CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Prolly not place but serious question..

SCUF or Elite controller? I've heard arguments from both sides

I'm looking at $200+ for SCUF I want or deal for $130 for Elite new in box

Bruh, why limit yourself to two options? While these are the two most popular options out there for Xbox One, they are not the only two that exist. Instead of going with one or the other, try researching into other custom controller makers. To name a few: Cinch Gaming, Battle Beavers Customs, Sharq Controllers, and Evil Controllers all create similar products to the Scuf/Elite for roughly the same price. In cases like Battle Beavers Customs, they include customization options that Scuf does not offer which may interest you. An unfortunate reality is that there are design flaws (namely, the design of the bumpers) that you cannot get around by buying a Scuf, Elite, or any other controller that uses the base model XB1 design. If the bumpers break on a regular XB1 controller, they will break on an Elite, Scuf, etc. The only way around those limitations is to purchase a non-MS controller (Power A and PDP to name a few. You can find them in Best Buy). 

Full disclosure: I am a Scuf owner. Scuf, as well as the other custom controller services, will allow you to send in your current controller to be customized. I had a spare controller laying around that came in the bundle with my Xbox. In total, I spent $130 shipped with all of the bells and whistles included. Most all custom controller makers have this option and it saves you money. You just have to be comfortable being without your controller for 2 weeks. 

At the end of the day, do more research into controllers and don't just accept the "Scuf vs. Elite" options. There is a growing industry around custom controllers and the number of options are increasing fast. Check it out for yourself before you buy. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey guys, I'm really confused and need help confirming reality versus a dream world.

In his interview last night, Cratos stated that Enigma 6 didn't scrim for a month.

But in the stats I keep as Team Liquid's analyst, the largest gap I have is the week they traveled to Chattanooga where they got LAN experience as a team with Bee. After that week, they scrimmed without Bee for a week. And then they never had more than a 3 day period without a scrim.

Can someone help me reconcile the truth to fantasy so I know if I've been just making up stats?

I feel psychotic.

... :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey guys, I'm really confused and need help confirming reality versus a dream world.

In his interview last night, Cratos stated that Enigma 6 didn't scrim for a month.

But in the stats I keep as Team Liquid's analyst, the largest gap I have is the week they traveled to Chattanooga where they got LAN experience as a team with Bee. After that week, they scrimmed without Bee for a week. And then they never had more than a 3 day period without a scrim.

Can someone help me reconcile the truth to fantasy so I know if I've been just making up stats?

I feel psychotic.

Cratoes is an idiot
  • Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Cratoes is an idiot

Please use correct spelling with calling someone an idiot. You don't want it to backfire.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I feel psychotic.

Maybe Cratos has more to hide than the weak chin under that little chin puff.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I feel psychotic.

I wouldn't dig too much deeper than that. Don't want to lose your family.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel psychotic.

media controls the narrative, we don't have time for your silly facts

Cratos Bubu 2016!

• Upvote (+1) 6

Roybox are obviously individually skilled but they're really the only constant in EG's failures over the past ~10 months ... "washed" is inaccurate because they're just too good at Halo but their focus on H5 and their teamwork/strategy is not that of a top 4 team.  I really don't think it matters who their 3rd/4th are, tbh

• Upvote (+1) 4

I feel psychotic.

fmoJTX4.png

The solution is simple.  :simms:

• Downvote (-1) 2

E6 vs. LG is going to be so hype next week. Rooting for LG, but have a bad feeling about E6... they're only 1 player away from last season's #2 squad and could make a run at the end of the season again.

I feel psychotic.

Others just probably logged into their accounts from another xbox and played as them.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

E6 vs. LG is going to be so hype next week. Rooting for LG, but have a bad feeling about E6... they're only 1 player away from last season's #2 squad and could make a run at the end of the season again.

As a huge e6 fan, I have to point out that that "1 player" was Huke.

But, yeah, I think they're about to make a run.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Please use correct spelling with calling someone an idiot. You don't want it to backfire.

