CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

what time does ugc start?

And who's subbing in for Mikwen?

Not sure about the time but i heard Lethul will be subbing for Mikwen, not 100% sure though.

On another note, the community update is up on waypoint and its pretty short but in it an improved spectator experience is mentioned for an upcoming update!  Dont want to get my hopes up too much but damn this could seriously improve pro league if done right.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/guardians-gratitude-halo-5-s-first-year 

Honestly, EG is 1 or 2 smarter individual plays from taking that series.

There was a couple times were a player forgot to reload before engaging a 1v1, or forgot to let their sheild recharge before sprinting out, or jumped out of a stronghold and allowed a reset, took a bad flag route, or chased an unneccisary kill.

I can't even say that they are bad mechanically, but individually they play as if their opponents aren't the best in the world. It good to be confident, but damn, respect the competition and the results will follow.

Ninja's clutch performance at the end of plaza slayer was in part because he knew when to get aggressive and when back away and let his team clean his kills.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sky bet! :)

Also I have insomnia so I thought may as well lmao

Searched the Skybet Esports section and don't see Halo. Customer Service also said they don't support Halo betting, link?

Also, what kind of odds are we talking for an Optic win? surely no more than 1.15?

Searched the Skybet Esports section and don't see Halo. Customer Service also said they don't support Halo betting, link?

Also, what kind of odds are we talking for an Optic win? surely no more than 1.15?

https://www.skybet.com/esports

the matches were on there but i guess they took it down since the week is over

or maybe microsoft caught wind

• Upvote (+1) 2

https://www.skybet.com/esports

the matches were on there but i guess they took it down since the week is over

or maybe microsoft caught wind

That's crazy, the only reason they allow betting on LoL, Dota etc. is because it's very tightly regulated. I'm surprised they're allowing real money betting on an online game that isn't stable or run to the usual standards you'd need to bet on an event. It used to be you could only bet on LANs and only for regulated games. Got a more thorough answer this time: Looks like it's not happening next week, would have been easy money. 

Kallum: Hi Ryan, eSports markets are not always guaranteed as we have to have the correct people in to be able to offer it and that are watching it live, i apologise if it is not on site, i can see if we are going to offer it if you like?

Kallum: Okay we do not offer odds on Halo betting im afraid, mainly just League of Legends and Call of Duty

Not sure about the time but i heard Lethul will be subbing for Mikwen, not 100% sure though.

On another note, the community update is up on waypoint and its pretty short but in it an improved spectator experience is mentioned for an upcoming update! Dont want to get my hopes up too much but damn this could seriously improve pro league if done right.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/guardians-gratitude-halo-5-s-first-year

I laughed pretty hard at the fact that when I clicked your link this came up...

rCGwoRG.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

h3 is trash so i havent played it since 07 tbh

would rather play cod than h3

:mj:

scufs are obscenely expensive

Pros use scufs cuz sponshorships. People complain all the time about them breaking and taking forever to get a replacement. Go first party and get an elite. They break just as often but at least you can Just by the 20 buck extended warranty so you can take it to the store and get an immediate replacement.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Honestly, EG is 1 or 2 smarter individual plays from taking that series.

There was a couple times were a player forgot to reload before engaging a 1v1, or forgot to let their sheild recharge before sprinting out, or jumped out of a stronghold and allowed a reset, took a bad flag route, or chased an unneccisary kill.

I can't even say that they are bad mechanically, but individually they play as if their opponents aren't the best in the world. It good to be confident, but damn, respect the competition and the results will follow.

Ninja's clutch performance at the end of plaza slayer was in part because he knew when to get aggressive and when back away and let his team clean his kills.

Most of the thing you mentioned could be alleviated by playing more period. IM sorry but the lack of creativity in practicing is grating. Getting on, scrimming 13 games in a row without any real repition is not going to get it done.

Same with watching film. If you cant pair it with situational repition you arent going to be able to pull it off in real time. The few times i have seen pros watch film on stream its been more about blaming someone for a single situation than getting better overall as a team.

Edit: im not even saying EG specifically, but teams as a whole. I wouldnt be surprised if the top teams do this already.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The problem with no radar is the lack of seeing people as @@LethuL pointed out.

i wouldn't call it a problem that you actually have to see someone to know where they are as opposed to your radar telling you that someone is below you as you crouch around with a shotgun. I know I've been brainwashed by years of better competitive Halo games but I tend to think that anything might seem too chaotic at first compared to gameplay where the number one team tells their main power weapon guy to "just crouch and stay alive".

Some of these people have been preaching for an entire year that we need to "adapt" to radar and then on their first no radar strongholds game they're saying how uncontrollable and chaotic it is.

• Upvote (+1) 6

what time does ugc start?

And who's subbing in for Mikwen?

Lxthul is subbing in.. I like to call them team E6 Took Mikwen  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Most of the thing you mentioned could be alleviated by playing more period. IM sorry but the lack of creativity in practicing is grating. Getting on, scrimming 13 games in a row without any real repition is not going to get it done.

Same with watching film. If you cant pair it with situational repition you arent going to be able to pull it off in real time. The few times i have seen pros watch film on stream its been more about blaming someone for a single situation than getting better overall as a team.

Edit: im not even saying EG specifically, but teams as a whole. I wouldnt be surprised if the top teams do this already.

I think all teams would benefit from practice regime that emphasized repetition and situational response more. The 13 gametype scrim does seem a bit arbitrary coming from someone whose been deep into traditional sports.

EGs struggles seem to be of a different though. Like the "mistakes" appear to be them employing the types of habits that they would pick up in matchmaking- Taking unneccisary, unfruitful risks simply because they believe they can, instead of because they should. Then there are things like jumping out of a stronghold or not sprinting while 1-shot that you'd think anyone w/ 1yrs experience w/ the game would avoid. Even though these guys do spend a lot of time doing non-halo things, they do spend more time with the game than most people, against the highest level competition.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wonder how that RoyBoxContraDevon lineup would have worked out..

I don't think much different. 

About EG: It is very disappointing to see the W slip out of their hands every single time. I like the team a lot. 

I laughed pretty hard at the fact that when I clicked your link this came up...

rCGwoRG.jpg

LOL i suppose it wouldnt be 343 if that didnt happen

I still have faith in this EG team I honestly feel they can be a top 3 team but I swear they need to play more often because not doing that is hurting them imo but honestly I don't blame them also because my god this game needs a change fast especially radar I feel it really kills them

In these league matches countless times I've seen them lose a great push just because someone is crouching around a corner for 10 hours it seems

• Upvote (+1) 1

scufs are obscenely expensive

Person said he's on his 4th elite, which are about the same price.

I have a feeling that after the Fall Season is over, there will be some huge changes.

I got that feeling after every single season...

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's happened like 439924782 times and everyone just insults each other and is really negative so no

Well, that's a shame.

Is there anywhere on this site that scores are posted? Would be nice if there was a pinned HCS results thread with scores, results, standing, stats, etc in it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1