mind, they actually don't take prize money from the players. I would imagine for the bigger Orgs (the ones people are wanting to come into the space) it's actually not a priority other than to grow their brand / legacy. 

I haven't seen much about str8 rippin, but I have a feeling that nadeshot bought the str8 rippin name and is using it for his new org. His last one, 100 thieves was a terrible name no he knew it after everyone starting saying 100L's

I remember seeing him tweet something about a very big announcement in the next couple of days.

if this was Nadeshot's new org it would be a CoD team, wouldn't it? look at his twitter, his sponsored g-fuel flavour was probably the announcement.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're paying 4 guys ~$1.5k minimum monthly then all the other shit that comes along with it on the hope that they place top4 (ideally top2) at a single event.

That's taking for granted that the Org takes a decent percentage of the prize winnings EDIT; in the Noble debacle, 15% was to the org. In other big esports, CSGO comes to mind, they actually don't take prize money from the players. I would imagine for the bigger Orgs (the ones people are wanting to come into the space) it's actually not a priority other than to grow their brand / legacy. 

$1.5k minimum (each) is 100% false. 

The other things you described are called "basic risk" which comes with the territory of owning any team, doesnt even have to be in eSports. The better an NBA team the more money they make from all angles.. ticket sales, merch, sponsors etc. The better an eSports team the more sponsors, merch sales, etc. Its all the same underlying risk and principle. 

Also Noble is one of the "scab" orgs who had much bigger problems than taking 15% of prize winnings.

Halo has a lot of money in the pools and event programming compared to other games, the COD community last year was so upset that our worlds event had a 2x+ bigger prize pool. I am not really understanding your argument here. The numbers are right there to look at! 

I am not saying grabbing a Halo team is an automatic WIN for every org, but it isnt as desolate as you are describing, which is basically my only point here. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Cod Modern Warfare and Str8 return in the same night. I must be dreaming. Now I need a H3A and a Triggers Down+Instinct return.

There is more than likely going to be a Spring Pro League.

Why do you say that?

I don't think I can go through another pro league season with the game and tournament structure in the state it's in.

$1.5k minimum (each) is 100% false. 

In the context of 1) a team that could / would bring you home the money and 2)  they're a 'top org' that isn't going to lowball talent. I could be wrong but are any of the top teams (EG / Liquid / Optic etc) under that value?

The other things you described are called "basic risk" which comes with the territory of owning any team, doesnt even have to be in eSports. The better an NBA team the more money they make from all angles.

Halo has a lot of money in the pools and event compared to other games, the COD community last year was so upset that our worlds event had a 2x+ bigger prize pool. I am not really understanding your argument here. 

The argument is simply that outside of the prize pool Halo has nothing to offer. Hecz isn't sat at the event thinking about the potential prize money they're going to win, it's inconsequential to his business which will largely be subsidized by advertising deals.  

I hope Str8 Rippin is operating like an org. now instead of just a team name for the players, otherwise, this shouldn't be a big deal. When I think of Str8 Rippin, I think of the players that made it special. To name a few, T2, Fonzi, Foulacy, Defy, Legit, Elamite, Neighbor, and Snipedown

• Upvote (+1) 1

What is wrong with you people? I would have never thought people would get butt hurt over Str8 Rippin becoming an org.

Agreed. I'm so happy it's Str8 instead of a TSM, C9, Fnatic, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 3