CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Correct! Map win % is the first tiebreaker though I think... don't quote me on that though I know nothing

hqdefault.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

They do for sure, but they shouldn't even have to get top 4 to prove how good they are on LAN.

#8TEAMSEASONFINAL

#10TEAMSEASONAND8TEAMSEASONFINAL

@@charas @@Bad Dub

How're you guys getting the Damage stat because there's a big difference between these numbers. (Also Rayne's kills are different too).

mjiSEnc.png

Is this the only series that doesn't match? Was the only one with a replay I think.

Is this the only series that doesn't match? Was the only one with a replay I think.

The damage stat is so fucked and misleading anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have been seeing this more and more lately, and I have become that person. I have lost interest in watching Halo 5 competitive play. I don't know what happened, but something just seems off. I don't think it is the radar, or even spectator mode. I think I burnt myself out, and I guess now is a good time to stop since hopefully I will be hyped for World's. 

Edit: Reflecting briefly back on it, I think it is due to lack of transparency on 343's part. Even more so, I think it has to do with lack of reaction on 343's part from Pro's and Viewers on what we want to be in the competitive scene (MLG involvement mainly).  

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

EG is on a 7 game L streak, if they lose vs LOL it's very possible they end the season on a 10 game L streak

EG is on a 7 game L streak, if they lose vs LOL it's very possible they end the season on a 10 game L streak

EG needs Theo Epstein to break their curse!  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 6

I would love it if they could expand the Pro League to include 10 teams instead of 8, with the top 8 teams going into the playoff final and the bottom 2 playing in relegation. Also, I think brining back the points system would make things very interesting. Instead of determining seeds based on w/l, you determine points based on the individual map w/l.

For example: If E6 vs. LG goes 3-2 in favor of E6, E6 gets 3 points and LG gets 2 points. While LG still takes the loss, which hurts them in the event of a tie, they still get some credit for winning 2 maps in the series.

Seed positions are determined by points (obviously) and game w/l breaks the ties. This would not only make every match a contentious affair, but teams would have to scrap for every map to gain points (increase in competitiveness). The top teams would be more inclined to try and 3-0 other teams because it helps separate them from the rest of the field. This also allows for there to be HCS implications at the Open LAN events as well. By switching to this kind of points-based system, we can decrease some of the volatility of the w/l system where you can have one team contending for the top 4 seeds have a bad week and drop into/close to the relegation zone.

As for the playoffs... with a 10 team league we can still have the 8 team playoff bracket and still have a relegation tournament for the bottom 2 Pro League Teams and top 2 Challenger League teams. I think there was an argument given by @@Timo that if they do an 8 team playoff with the current format, that would create the possibility of a relegation team winning the Pro League final. While unlikely, it is a possibility. By expanding the overall Pro League to 10 teams, we can have both 8 team playoff bracket and separate relegation tournament which satisfies our need for a true playoff bracket while being fair to the teams who grind all season in Pro League. 

While I don't expect the points system to be implemented (it would be cool if it was), I think ESL should take a hard look at expanding the league by 2 slots. It would make for a much more exciting and competitive Pro League in the long run, and provides more opportunities for AM players/teams to rise up to the next level. 

Maybe then the orgs will want to stick around 

• Upvote (+1) 2

No, the others are wrong too.

Contra's damage on HaloDataHive is 9171.56

Contra's damage on Halo5Arena is 9706

He also has 73 kills on DataHive and 71 on h5arena

• Upvote (+1) 1

Off topic but I found this cool lol

Neighbor and Tashi are competing in one of the last tournaments (an in person one) for street fighter 5 until capcom pro tour finals

• Upvote (+1) 2

Tomorrow :kappa:

Should be today. Everything got slowed down/pushed back because ESL was busy with things pertaining to Mobstaz's passing. 

promise feet are not being purposely dragged, there's just things that have to happen before it can be announced.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Should be today. Everything got slowed down/pushed back because ESL was busy with things pertaining to Mobstaz's passing. 

promise feet are not being purposely dragged, there's just things that have to happen before it can be announced.

Don't you work for Liquid?

You heard it here first folks, LOL -> Liquid, current Liquid dropped :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 6

He did this work for Ace's team separately from his work from Liquid.  He still does graphics for anyone who asks.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I work for Liquid and eUnited, as well as team LOL's new org.

I am not bound to work for any single organization, I make sure of that before I join any because I enjoy helping communities and brands grow.

Edit: Didn't see Tibby's post. He is correct. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

I work for Liquid and eUnited, as well as team LOL's new org.

I am not bound to work for any single organization, I make sure of that before I join any because I enjoy helping communities and brands grow.

Edit: Didn't see Tibby's post. He is correct. 

Please not Denial

Please not Denial

Please not Denial