CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Do people actually think LOL is gonna become Str8 Rippin rather than join an actual org?

Welp.... I'm an idiot. I still think it makes no sense.

• Downvote (-1) 5

Same. I have more Twitter followers than Str8 Rippin. But having a logo and "org" is nice enough for me. 

I dont really fault anyone for that, when Str8 Rippin was at its peak (placement wise) social media was not as important as it is right now.

Probably will grow pretty quickly.

I'm not sure Str8 Rippin starting an Org and picking up a promising team is what i would call "meh". Sounds like pretty big news as Halo goes.

Well compare, EG, Optic, Luminosity announcements to this one. Yeah Str8 Rippin brings some nostalgia back, which is fine. Was just expecting a little more firepower for this hype, a TSM for example.

Can T2 run an org and be employed by ESL at the same time?

Didnt that one guy in LoL, own a team and cast, Monte Cristo or whatever. I dont think it has anything to do with ESL but comparable. I dont really see why not? Maybe there would be an issue if his team lost or he wouldnt properly analyze them on stream if they made mistakes, who knows.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To be honest people have been spoiled with all the bigger Orgs coming into Halo. It's a household Halo brand that's run by people passionate about the community. They won't be looking to duck out or fuck people over, only grow the scene.

Not really, these orgs are here for the pro league money and million dollar events, no idea how that can be seen as spoiled, Halo is at the point money wise where it would be odd if these organizations were not here.

Not unreasonable at all to expect an already established organization. As far as the duck and run part, we have really only seen that with "scab" orgs in Halo. I think the only sketchy "big" one has been C9 who pops in and out all the time.

Would have preferred an actual org

Yeah but at least you won't have to pay their tickets to LANs now.........wait.....

Seriously, I'm about as pessimistic as it comes with Halo atm but even i think it's pretty exciting str8 rippin appear to be an org of some kind.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Now, if @@Tsquared can get the Resident Sleeper Ace on some Dr. Pepper bottles or Heinz on some ketchup bottles that would be :weback:

APG on some Mr Noodles packages

• Upvote (+1) 5

Not really, these orgs are here for the pro league money and million dollar events, no idea how that can be seen as spoiled.

Not unreasonable at all to expect an already established organization. As far as the duck and run part, we have really only seen that with "scab" orgs in Halo. I think the only sketchy "big" one has been C9 who pops in and out all the time.

They're after the exposure, no one is making bank from the prize pools. A lot of Orgs took a gamble that Halo would stand toe to toe with some of the better esports, from the viewing figures this obviously isn't the case so outside of passion and interest in the community why would they be interested now?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ill take this over TSM every day of the year. TSM is one of those C9-ish orgs that would bounce at the first sign of trouble.

Passion only goes so far, like it or not, but these eSports teams are a "business". Teams need to make money obviously, and starting an org in Halo is a risky play as it is (imo) as the scene isnt fully what it once was. 

I am assuming T2 (if thats who owns it, doesnt matter to me really) needed partners to come in on this in order to support players (assuming they are getting a salary, travel, etc.), attitudes can change pretty quickly if you are hemorrhaging money.

I wish them the best of luck and hope everything works out, would be cool to see them hit the ground running in Halo and another game like CoD perhaps. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I haven't seen much about str8 rippin, but I have a feeling that nadeshot bought the str8 rippin name and is using it for his new org. His last one, 100 thieves was a terrible name no he knew it after everyone starting saying 100L's

I remember seeing him tweet something about a very big announcement in the next couple of days.

• Downvote (-1) 4

I'm really pumped they are now str8 rippin instead of going with a big org. Same way I'd be more excited for the final boss name to come back than any other org. To be honest, no org(other than optic) coming into the halo scene would make much of a difference at all in terms of viewership/fanbase. Good choice by them.

• Upvote (+1) 3

They're after the exposure, no one is making bank from the prize pools. A lot of Orgs took a gamble that Halo would stand toe to toe with some of the better esports, from the viewing figures this obviously isn't the case so outside of passion and interest in the community why would they be interested now?

Did you miss the $2.5MM Halo Worlds Event and constant Pro Leagues? If these orgs have it contracted that they receive "x" amount of prize winnings, they are doing pretty well. Especially with Halo's lack of LAN events, its pretty cheap to sponsor a Halo squad. You hardly even have to worry about travel support with 98% of the league being online. I am also pretty sure ESL covers travel for the LAN Finals and 343 covers travel for Worlds? 

Why would they be interested now? Next Worlds event is right around the corner... why WOULDNT they be interested now? Prime opportunity. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Passion only goes so far, like it or not, but these eSports teams are a "business". Teams need to make money obviously, and starting an org in Halo is a risky play as it is (imo) as the scene isnt fully what it once was. 

I am assuming T2 (if thats who owns it, doesnt matter to me really) needed partners to come in on this in order to support players (assuming they are getting a salary, travel, etc.), attitudes can change pretty quickly if you are hemorrhaging money.

I wish them the best of luck and hope everything works out, would be cool to see them hit the ground running in Halo and another game like CoD perhaps. 

I'd like: 

Halo

Gears

Rocket League

CoD

R6

Pretty much all the console (besides RL) esports would be a smart investment. 

I'd like: 

Halo

Gears

Rocket League

CoD

R6

R6?

Does Str8 Rippin as an org actually have any money behind it like the other orgs because isn't the point of orgs for paying for the players travel, salaries, etc

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd like: 

Halo

Gears

Rocket League

CoD

R6

Thats a lot of $$$ to be in all of those games at once. Baby steps!

• Upvote (+1) 1