Cratos hasn't set the highest standard.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Im on my 4th Elite. Left bumper detached from the left side on my first 3 all within about a month. 3 month warranty is up on my 4th so im screwed if it happens again 

Really? That's unsettling

Scuf > Elite

Scuf lasts longer, has better paddles, and has better thumbsticks. Elite's require a warranty because they always break in like a month. Go for the Scuf.

Honestly, EG is 1 or 2 smarter individual plays from taking that series.

There was a couple times were a player forgot to reload before engaging a 1v1, or forgot to let their sheild recharge before sprinting out, or jumped out of a stronghold and allowed a reset, took a bad flag route, or chased an unneccisary kill.

I can't even say that they are bad mechanically, but individually they play as if their opponents aren't the best in the world. It good to be confident, but damn, respect the competition and the results will follow.

Ninja's clutch performance at the end of plaza slayer was in part because he knew when to get aggressive and when back away and let his team clean his kills.

I'm one of the biggest Ninja apologists and he did clutch up with some nice snipes on Plaza but he consistently made really questionable plays the rest of the series. Always seemed to be the one overextending, pushing out challenging when one shot, etc and giving E6 opportunities they wouldn't have had otherwise.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So tonight we saw Liquid start slow then dominate their series.

nV continues to struggle on Strongholds getting destroyed in one and pulling out the W in the second by making some clutch plays.

Optic is starting to look dominant again even against an excellent LOL squad that has taken even nV to game 5.

EG is such a bizarre situation and E6 somehow got a win. EG just doesn't sync well. T2 said it best, in that Coli slayer that snipe should have gone to the sniper and let Lunch do what he does best and not doing so is likely what lost them the game. Also someone on that squad needs to just run MM constantly with other pros and work on their flag objective because holy crap they looked so bad in that Coli flag getting into the base and then just not giving themselves opportunities to relay the flag by dying choosing to fight instead of paying attention to the flag. I get it, they're confident but there's a fine line between confidence and stupid plays and Roybox and Ninja are crossing that line series after series and it's cost them 3 series in a row now.

TL;DR    EG just needs to play together more and play smarter more rather than always just trying to OE and make hero plays.

Interesting note nV has yet to drop a single slayer since losing to Liquid in Week 1 Day 1. Currently 12:1

Yeah, I said it last night too..Lunch had pretty shitty positioning with snipe and really just sat stagnant on blue window..he finally rotated out to rocket street and got that snipe but like everyone else has said I think it would have been a different outcome if he handed it over to Ninja

ITT(not by all, but a few low effort posters):

Ninja plays too much H1Z1

Roybox are washed

Stellur does no wrong the kid is a national treasure.

IMO the Reality: The team had serious issues with strategy, chemistry(hardly seemed to be on the same page at times)(Vic may not have been the answer but his glue worked better than Stellur's with as little time as they had), and consistency. 

As far as Ninja goes, yes he could devote more time playing Halo to work on his mechanics. We saw tonight can still be a game changer when hot and make clutch plays. But streaming pays the bills just as much as Halo(Obviously more so considering his recent donos). Hopefully not making it to finals shakes up the way these guys prioritize things.

Not everything is so black and white. Stellur play well today at times, just like all of his teammates. But it's a team game. EG lost tonight, even Stellur helped them lose. 

I dont think the problem is skill/mechanics/lack of time playing Halo. They just dont have good chemistry to be honest and I dont think Ninja fits well with Roy and Lunch. EG (imo) has never really looked good. Even if they won all the game 5's I still dont think I would consider them a top 4 team..never really in sync with pushes and always seem to be fighting individual battles and trading constantly..I think T2 mentioned it last night but I guess the best way to put it is it looks like they are all just trying to do too much individually..I can recall specifically one time when Roy was absolute and thrusted out while top snipe and tried to no scope someone on red window..just stupid shit like that and it seems to happen on a consistent basis 

• Downvote (-1) 1