CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Thanks for the update 343, not everyone's a hater here.

Very few people here are haters. They just can see the terrible job that 343 has done with supporting halo 5, unbelievably bad decision making in regards to not partnering with MLG, complete lack of transparency, etc. This list goes on man.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Very few people here are haters. They just can see the terrible job that 343 has done with supporting halo 5, unbelievably bad decision making in regards to not partnering with MLG, complete lack of transparency, etc. This list goes on man.

They have supported Halo 5, no they haven't done everything this community wants, but they have supported this game better than any Halo before it. There are problems, but the way they get blown out of proportion here get annoying after a while.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 10

They didn't get the cap here but still, this was pretty awesome.

This match has been really crazy. Awesome game.

https://clips-media-assets.twitch.tv/23507306240-offset-18242.mp4

Watched HCS week 5 Day 1 on twitch about an hour ago, the Liquid vs Envyus game was easily the best series of the day, arguably one of the best in the whole season. Just incredible to see such clutch plays, I almost wonder if more teams will try to do that route from now on.

Oh and thanks @@Moa for finding that out, I was about to say that its likely a complicated issue (anything that has to do with fundamental mechanics is likely difficult to fix) but its still great to hear from @Bravo 

Hey everybody, just thought we should try to be a bit more positive and proactive. There is so much meaningless complaining and feeling sorry for ourselves because the devs won't help us. We really have to try our best to take control. You want competitive halo, work for it. We won't have it easy so don't expect it to be that way. You want to save Halo? Go to events if you have the means, nag 343 (really let them know that you are upset while being respectful), or if you need to, create our own shit? There has to be a way without the devs. If we want Halo to succeed, we have to find a way and show passion.

Edit: Forgot to mention this. I checked the replies to ESL Halo's post saying Halo 5 was a year old and almost half the replies were negative. Whining on twitter to ESL Halo just makes us look bad. Complain to Bravo or Josh Holmes or 343. 

Edit 2: The negativity here drove me away from teambeyond :/ 

Edit 3: Funny how most people only addressed the part that said we should complain less :/

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Pretty difficult to be encouraged by this, to be honest. I'll always appreciate any communication, but these have been known issues pretty much from day one, and the server performance has had significant and well-known degradation over the last three months. Not to mention all of the other issues that have been plaguing the game.

A high-performing company would have acknowledged these issues a long time ago and looked to provide significant news and advancements for their one-year anniversary. I appreciate the five paragraphs and a REQ pack, but that's effectively the bare minimum.

Feeling extremely sad about the state of Halo right now. 

:mj:  

• Upvote (+1) 5

They have supported Halo 5, no they haven't done everything this community wants, but they have supported this game better than any Halo before it. There are problems, but the way they get blown out of proportion here get annoying after a while.

spectator mode is broken, the melee system is broken, and the servers are broken

that's no exaggeration 

most people here recognize everything 343 has done for competitive halo

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey everybody, just thought we should try to be a bit more positive and proactive. There is so much meaningless complaining and feeling sorry for ourselves because the devs won't help us. We really have to try our best to take control. You want competitive halo, work for it. We won't have it easy so don't expect it to be that way. You want to save Halo? Go to events if you have the means, nag 343 (really let them know that you are upset while being respectful), or if you need to, create our own shit? There has to be a way without the devs. If we want Halo to succeed, we have to find a way and show passion.

This community has heard this time and time again. We go in stretches of doing this, and nothing changes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

While I'm happy they have supported the game, let's not act like they are changing the game here. A lot of the DLC they added were stuff that should have been Day 1. Top on none of the new maps were good for the most part, still need to play Mercy more though.

I agree the DLC maps have been garbage, but the launch maps were better than Reach or Halo 4. Do I wish instead of Reqs they had focused on tuning Arena? Yes. Does all the work they put into the Reqs, Warzone, Forge, not count because it doesn't affect the competitive community? I don't think so. 343 still communicates better with this community better than Bungie ever did.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And while we’ve been busily supporting and expanding Halo 5: Guardians over the past year, we’re not quite finished. We still have more goodness coming down the pipe, including the ability to browse and join live custom games on both Windows 10 PC and Xbox One, the introduction of more maps into the Warzone Firefight rotation, new Forge canvases, an improved spectator experience, and more. In addition to new experiences and features for both Halo 5 and Halo 5: Forge, we’re also working on matchmaking and server improvements. Look for more details on what's still to come in the not-so-distant future.

Hey, at least they acknowledged the problems and said they are working on them.

• Upvote (+1) 2

spectator mode is broken, the melee system is broken, and the servers are broken

that's no exaggeration 

most people here recognize everything 343 has done for competitive halo

Maybe, but it doesn't seem it to me, albeit a casual forum browser. Especially today, I often see only the opposite.

No disrespect man, but is this not exactly what this forum does basically 24/7? 

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Maybe, but it doesn't seem it to me, albeit a casual forum browser. Especially today, I often see only the opposite.

you have to consider the context, last night wasnt a great night for halo

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has it been known for a while now that custom games browsing is in the works for H5 on console? There doesn't seem to be a lot of hype around it on reddit which seems weird.

Has it been known for a while now that custom games browsing is in the works for H5 on console? There doesn't seem to be a lot of hype around it on reddit which seems weird.

Your sarcasm is reaching such impressive levels it sounds like you're actually intrigued/excited by an upcoming feature.

• Upvote (+1) 3

We do, but every time we show proof the caster / poster always seems to dismiss it as some kind of fluke or sorcery.

And this doesn't even mention the tournaments you guys run (hell, you just created the no-radar invite out of thin air!), all the tweets guys send to Brav, Unyshek, and Tashi (almost always constructive and respectable btw), and just in general all the great ideas that come through this thread.

I feel for Brav and those guys because they only have so much control and are, in a lot of ways, the face of all this. And I do hope/believe he's coming in here and checking things out (if not logging in) and taking some of our feedback to the teams over there; he did at least like this tweet:

https://twitter.com/mikefacekillah/status/787041136800067584

• Upvote (+1) 7

And this doesn't even mention the tournaments you guys run (hell, you just created the no-radar invite out of thin air!), all the tweets guys send to Brav, Unyshek, and Tashi (almost always constructive and respectable btw), and just in general all the great ideas that come through this thread.

I feel for Brav and those guys because they only have so much control and are, in a lot of ways, the face of all this. And I do hope/believe he's coming in here and checking things out (if not logging in) and taking some of our feedback to the teams over there; he did at least like this tweet:

https://twitter.com/mikefacekillah/status/787041136800067584

I DM'd @@Bravo last Friday on twitter to see if he was having account issues (we did have a password reset issue earlier this year)

He never got back to me or even responded to it. Not sure what pushed him away, or if he's just busy. :huh:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Your sarcasm is reaching such impressive levels it sounds like you're actually intrigued/excited by an upcoming feature.

haha, ya

nothing gets past u audley

haha

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree the DLC maps have been garbage, but the launch maps were better than Reach or Halo 4. Do I wish instead of Reqs they had focused on tuning Arena? Yes. Does all the work they put into the Reqs, Warzone, Forge, not count because it doesn't affect the competitive community? I don't think so. 343 still communicates better with this community better than Bungie ever did.

Difference is Bungie actually put out 3 amazing halo games

• Upvote (+1) 8

Difference is Bungie actually put out 3 amazing halo games

People love to give Bungie crap for the lack of communication and whatnot, but they did awesome things like this back in the day

• Upvote (+1) 2