CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Sorry, I don't have enough followers on my Tumblr account so I posted it here instead.

What you posted was fine. I, for one, appreciated it. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

i love when stuff like this happens because all the idiots reveal themselves

anyways... EU pro league in a few hours, day 1 of the last week

• Upvote (+1) 5

i love when stuff like this happens because all the idiots reveal themselves

anyways... EU pro league in a few hours, day 1 of the last week

TWO STREAMSSSSS

y0WoekR.gif

• Upvote (+1) 8

It shouldn't be "for the most part", it should only be LAN

Private Servers versus LAN:

LAN advantage: Don't need to have the private server in order to host the event.

Private Server advantage: No host box.

I havnt been on the forums in days someone give me a TLDR of what has happened?

The entire forum is in a competition to prove that they are the most offended by something ninja said. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The entire forum is in a competition to prove that they are the most offended by something ninja said. 

Ah well thats just wonderful, being offended in 2016 LUL

Private Servers versus LAN:

LAN advantage: Don't need to have the private server in order to host the event.

Private Server advantage: No host box.

Host box with < 5ms ping all the time is nbd obvs.

If they could update the halo app to have a "LAN Client" that could host games, that would be great.  Something that independent TOs could use, but also no host box.  real LAN would still be better for ease of use though.  its not worth over-complicating things for a ping advantage less than 5 ms.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What the heck did you just flipping say about me, you big meanie? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Tiny Tots Program, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on the girl's bathroom, and I have over 300 confirmed noogies. I am trained in Nerf warfare and I have the most gold stars in the entire kindergarten class. You are nothing to me but just another butthead. I will beat you the heck up with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my dang words. You think you can get away with saying that baloney to me on the glowy type-box? Think again, doodiehead. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of teachers across the USA and your parents are being called to pick you up right now so you better prepare for the spanking, junior. The spanking that wipes out the dumb little thing you call your playtime. You're in big darn trouble, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can wedgie you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed fartfights, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States PTA and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your dorky bottom off the face of the playground, you little poopypants. If only you could have known what serious punishments your little "smartypants" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your goshdarned tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you silly doofus. I will spray boogers all over you and you will cry about it. You're frickin grounded, buttmunch.

This must be what it was like to go to Pre-school with E6

Host box with < 5ms ping all the time is nbd obvs.

If they could update the halo app to have a "LAN Client" that could host games, that would be great.  Something that independent TOs could use, but also no host box.  real LAN would still be better for ease of use though.  its not worth over-complicating things for a ping advantage less than 5 ms.

Ping isn't the only advantage/disadvantage hostboxes had.

Ping isn't the only advantage/disadvantage hostboxes had.

I know, but its the most streamlined explanation of simple concepts that don't really require technical explanation or a wall of text to convey. It doesn't effect the take-home message in any way.

Personally I think ninjas impression was ignorant. His kermit/Aries impression is really good as is his aussie. Cratos sounds nothing like that, he's clearly salty as hell.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Cratos during the event:

After the event:

Even if Ninja's joking, it's clear hamfisted racism is not "okay" by Cratos.

Is it a joke? Yes.

Is it funny? Subjective.

Is it a good idea to make a joke that can be potentially construed as racist the weekend after an entire Twitch chat was making inaccurate racist jokes about a player to the point that player complained about it on social media? No.

Tasteless move from Ninja.

There's also the matter of context, which a lot of people will miss out on.  But I will make an analogy that should probably make it more clear.

If you flame an individual on here, you can get your post deleted or yourself banned.

I roast myself on here often, but I'm making the joke about myself so it's okay.  It doesn't magically make it okay for other people to directly insult me.

Simms came on here one day and dropped a line that was completely dry, not overt sarcasm.  It didn't read as a roast, it read as an insult.  I messaged him privately talking about how it wasn't okay... not because I felt insulted (I didn't, I know he's British and understood he was being sarcastic.)

The reason Simms' comment wasn't okay that day is because people who don't pick up his intention will see it and think, "Oh, it's okay to openly and flagrantly insult TiberiusAudley."  Simms is an "authority figure" around here, even though he's not a moderator or administrator.  If people see him doing something and it's deemed okay, they can think it's okay to do it themselves.  But what they miss is the context or nuance behind Simms' comments and just openly post insulting remarks.

There was already a situation this weekend where Twitch chat was making tons of Mexican racist jokes about Cratos.  It clearly bothered him, as he made a remark about it on Twitter.  Then, the most popular Halo Twitch streamer comes along and makes a Mexican racist joke about Cratos.  Even including "I was robbing the corner store."  Ninja is an "authority figure" -- he's a pro player and popular streamer with a large audience.  By him making those jokes, it makes his audience think it's okay for them to make that joke.  Because many of them miss the context that some of you are posting: Ninja was doing it for entertainment value and to be funny.  The audience that miss that context, as well as the Twitch chatters that were active during UGC, are doing it because they are shitheads.

Still, ill-advised.  (I also laughed at the Razer "S my D" tweet, but them tweeting it in the first place was still a bad idea.)

Amazing post and 100% agree.  I can't believe I just said that but I guess there is a first for everything.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I woke up to this forum, and am for once in my life, more happy to bitch and whine about Pro League than to gauge how much everyone's offended by Ninja's comments. Grow up and learn to take things in stride.

We have Halo to watch in a few hours. Can we whine about that instead pls?  :uncledrew:

• Upvote (+1) 2

talkin smack

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the MS Paint school, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Halo Waypoint, and have over 300 confirmed memes.

I am trained in russling jimmies and I’m the top quoter in the entire HCS shit-posting force. You are nothing to me but just another PNG. I will wipe you the fuck out with a blur tool the likes of which has never been upvoted before on this forum, mark my fucking words.

You think you can get away with saying that shit to me without a VIP profile? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am accessing my secret network of meme folders across the USA and your mother's face is being traced right now so you better prepare for the gifs, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your rep bar. You’re fucking done, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can meme you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my cracked copy of Adobe Fireworks.

Not only am I extensively trained in the Magic Wand, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Imgur and Gify databases and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your premium ass on the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “copypasta” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking quote.

But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the #intel, you goddamn idiot. I will shit downvotes all over you and you will drown in it.

You’re fucking dead, stickko.

• Upvote (+1) 8