CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Kinda Late but I'd like to thank UGC and everyone involved in organizing this event, these guys really do have a passion for Halo and it shows in their work. Hopefully 343 takes notice and works with them at some point. It was one of the most exciting and nostalgic events Halo has had in a while, great job guys.  - FFA champ :kappa:

Ladies and Gentlemen, Top AM Ryno.

• Upvote (+1) 4

*sum up of casting*

You and @ did a great job between matches and were pretty good during them as well as previously mentioned. If I had to point out 1 game to look closer at would be Empire SH during Truce v EG. That was definitely one match that struck me as could be better.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yesterdays scrims. FabE seem to be taking yesterdays practice a bit more serious with no players streaming.

pFUxnXk.png

• Upvote (+1) 3

Snip.

Elamite used to get hosed pretty hard when he was with strongside if i remember correctly. Walshy got his fair share of people saying the he always looks like he's about to crap his pants. Don't view the hate as legit criticism buddy. You did great and will only get better. Hell just look at @@Phade. He got tons of crap the first night of hcs oc and was able to really elevate his casting and community standing by calling out hate but also using legit feedback. Just find the constructive feedback (including your own) and try your best to improve upon it

• Upvote (+1) 3

Who would of thought I would see a Red Dwarf gif.

I know, had to give it an up vote just for that.

Yesterdays scrims. FabE seem to be taking yesterdays practice a bit more serious with no players streaming.

pFUxnXk.png

I watched a few matches from Septiq's stream and FabE are really starting to click as a team.  I can honestly see them sweeping through the games this week and finals with very few games dropped.

Elamite used to get hosed pretty hard when he was with strongside if i remember correctly. Walshy got his fair share of people saying the he always looks like he's about to crap his pants. Don't view the hate as legit criticism buddy. You did great and will only get better. Hell just look at @@Phade. He got tons of crap the first night of hcs oc and was able to really elevate his casting and community standing by calling out hate but also using legit feedback. Just find the constructive feedback (including your own) and try your best to improve upon it

Although i think certain casters could have been better, overall the quality was pretty good.  I do really like that fact that UGC gave a lot of new a people a shot at casting.  

Its no different than playing in some respects, to begin with your attention is almost entirely focused on the 'now' on your screen (hitting the shots, getting the stronghold etc) but as time goes on this becomes easier so you can concentrate more on other aspects such as timing power ups, maps positioning etc.  I feel that the more people cast the easier it will become to analyse gameplay in greater depth (as long as the effort is put in of course)

Edit:  Fixed a typo  :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know, had to give it an up vote just for that.

I watched a few matches from Septiq's stream and FabE are really starting to click as a team.  I can honestly see them sweeping through the games this week and finals with very few games dropped.

Although i think certain casters could have been better, overall the quality was pretty good.  I do really like that fact that UGC gave a lot of new a people a shot at casting.  

Its no different than playing in some respects, to being with your attention is almost entirely focused on the 'now' on your screen (hitting the shots, getting the stronghold etc) but as time goes on this becomes easier so you can concentrate more on other aspects such as timing power ups, maps positioning etc.  I feel that the more people cast the easier it will become to analyse gameplay in greater depth (as long as the effort is put in of course)

Yeah I think they will go undefeated this week in pro league. Vibe could put up a fight if they play like they did in their first few games again FabE last night. Its a big week for many teams.

I still can't believe alg choked vs e6. Unreal. I don't know what it is with them and game 5s

I still can't believe the god spawn that cratos got right under stellur after EG clutched the end of that slayer game.  I don't blame stellur for not looking cuz how in the hell does the game think that's an appropriate spawn at that point?

@@W0uld just totally ignore the twitch chat like @@TheSimms said.  Just pay attention to the folks here and other casters.  Twitch chat is straight aids.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I still can't believe the god spawn that cratos got right under stellur after EG clutched the end of that slayer game. I don't blame stellur for not looking cuz how in the hell does the game think that's an appropriate spawn at that point?

@@W0uld just totally ignore the twitch chat like @@TheSimms said. Just pay attention to the folks here and other casters. Twitch chat is straight aids.

I wasn't able to watch but keep hearing about the Cratos spawn, can some one explain please?

i could have casted better and i am going to keep working on it. 

sucks because i rarely under perform in life when it comes to this kind of thing. i always practice so much. i know it was a twitch chat and when anyone besides walshy and elam were on we were getting roasted but still i wish i would have been good enough to not get roasted at all. Maybe that is setting a high standard im not sure. 

