CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You really shouldn't post clips of beating up geriatrics.

they wound up winning the game  :walshy:

LOL I love ninja's impressions.

Also, fyi Cratos didn't shake EG's hand at the end of the series at UGC :/

Yeah I totally agree- someone not shaking hands means talking like a bastardized caricature of his ethnicity is cool  :thinking:

literally can't stand Cratos at all, but that speaks to Ninja's immaturity no matter how you slice it.

edit: Obviously Ninja isn't racist. I *do* however think it was ill-advised.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Yeah I totally agree- someone not shaking hands means talking like a bastardized caricature of his ethnicity is cool  :thinking:

literally can't stand Cratos at all, but that speaks to Ninja's immaturity no matter how you slice it.

I'd say the not shaking hands thing is worse.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 3

https://www.gofundme.com/funeral-expenses-a-daniel-frontera

almost 6k now.

and fwiw, i like that cratos doesnt shake hands with people he doesnt like. no fake shit. You talk trash, things arent going to be sweet just because the game ends.

And that's terrible sportsmanship. There is a reason that people not shaking hands is a big deal in the sports world (and in the premier league makes the news) because it's not just a statement of respect to the opposition. It's also a statement of respect to the sport you play, the fans watching and the rules of the game.

If you're going to talk trash in game that's fine, but have the confidence to say that the game is over and you respect them for playing.

Edit: it's also a statement of respect for those who are in theory, your peers - look. Cratos may Hate EG for some reason but Roy and lunch helped pave the way for him being able to do what he does.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Get your own Simms :(

You got open LANs and 2 streams a week, leave us our Simms.

Im not even trying to be a negative asshole. But the hype is not there. Seems like they're just there for the check with no interest for the game at all. I know that isn't the case obviously, but it's that....I dont want to say bad because they obviously know Halo in and out. But they just seem bored

Its true that they dont go hype in the same way Simms or Strongside do/did (and i love me some hype) but i dont feel they are bored or boring in the slightest.  Personally i can still feel their enthusiasm and their in game analysis is great.  One of the things i enjoyed about OC was having strongside back.  I think he works much better as the 'support' caster and would work really well as a tri cast with Elamite and T2.

On another note pulse and vws got absolutely demolished in scrims by FabE yesterday.  Not sure whats happened to pulse, they looked so strong earlier this season but i dont think they are likely to get out of relegation.  It all hinges on the pulse v vws series tonight.

Yeah I totally agree- someone not shaking hands means talking like a bastardized caricature of his ethnicity is cool :thinking:

I don't think he was implying what Ninja did was justified by Cratos rather that the lack of sportsmanship was the catalyst. And he's just talking Bullshit with his teammates, what's the big fucking deal?
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't think he was implying what Ninja did was justified by Cratos rather that the lack of sportsmanship was the catalyst. And he's just talking Bullshit with his teammates, what's the big fucking deal?

He's being a racist piece of shit in front of thousands of Twitch viewers, while representing Twitch as a company partner. If he hadn't been streaming at the time it wouldn't have been a big deal.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 12

For most of these

3ce5c588e86f5ae086049750e3f7c949daf7cee0

This is how I feel about it. A win is a win a loss is a loss.

NV and Optic are consistently better than everyone else at getting the job done, that's the stat that matters most.

and I'm not convinced that expansion teams would fair any better than the leagues current bottom two when it comes to that.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Its the same in any sport, players/competitors make stupid comments as jokes which then make it through social media to fans/spectators and they often get punished for it or at the least issue an apology.

Calling Cratos a douche on stream is one thing but this clearly had racist connotations which makes it far worse.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

And that's terrible sportsmanship. There is a reason that people not shaking hands is a big deal in the sports world (and in the premier league makes the news) because it's not just a statement of respect to the opposition. It's also a statement of respect to the sport you play, the fans watching and the rules of the game.

If you're going to talk trash in game that's fine, but have the confidence to say that the game is over and you respect them for playing.

Edit: it's also a statement of respect for those who are in theory, your peers - look. Cratos may Hate EG for some reason but Roy and lunch helped pave the way for him being able to do what he does.

This is sentimental nonsense. Cratos and stellur have problems that were deeper than in game. What if cratos doesn't respect them? Why should he feign it? This whole idea of sportsmanship is absurd. They aren't kids. And most handshakes are cursory horsehit that have no well meaning behind them

And lmao at roybox paving the way. They weren't running events nor were they helping grow the scene by being big streamers.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 9

This is sentimental nonsense. Cratos and stellur have problems that were deeper than in game. What if cratos doesn't respect them? Why should he feign it? This whole idea of sportsmanship is absurd. They aren't kids. And most handshakes are cursory horsehit that have no well meaning behind them

And lmao at roybox paving the way. They weren't running events nor were they helping grow the scene by being big streamers.

Why do you think people who don't shake hands when they lose get called bad losers? Or when winners don't shake hands with the losers they get called arrogant? The handshake is a way to respect the result as well as the event.

Roy and lunch did help pave the way. So did all the old pros. Cratos is helping to do it now, even if he's doing it in a way I personally dislike. Gotta pay your dues to those who came before you.

It simply comes down to professionalism.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You shake hands as a sign of respect towards your peers. MMA fighters beat the shot out of each other and they still shake hands/hug at the end. If you mean to tell me Cratos somehow is so above something as simple as that then you are insane. If you aren't gonna act professionally towards your peers then you deserve the backlash. It's not about liking someone.
  • Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They pushed an expansion announcement until tomorrow... as T2 said, "Hmmmmmm..." :thinking:

Damn I was hoping for WFX Cloud 9 or eLevate.

Any pro's at UGC, how did the servers "feel" I know it wasn't true LAN, but given the solid connection did things feel snappy and consistent or was it just like scrims and online league?

• Upvote (+1) 1