CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The number of teams attending is kind of depressing... I thought everyone wanted open events?

The prize pool and location are not bad so what's the reason for this?

I dont think UGC did much to advertise it that I am aware of.  

• Downvote (-1) 1

When I saw the pictures I thought "yeh that looks cool, I'm glad this is a thing" rather than trying to take a shot at something else. Also it's normal for outside events to push the envelope in terms of production for esports with established scenes.

Are you implying that it's an unfair comparison? Or that we simply shouldn't compare one thing to another?

The number of teams attending is kind of depressing... I thought everyone wanted open events?

The prize pool and location are not bad so what's the reason for this?

Im choosing to look at it from a different angle. A non-sanctioned event sandwiched just a few weeks between 2 others with less lead time has more teams than the official OC event. I firmly believe that if true lan support were available and some totally doable things are ironed out Halo could be a force again.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

i love to hate Cratos and i hate to love him in that interview but god damn i cant fault him for the trash talk

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

When does the stream for UGC start?

Not sure, right now its just round 1 of the open braket.  Not sure they are going to cast all the AM games, but I hope they at least cast this evening.  

open bracket is double elimination so there is going to be ALOT of games to play.  

Are you implying that it's an unfair comparison? Or that we simply shouldn't compare one thing to another?

I just don't get why everything has to be a sly dig, especially when it's universally positive in this case where we're getting an externally ran open LAN. It's just feeding negativity for no real reason, bums the fuck out of me.

When I saw the pictures I thought "yeh that looks cool, I'm glad this is a thing" rather than trying to take a shot at something else. Also it's normal for outside events to push the envelope in terms of production for esports with established scenes.

If an unofficial event is putting up better production than your official events, you have a problem. Not to mention the open communication and feedback UGC has taken from the community.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

NA Week 5 Pro League Stats

EnVy:

tUZ4AYH.jpg

Optic:

K9f9aUD.jpg

Liquid:

AJ2CV8g.jpg

Luminosity:

qlaPgqv.jpg

Enigma 6:

5bK7o7G.jpg

Evil Geniuses:

8MUmx2N.jpg

LOL:

w5GSBla.jpg

Allegiance:

I66wd1S.jpg

Also just arrived at UGC and am making this post from on-site  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 4

I Junkrat main as well :simms:

<3

If an unofficial event is putting up better production than your official events, you have a problem. Not to mention the open communication and feedback UGC has taken from the community.

As true or untrue as that statement might be what we current have, like right now, is an event to be enjoyed. From reading the last few pages I've been reminded;

• Is ESL is doing shit.
  • This event is better than the first open event.
  • This event still has a low turnout.
  • Advertising for the event brought into question.
  • Oh and once we had a table that was too small #neverforget

Leaves me super hyped to watch the event.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i love to hate Cratos and i hate to love him in that interview but god damn i cant fault him for the trash talk

I think he's savage, but it was at least a little funny to think that e6 is a whopping one place ahead of EG and has not exactly been excelling. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So UGC is actually is on LAN since IIRC the only time dev names are used is on LANs.

Those are UGC's accounts. Not dev accounts