Dude, you are being way too hard on yourself.  I thought you did a great job.  I thought that you were more eloquent in your speaking than a T2 or Walshy, even though their knowledge of the game is superior--however, that is expected from them.  Given the expectations of your casting abilities going into the event, you exceeded them.  Furthermore, you will keep getting better the more you cast.  You can practice as much as you like, but you'll grow more from the actual events you get to cast, which seems to come few and far between for Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks Austen! Great job on the event by the way, the setup was really nice.

Greatly appreciate it man, it was a full team effort! The heart and passion P5 and UGC share for halo and the community is unbelievable, as like UGCMatt always says it's our grass roots.

I will be the first to admit there was small mistakes on the broadcast, but overall it was one of the smoothest broadcasts I've been apart thus far. I believe the team I had working with me as I was producing/directing was killing it, from the floor with @@PROVERB to production the event was a huge success and I can't wait to see what UGC does in 2017!!

Appreciate the support man!!

• Upvote (+1) 6

I wasn't able to watch but keep hearing about the Cratos spawn, can some one explain please?

Basically Stellur sniped Cratos in loop from bottom market and proceeds to rotate back to top snipe with 1 dead teammate and the other 2 in Cafe. E6 has 1 dead (in Cratos who was just sniped), 1 top mid and 2 in Tram/loop/yard area. Stellur gets top snipe and looks loop about to move to help his teammate in flowers who are getting collapsed on and Cratos somehow spawned bottom snipe lift... It was basically a sum up of how shitty the H5 spawn system works. His death ended up being the reason they won instead of lost if that makes sense

• Upvote (+1) 6

Basically Stellur sniped Cratos in loop from bottom market and proceeds to rotate back to top snipe with 1 dead teammate and the other 2 in Cafe. E6 has 1 dead (in Cratos who was just sniped), 1 top mid and 2 in Tram/loop/yard area. Stellur gets top snipe and looks loop about to move to help his teammate in flowers who are getting collapsed on and Cratos somehow spawned bottom snipe lift... It was basically a sum up of how shitty the H5 spawn system works. His death ended up being the reason they won instead of lost if that makes sense

That spawn is brutal, you basically have to be on top of that location to prevent that spawn it seems.  

Isn't there some juicy intel being released today?  I missed most of the forums yesterday so I don't know what is being announced.  Someone fill me in?

i could have casted better and i am going to keep working on it. 

sucks because i rarely under perform in life when it comes to this kind of thing. i always practice so much. i know it was a twitch chat and when anyone besides walshy and elam were on we were getting roasted but still i wish i would have been good enough to not get roasted at all. Maybe that is setting a high standard im not sure. 

i did only cast 4 times which i am super grateful for. i understand i was at the bottom of the totem pole.

wish i would have gotten the chance to cast with elam of walshy so i could really learn the ropes i casted with knighty all 4 times which is fine it gave us a chance to build chemistry as casters and he is an awesome and easy to talk to dude. 

for sure felt like trey and valen did not want to cast with me which is cool they had lots of money matches stuff to handle and promote and were there for business not new friendships completely understand.

part of me thought i should have been more assertive when asking for more time, but i did not want to cross the line or make anyone mad.

edit ive been sitting here up for 37 hours straight now finally laying down watching rebroadcasts after work. should probably not read too far into this.

My Critique would be I felt you werent looking at the camera enough. You were constantly looking down at the monitor infront of you which means we were looking at the top of your head alot of the time.

I would put alot of the rest of it down to nerves and experience. With practice you will become more comfortable on camera, you will waffle less (talk unrelated nonsense) and generally offer more insight.

Its always best to be prepared I think. Have a little list of topics wrote down, Q cards,  in front of your to talk about between matches. I remember watching the beginning of the FFA finals and you two struggled for small chat, because ye both could not think of a topic. This would help, and its such a little thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I think they will go undefeated this week in pro league. Vibe could put up a fight if they play like they did in their first few games again FabE last night. Its a big week for many teams.

The FabE v Vibe series should be amazing, really looking forward to it.  Im expecting a 3-1 FabE win overall but i think the games will be close on the whole.  Second place is going to be down to the wire though, Its all going to hinge on the Thursday series between infused v vibe.  If infused win 3 - 0 tomorrow and vibe lose to FabE 3 - 1 then vibe need to win 3 - 0 against infused on Thursday to get second place.  Its going to be a very interesting week.

Really hoping for a prophecy win though.

• Upvote (+1) 1