CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Really great tournament. Shoutout to UGC for that. Can't wait for Las Vegas, hopefully PGL was taking notes

• Upvote (+1) 4

Then you wouldn't have been able to stand T2 or Gandhi back in the H2 days

That statement almost makes it sound like you get to decided what I can stand?

great tournament UGC, let's hope for more to come! and for more pro teams to attend next time!

Anyone else more concerned that, as good as the event was, only about 30 teams showed up? Not sure how much financial incentive there is for UGC to host another one. 

Edit: I should add that I wasn't too surprised about the turnout either, it being so close to Vegas makes it difficult for AMs to go to both. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Been lurking for a while and finally decided to make an account. Wow that was an amazing tournament! 

On a side note I'm hoping for H3A anniversary to be announced at E3 to be a launch title for Scorpio next year with a PC release to bring back the popularity of Halo.  

• Upvote (+1) 4

Really pleased with how this tournament turned out. i didn't realize how much I missed crowd reactions to sick plays. Hopefully the growth continues so we can get a bigger turnout in the future. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really pleased with how this tournament turned out. i didn't realize how much I missed crowd reactions to sick plays. Hopefully the growth continues so we can get a bigger turnout in the future. 

That'll depend on the location and tournament organizer, but I'm happy to see that the grassroots scene is still alive. 

What do you guys really expect a bunch of humans to do when they can anonymously say whatever they want? It sucks and it isn't right but they obviously don't care. The only thing we can really do is ignore/ban them and move on. The tournament itself was great though. Its always good to see people playing in the same venue and to hear the trash talk. Bonus points for not having to deal with spectator mode.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone else more concerned that, as good as the event was, only about 30 teams showed up? Not sure how much financial incentive there is for UGC to host another one.

Edit: I should add that I wasn't too surprised about the turnout either, it being so close to Vegas makes it difficult for AMs to go to both.

We most likely saw the top am teams come out to this. I wouldnt be surprised if we see a team like panda or most wanted enter the pro ranks by the end of the season

Friendly reminder folks

Is it actual racism or racial jokes? because playing with sterotypes/making racial jokes (all races) can be hilarious like when i post #StopWhitePeople when snip3down cringe dances

P.S i'm not white (it shouldn't even matter obviously)

• Upvote (+1) 1

What do you guys really expect a bunch of humans to do when they can anonymously say whatever they want? It sucks and it isn't right but they obviously don't care. The only thing we can really do is ignore/ban them and move on.

Actually, I disagree. We're all gamers, and we know how toxic the community can be. That doesn't mean we have to just chalk it up as a loss and say it's a futile effort. I've been in positions dealing with lots of people from different backgrounds, upbringings, cultures, etc, both in real life and online. When it comes to people being racist, exclusionary, and generally all around douches, the trend I've noticed is that if it's just brushed aside as "that's how people are," then the issues persist. But when there's a consistent effort by the more "rational" (personally I wouldn't put it in quotes, as it can be scientifically and logically proven that nationalism, racism, etc, are pure BS tribal, unsophisticated animal responses) people of the population to combat the ignorance, gently and gradually, then the overall behavior shifts to a much better and more socially responsible one. It's really just ignorance and a lack of empathy for others. It should be consciously opposed.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Was able to catch bits and pieces of UGC this weekend

• Production seemed great, I really liked their graphics and the broadcast was run fairly well
  • I can't say their choice of casters was the best. Not naming anyone in specific because I know there were a lot, but it seemed like many had little to no Halo 5 experience, some with little casting experience altogether. Some were great, of course.
  • ALG losing that 13-0 Regret Slayer lead broke my heart
  • Upvote (+1) 6

Just got back from the tournament.  First time I ever attended a Halo tourney (and maybe my last unless UGC comes back).  

Great to see @@W0uld @walshy @@Elamite  in STL

I didn't go all fanboy and intro myself to everyone, but still had a great time :-)

• Upvote (+1) 7

The turnout wasn't 'concerning' it was to be expected given the circumstances. Unofficial event sandwhiched between two official events, and running concurrently with an official online tourney. The deck was stacked.

They really did set the bar. If only H5 had proper LAN support, I imagine we could have had events like this closer to launch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What's the closest a Cratos team has come to beating a Lxthul team in a LAN final?  

That one online cup where ALG took a forfeit win and won the breakout game in the grand finals.

edit: didnt see LAN 

<p>

Was able to catch bits and pieces of UGC this weekend

• Production seemed great, I really liked their graphics and the broadcast was run fairly well
  • I can't say their choice of casters was the best. Not naming anyone in specific because I know there were a lot, but it seemed like many had little to no Halo 5 experience, some with little casting experience altogether. Some were great, of course.
  • ALG losing that 13-0 Regret Slayer lead broke my heart

I love watching am teams beat pro teams. Competitive halo needs more up and coming teams to be able to prove themselves.

• Upvote (+1) 1