Sign in to follow this  
Mr Excels

The Official Money 8s Thread

The point of this thread is to just expand the money 8s community and find more players willing to throw some money on the line for some competitive 4v4's.

Add Mr Excels or post your gamertag in this thread.

The point of this thread is to just expand the money 8s community and find more players willing to throw some money on the line for some competitive 4v4's.

Add Mr Excels or post your gamertag in this thread.

HMU my gt is HoW Zarhazian

Paypal and venmo.

Cool, so you only get 97% of what's transferred to you! Even less depending on the fixed dollar (usually $0.20 to $0.30) per transaction fee!

Another thing to consider with Venmo is that people can (and will) cancel their transfers. Transfers are batched the next business day after the transfer is SCHEDULED, which gives the individual time to cancel it and the recipient will never get a notification of the cancellation. They're just left with their dick in their hand asking "wtf, where's my money".

http://time.com/money/4036511/venmo-more-check-than-cash/

Cool, so you only get 97% of what's transferred to you! Even less depending on the fixed dollar (usually $0.20 to $0.30) per transaction fee!

Another thing to consider with Venmo is that people can (and will) cancel their transfers. Transfers are batched the next business day after the transfer is SCHEDULED, which gives the individual time to cancel it and the recipient will never get a notification of the cancellation. They're just left with their dick in their hand asking "wtf, where's my money".

http://time.com/money/4036511/venmo-more-check-than-cash/

To avoid the whole cancel payment thing a blacklist should be created. People who don't pay up or sketch out early should be blacklisted.

This seems a little ridiculous, IMO. It looks like a ploy from this "Money 8s" org to make money off of people without having to do a thing... And to add, "Money Matches" already exists and from my knowledge has been signing players.

Am I missing the point of this? If a team wanted to place money on a scrim couldn't that be done without a middle man?  

This seems a little ridiculous, IMO. It looks like a ploy from this "Money 8s" org to make money off of people without having to do a thing... 

Am I missing the point of this? If a team wanted to place money on a scrim couldn't that be done without a middle man?  

That's exactly whats going on here, the Money 8s company isn't involved.

• Upvote (+1) 1