CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So Destiny is running a Halloween event where "Trials of Osiris" has no Radar (also no revives).

I gotta get my tinfoil hat back because I feel like we're getting trolled by Bungie...

Bungie doing what Bungie does best, troll.

this isnt a 343 sanctioned event

starts at 2:30 today

does UGC have their own twitch channel?

sorry for all the ?s but i'm in the middle of a bunch of stuff with my students. 

does UGC have their own twitch channel?

sorry for all the ?s but i'm in the middle of a bunch of stuff with my students. 

https://www.twitch.tv/ugc

---------------

As for the controller talk, had my Elite for about 8 months or so now and like it a lot. Not sure if $150 is the right price tag, I think $120 would be more fair. Also make sure if you live in USA you get a $20 warranty from Best Buy like others have said. You could always try your luck with Microsoft stores too.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ironically, the Elite may be better because it actually breaks so often that you'll be able to constantly use the 3 month warranty from certain stores to get a new one.

The controller meta. Who would've thought.

snip

who are the pro teams going again? all I see is EG on the teams list on their website.

edit: also how is screen peaking not going to be an issue for the ffa?

who are the pro teams going again? all I see is EG on the teams list on their website.

EG, 3/4 nV+Lethul, ALG, E6

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is it confirmed that Lethul is running with nV? Didnt Randa say it was him TJ frosty and eco?

Nevermind just saw the rosters

is 343 having a bad influence on E$L?

is it the other way?

is E$L tanking?

is E$L over?

is @ going to save esports?

FHlYB9u.jpg

s6MQdgB.jpg

VSpxkDf.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not sure about the time but i heard Lethul will be subbing for Mikwen, not 100% sure though.

On another note, the community update is up on waypoint and its pretty short but in it an improved spectator experience is mentioned for an upcoming update!  Dont want to get my hopes up too much but damn this could seriously improve pro league if done right.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/guardians-gratitude-halo-5-s-first-year 

That wasn't the community update for the week, that's today. 

NkaYBy8.jpg

y

Further anecdotal evidence:

Had my Elite controller for over 9 months, haven't had a single problem with it.

I will warn you that the Elite joysticks are much more sensitive. I went down a sens level just to simulate the same as a normal controller. And if you headcase about settings, NEVER venture into the elite controller app - they've got like 10 sensitivity curves and more.

I've had three Elites in a year, two of which broke from bumper issues (and I was told that it was because I was pressing the bumper too much, lol) and the third had an issue with the right stick that made aiming near impossible. 

All three returned and I'm sticking with a standard controller for a while.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And I have had my Scuf for over a year with zero issues. Everyone will have a different experience no matter which is used man. 

Ya I get that, and it was my point. I saw a number of posts saying scuf > elite, felt that the elite deserved at least one post in its defense since I've had a great experience with it.

When the unofficial event has a better setup than official events..

When I saw the pictures I thought "yeh that looks cool, I'm glad this is a thing" rather than trying to take a shot at something else. Also it's normal for outside events to push the envelope in terms of production for esports with established scenes.

The number of teams attending is kind of depressing... I thought everyone wanted open events?

The prize pool and location are not bad so what's the reason for this?

• Upvote (+1) 3

When the unofficial event has a better setup than official events..

#neverforget

iidEkHe.jpg

The number of teams attending is kind of depressing... I thought everyone wanted open events?

The prize pool and location is not bad so what's the reason for this?

Legendary cup 6 is this weekend also. this event isn't technically "LAN". people just generally don't play this game much nowadays. lots of reasons.

• Upvote (+1) 1

is 343 having a bad influence on E$L?

is it the other way?

is E$L tanking?

is E$L over?

is @ going to save esports?

FHlYB9u.jpg

s6MQdgB.jpg

VSpxkDf.jpg

I can see why ESL put the CSGO Pro League finals in Brazil; but jesus this is annoying. Maybe it is the venues where they choose to have these events. I was at the ESL One event in Brooklyn and there was a similar issue that occurred on the first day and put the entire event behind schedule by 45 minutes. I love the large arena atmosphere for Esports and it is really cool to experience in person; but I can't imagine that an arena in Brazil is anywhere near equipped to handle an event like this. 

Scuf > Elite

Scuf lasts longer, has better paddles, and has better thumbsticks. Elite's require a warranty because they always break in like a month. Go for the Scuf.

I love my Elite but the left thumb stick has now become loose. I GENUINELY believe this is due to excessive t-bagging.

I regret nothing.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The prize pool and location are not bad so what's the reason for this?

Everyone does want open events, but due to a mixture of the game being mediocre and on top of that broken with ghost melees and what not, I wouldnt expect many more teams than this to attend any H5 open event. Unless MLG throws one, then people would go just because it's MLG.

• Upvote (+1) 1