CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Remember this? :mj:

gamescom-2014-halo-channel-live-and-time

I really never understood what this was supposed to be for. I mean it never happened anyways, but what was the concept here? 

An odd version of spectator mode? 

A more streamlined version of multi twitch, where you can change POVS? 

I never really understood the point of this, just code a spectator mode. All this other stuff seemed like a waste of time.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

• Don't hate Snip3down too much for his actions as this is very common amongst all professional players. This leads me to say give organizations more power and require players to be in contact with their managers at all times so the teams aren't left out of the dark. It's unfair to their teammates and the organizations who are paying them salaries. 

what did snipedown do? I missed it. 

He got in trouble for speaking to Huke about joining nV without going through org management.

Edit:  100 Pages WHATT!?

Attempted to poach Huke from E6 while he was still under contract.

What every other pro normally does

He just apologized for it on behalf of EG

• Upvote (+1) 4

Full quote from website:

http://evilgeniuses.gg/Read/591,Halo-Roster-Undergoes-Changes/

"As we all know, Halo off-seasons can be a crazy time for professional players. Usually, many of us find ourselves scrambling to either solidify current or secure new rosters for the upcoming season, and unfortunately, in the excitement of this tumultuous period, I made a mistake. After the conclusion of Halo Pro League Season 1 Finals, I engaged in what could be categorized as an overreaching attempt to secure Huke as my teammate for the upcoming Halo Pro League Season.

On behalf of the Evil Geniuses organization and myself, I would like to sincerely apologize to the Enigma 6 organization for pursuing a contracted player without management being involved. I am very sorry for the lack of respect I showed along the way and let my competitive nature cloud my judgement. I have the utmost respect for everything Enigma 6 embodies as an organization and wish them nothing but success.

I would also like to sincerely apologize to the Evil Geniuses organization for my conduct during this time as a professional player under the organization. I care very deeply about the relationships I have built with everyone involved and have never been shown anything but respect along the way. If I have caused any type of strain in our relationship with my actions I am deeply sorry; I wish nothing but the best for the Evil Geniuses organization and their future in esports."

Edit: Not really a Snip3down fan but I do respect his drive and competitiveness. He was very professional about it and admitted to making a mistake. Everyone does it. Good luck this season Eric.
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

He got in trouble for speaking to Huke about joining nV without going through org management.

Edit:  100 Pages WHATT!?

ah okay. I figured this was super super common. so didn't see him getting hate for it. I mean wasn't TJ technically under contract with EG when he joined CLG? Isn't every player pretty much on contract with a different org when they switch teams? 

Also, I'm confused, did OpTic not announce a 4th at all? Didn't rosters lock?

ah okay. I figured this was super super common. so didn't see him getting hate for it. I mean wasn't TJ technically under contract with EG when he joined CLG? Isn't every player pretty much on contract with a different org when they switch teams? 

Also, I'm confused, did OpTic not announce a 4th at all? Didn't rosters lock?

Nope, he was not under contract and it could vary from team to team.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

True... but disappointingly none of those orgs have 6'4'' fully tatted presidents who use twitter to call out "haters". It really just isn't the same without that.

I mean in Hecz's defense he doesn't have to call anybody out when his damn cameraman comes out slaughtering people.

Edit: when you don't know how to embed  :poop:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean in Hecz's defense he doesn't have to call anybody out when his damn cameraman comes out slaughtering people.

Edit: when you don't know how to embed  :poop:

Notification+pop+up+message+box+using+jQ

• Upvote (+1) 1

Attempted to poach Huke from E6 while he was still under contract.

What every other pro normally does

He just apologized for it on behalf of EG

I think the older pros maybe should know better by now, I could see a young gun doing this, but Eric probably should know better by now. I'm certain that none of these guys do it to intentionally undermine the orgs or their contracts, they just want to win. I would guess it would be pretty difficult not to when these guys all know each other and are friends. All the pros except Lethul are just normal people and if you wanted to make a team you'd just call your buddy and ask to team.

Also, I do agree while less fun for us, Orgs do need some protection from a roster wild west. Halo needs to be attractive to Orgs, and if they can easily lose their rosters, their brands can suffer and in turn they won't want to deal with Halo as an eSport.

Nope, Lethul was not under contract and it could vary from team to team.

This is only because Lethul only signs contracts in blood, which is very difficult since he doesn't bleed.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think the older pros maybe should know better by now, I could see a young gun doing this, but Eric probably should know better by now. I'm certain that none of these guys do it to intentionally undermine the orgs or their contracts, they just want to win. I would guess it would be pretty difficult not to when these guys all know each other and are friends. All the pros except Lethul are just normal people and if you wanted to make a team you'd just call your buddy and ask to team.

This is only because Lethul only signs contracts in blood, which is very difficult since he doesn't bleed.

The concept of a league structure and consistency (in terms of orgs in the scene) is new, so they've had no reason to care in the past.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Am I joining Team Liquid? Yes.

Am I leaving Team Beyond? No.

Is Tibby free from getting memed? :simms:

J5AxW6E.gif

Wrestling gifs will always be my kryptonite.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

From my understanding Snipedown/nV approached Huke about joining their team. That is why it's poaching, it's not the same as when a pro makes it known that he wants to leave. Those situations usually result in a trade or release. When Lethul left/ was asked about joining CLG he wasn't under contract with EG. He had no contractual obligations to the org.

I think the issue here is that poaching undermines contracts. There was no reason to worry during MLG because players weren't contracted to a particular team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

See that's kinda scary. While They did nag, Commonly was a good shot caller. Ninja will need that voice to direct his damage output. That's where I'm hoping Towey and 2gre come in.

Commonly also bitched all the time
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Also, I do agree while less fun for us, Orgs do need some protection from a roster wild west. Halo needs to be attractive to Orgs, and if they can easily lose their rosters, their brands can suffer and in turn they won't want to deal with Halo as an eSport.

For those who have asked previously, this is a major reason (minus time to dedicate for a startup) I have not "officially" started my own org in the past. I actually like rostermania and the Halo "team changing" scene for the most part. However, to be a org owner I would hate to see major decisions that deeply effect the standing of "my" product be placed in the hands of players (ugh - that sounds so condescending, I hope you all know what I mean though).

The last time I seriously tried (H4) - when the team was picking up their 4th they chose the worst option over (what I felt) was the best (he was an FFA god who has been a major factor in the pro scene through H2A and H5) and, after a good placing at the event, the team split in 2 and I was left with noone (and one of those players is ALSO a major factor in the current scene - both play for pro league teams, though were not as well known at the time).

• Upvote (+1) 8

I don't get why nobody rates Snakey as a player, he has the ability to be the best in Europe on his day

I think Snakey is great, ever since that Coli TS game where he went like 25-2 with 20 power weapon kills. But I don't think he is better than the other 8 players I mentioned atm.

But I definitely think Snakey is a much better fit than Kimbo on Vibe (obviously, had he left they wouldn't had the pro league spot, but just saying). 

True... but disappointingly none of those orgs have 6'4'' fully tatted presidents who use twitter to call out "haters". It really just isn't the same without that.

Edit: I guess I forgot this joke has already been beat to death....

I'm fully tatted but only 6' if I subtract the 4 can I be money fours?