CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I love Bungie and what's why I play Destiny almost everyday. Destiny has its problems, but fundamentals like shooting, grenades, melee, and other abilities work as expected. 

Still love my competitive Halo, but can't help but feel we're just a skeleton of what should have been a whale. 

Same here. Its sad to say that i have more fun playing Destiny than Halo now. Destiny on playstation 4 is what Halo used to be for me back on xbox 360

• Upvote (+1) 1

ITT(not by all, but a few low effort posters):

Ninja plays too much H1Z1

Roybox are washed

Stellur does no wrong the kid is a national treasure.

IMO the Reality: The team had serious issues with strategy, chemistry(hardly seemed to be on the same page at times)(Vic may not have been the answer but his glue worked better than Stellur's with as little time as they had), and consistency. 

As far as Ninja goes, yes he could devote more time playing Halo to work on his mechanics. We saw tonight can still be a game changer when hot and make clutch plays. But streaming pays the bills just as much as Halo(Obviously more so considering his recent donos). Hopefully not making it to finals shakes up the way these guys prioritize things.

Not everything is so black and white. Stellur play well today at times, just like all of his teammates. But it's a team game. EG lost tonight, even Stellur helped them lose. 

People try to defend EG's lack of practice outside of scrims but how exactly is playing less halo than ever before going to make them better? You cant be the best at something without making certain sacrifices in your life and EG is unwilling to do that.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So tonight we saw Liquid start slow then dominate their series.

nV continues to struggle on Strongholds getting destroyed in one and pulling out the W in the second by making some clutch plays.

Optic is starting to look dominant again even against an excellent LOL squad that has taken even nV to game 5.

EG is such a bizarre situation and E6 somehow got a win. EG just doesn't sync well. T2 said it best, in that Coli slayer that snipe should have gone to the sniper and let Lunch do what he does best and not doing so is likely what lost them the game. Also someone on that squad needs to just run MM constantly with other pros and work on their flag objective because holy crap they looked so bad in that Coli flag getting into the base and then just not giving themselves opportunities to relay the flag by dying choosing to fight instead of paying attention to the flag. I get it, they're confident but there's a fine line between confidence and stupid plays and Roybox and Ninja are crossing that line series after series and it's cost them 3 series in a row now.

TL;DR    EG just needs to play together more and play smarter more rather than always just trying to OE and make hero plays.

Interesting note nV has yet to drop a single slayer since losing to Liquid in Week 1 Day 1. Currently 12:1

• Upvote (+1) 7

Here's hoping E6 steal the 4th spot so I can jump on their finals bandwagon for the second straight season.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People try to defend EG's lack of practice outside of scrims but how exactly is playing less halo than ever before going to make them better? You cant be the best at something without making certain sacrifices in your life and EG is unwilling to do that.

Edit: I understand what you meant. That is what my post was directing towards as well. Hopefully they figure it out.

Honestly what Cratos said about Stellur was kind of scummy. You can mock me, you can steal my family, but when you attack Bee. That's when I get mad!   :salt:

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Anyone see a Ninja retirement coming soon? Doubt the stress is worth it anymore. Halo isn't doing him any good anymore, he makes more chilling and streaming. Whether he gets dropped or not, I don't see why he'd keep playing unless he was just having an absolute blast competing still, which I don't think he is.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

7/8 should still be at finals. If they win relegation, they start in losers bracket since not being relegated is their reward. 1/2 get byes, first round is 3/6 4/5.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Honestly what Cratos said about Stellur was kind of scummy. You can mock me, you can steal my family, but when you attack Bee. That's when I get mad! :salt:

How was it scummy? They have a rivalry going and it's good for the scene.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Why do people keep saying this stuff? Why are the expectations of him so much higher than other players? Cratos calls himself hot shit all the time but I don't see this level of complaining and negativity towards him when he loses (not that we don't roast him). I've never seen Ninja come out and say "I'm the best, we're going to win because we're the best". He's usually quite modest and enthusiastic.

He's probably still having fun, it seems to me he could take Halo off at any time if he wasn't enjoying it. I think he's fun to watch and he's a decent person, he does not deserve the backlash he gets.

I'm not even a Ninja fan, I just don't get why the poor bloke cops so much hate.

I don't browse the HCS thread that much, let alone team beyond as of late. I didn't know he got hate, I apologize if I sounded like I was hating on him or blaming him for EGs struggles.

It just seems like hes not having fun playing Halo 5. He doesn't matchmake all day like he did with other Halos. It seems like he's having way more fun streaming, and makes a heck of a lot more at the same time. So really it seems the only reason he would play Halo 5 over just streaming full time is if he was having fun, which doesnt seem to be the case. If he has a life goal of finishing first in Halo 5, then yeah, but is that even reasonable at this point?

It just seems like hes not having fun playing Halo 5. He doesn't matchmake all day like he did with other Halos. It seems like he's having way more fun streaming, and makes a heck of a lot more at the same time. 

Honestly, I think that's Halo 5's fault. Many, many players, members and pro's have expressed anguish at the state of Halo 5's matchmaking. Lag/ghost melee/aiming/unfair matches/left fireteam etc. etc. etc.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Prolly not place but serious question..

SCUF or Elite controller? I've heard arguments from both sides

I'm looking at $200+ for SCUF I want or deal for $130 for Elite new in box

Im on my 4th Elite. Left bumper detached from the left side on my first 3 all within about a month. 3 month warranty is up on my 4th so im screwed if it happens again 

Imagine Halo if Twitch was around when people used to play matchmaking for 8+ hours a day.

(I know JTV was a thing, I'm referring to Twitch in its current form and popularity level)

Imagine Halo if Twitch was around when people used to play matchmaking for 8+ hours a day.

(I know JTV was a thing, I'm referring to Twitch in its current form and popularity level)

And it's also that the technology has made it so much easier to watch AND broadcast. Sub-480p streams, shoddy connections, and if you wanted to stream, you needed to go out and buy a capture card and figure out how to use it with a computer. We've come a long way.

Why do people keep saying this stuff? Why are the expectations of him so much higher than other players? Cratos calls himself hot shit all the time but I don't see this level of complaining and negativity towards him when he loses (not that we don't roast him). I've never seen Ninja come out and say "I'm the best, we're going to win because we're the best". He's usually quite modest and enthusiastic.

He's probably still having fun, it seems to me he could take Halo off at any time if he wasn't enjoying it. I think he's fun to watch and he's a decent person, he does not deserve the backlash he gets.

I'm not even a Ninja fan, I just don't get why the poor bloke cops so much hate.

I don't hate the person, but the player is hard to stomach. He makes awful plays all the time (sometimes bails himself out with flashy stuff), then tries to dictate to his teammates what they're doing wrong. Has not adapted as a player in 5 years.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In the UGC Beyond thread this was posted, pretty sure Randa was either trolling or saying he would see those there and win?

I thought panda gaming was a joke from the song.had no idea it's a real org

Honestly, I think that's Halo 5's fault. Many, many players, members and pro's have expressed anguish at the state of Halo 5's matchmaking. Lag/ghost melee/aiming/unfair matches/left fireteam etc. etc. etc.

This never happened in halo 4, I honestly think they made h4 themselves, then with mcc and h5 they outsourced and now it's all messed up.

Im on my 4th Elite. Left bumper detached from the left side on my first 3 all within about a month. 3 month warranty is up on my 4th so im screwed if it happens again

I think it's time to try a scuf

Goddammit, just finished the VOD. Every week my wife says "I thought you said you were never rooting for EG again?"

• Upvote (+1) 5