CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I dont think the problem is skill/mechanics/lack of time playing Halo. They just dont have good chemistry to be honest and I dont think Ninja fits well with Roy and Lunch. EG (imo) has never really looked good. Even if they won all the game 5's I still dont think I would consider them a top 4 team..never really in sync with pushes and always seem to be fighting individual battles and trading constantly..I think T2 mentioned it last night but I guess the best way to put it is it looks like they are all just trying to do too much individually..I can recall specifically one time when Roy was absolute and thrusted out while top snipe and tried to no scope someone on red window..just stupid shit like that and it seems to happen on a consistent basis 

1. Multiquote as stated above  :flip:

2. I did mention chemistry as a main factor, but I watch Ninja play a lot and his mechanics could be better. These spartans are practically parkouring around and you will see him miss jumps and get caught up more than some of the best(frosty, suspector). Also Ninja may be the worst pro at using the rockets I swear lol. That's just Ninja. I don't see the others streams so Im unable to tell. Again, I think that is less of this issue as well, but it is part of the problem.

So Destiny is running a Halloween event where "Trials of Osiris" has no Radar (also no revives).

I gotta get my tinfoil hat back because I feel like we're getting trolled by Bungie...

• Upvote (+1) 5

So Destiny is running a Halloween event where "Trials of Osiris" has no Radar (also no revives).

I gotta get my tinfoil hat back because I feel like we're getting trolled by Bungie...

Going to play this weekend to get that emblem. Looks sick.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks Bungie. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Scuf > Elite

Scuf lasts longer, has better paddles, and has better thumbsticks. Elite's require a warranty because they always break in like a month. Go for the Scuf.

Ironically, the Elite may be better because it actually breaks so often that you'll be able to constantly use the 3 month warranty from certain stores to get a new one.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ironically, the Elite may be better because it actually breaks so often that you'll be able to constantly use the 3 month warranty from certain stores to get a new one.

Lmao what a terrible feature. I'd like to see an official ad about that perk :simms:

Lmao what a terrible feature. I'd like to see an official ad about that perk :simms:

I've had my elite since last December and it still works perfectly. Whereas the 2 scuffs I've had have broken within 2 months each.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've had my elite since last December and it still works perfectly. Whereas the 2 scuffs I've had have broken within 2 months each.

SCUFFED

SCUFFS

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lol I guess we shouldn't continue the Elite vs. Scuf debate in this thread, BUT I've owned both and here are my opinions.

Elite has better build quality (in terms of material, I only had it for a month, so I don't know about durability), better customization, and superb integration (The customization in the Xbox app). The Scuf has much better paddles (imo), great aesthetic customization options, and some good grip options.

I returned 2 Elites within a month because I COULD NOT AIM with them. The sticks were too frictionless or something, but I just couldn't figure it out. Note that the Elite is a different controller, including sticks, from the ground up. The Scuf is a "scuffed up" regular Xbox controller. So when I couldn't figure out my aim on two Elites (returned 1 cuz I thought it was defective, turns out I was defective), I switched over to Scuf. The Scuf has been sent back two times for paddle repairs (within warranty), but otherwise, in 3 months, I'm really happy. I'd love a hybrid Elite build with Scuf sticks, paddles, and grips.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Started playing  a few weeks back Destiny, need friends to play with... Also, the aiming is gewd in that game compared to H5. Also, Destiny has more Arena Playlists than H5 does.... and I get games faster.

Played H5 yesterday after a couple week hiatus, no longer can aim.

Also, used the Xbox accessories app to remap my controller to make Destiny have the same controls as Halo Bumperjumper.

as a halo fan. this sucks. 

this sucks. 

no roybox at finals for the second straight time. 

this sucks.

I meant to upvote this.  I agree Feelsbadman

• Upvote (+1) 1

And I have had my Scuf for over a year with zero issues. Everyone will have a different experience no matter which is used man. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Im on my 4th Elite. Left bumper detached from the left side on my first 3 all within about a month. 3 month warranty is up on my 4th so im screwed if it happens again 

People keep saying this.

2 year warranty- Best Buy, $20 Elites for life after the first one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People keep saying this.

2 year warranty- Best Buy, $20 Elites for life after the first one.

I wish I'd done this. I got my elite with the Elite Xbone, and it was a headache to get the controller replaced after 8 months of use. I talked to 4 different reps in the online chat, and finally got one that agreed that it's outside the warranty since it was purchased in a bundle with the console. Would've definitely been easier to just get it from Best buy with their warranty.

On topic: I'm really pulling for LG to win out and take the 4th spot. I've always been a big fan of Victory and Naded. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wish I'd done this. I got my elite with the Elite Xbone, and it was a headache to get the controller replaced after 8 months of use. I talked to 4 different reps in the online chat, and finally got one that agreed that it's outside the warranty since it was purchased in a bundle with the console. Would've definitely been easier to just get it from Best buy with their warranty.

On topic: I'm really pulling for LG to win out and take the 4th spot. I've always been a big fan of Victory and Naded. 

Yeah actually my first two even broke within the 90 days, so I got immediate replacements and kept a new 2 year warranty for free.

If you're devious, you may even decide that $150 is so much for a controller that it may just have to "break" ever 85 days or so. I don't need to though. My bumper gets fucked into oblivion by 90 days every time.

Further anecdotal evidence:

Had my Elite controller for over 9 months, haven't had a single problem with it.

I will warn you that the Elite joysticks are much more sensitive. I went down a sens level just to simulate the same as a normal controller. And if you headcase about settings, NEVER venture into the elite controller app - they've got like 10 sensitivity curves and more.

• Upvote (+1) 2

1. Multiquote as stated above  :flip:

2. I did mention chemistry as a main factor, but I watch Ninja play a lot and his mechanics could be better. These spartans are practically parkouring around and you will see him miss jumps and get caught up more than some of the best(frosty, suspector). Also Ninja may be the worst pro at using the rockets I swear lol. That's just Ninja. I don't see the others streams so Im unable to tell. Again, I think that is less of this issue as well, but it is part of the problem.

I know i messed up not using multiquote but yeah that one rocket on coli lol terrible