Apoll0

Halo "Adult" League - Competition for the 99% :)

3) In any recreational league, there is always a team or 2 that destroy everyone.

Yeah I see your point. Heck even Pro League has the same problem. It's called Counter Logic Gaming.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I see your point. Heck even Pro League has the same problem. It's called Counter Logic Gaming.

Exactly.  I think trying to hard to avoid that will just water down the league.  I think most people realize this and will just say "damn that team is good" and not get too butt-hurt when they get rekt, as long as its not happening every other week.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Exactly. I think trying to hard to avoid that will just water down the league. I think most people realize this and will just say "damn that team is good" and not get too butt-hurt when they get rekt, as long as its not happening every other week.

Well sign me up. I will gladly be a bullet shield for 3 other players.

Can we stop calling 30 "old". 30 isn't even close to old, 30 is "mature".

Can we stop calling 30 "old". 30 isn't even close to old, 30 is "mature".

lol  yes.  The older i get... the further out i push the definition of "Old"

Completely game for this. Sounds perfect. Would allow the working class to play in some tourney's with an actual shot of making something higher than the RO 32!

Great idea and would be more than happy to help in any way possible

Sounds like fun. While reading it, I had an idea though. Idk if anyone would be down, but what if people enter as individuals instead of teams. Then teams are randomly selected for each week, night, month, or whatever is decided. Then the win record of each player is tracked.

Sounds like fun. While reading it, I had an idea though. Idk if anyone would be down, but what if people enter as individuals instead of teams. Then teams are randomly selected for each week, night, month, or whatever is decided. Then the win record of each player is tracked.

It seems like we have a lot of individual players interested in this who we could assign free agency to and we could do random select for teams initially and play out the season with the random teams and then see if that works? I don't really know how to approach this as I have been thinking about this situation as well.

It seems like we have a lot of individual players interested in this who we could assign free agency to and we could do random select for teams initially and play out the season with the random teams and then see if that works? I don't really know how to approach this as I have been thinking about this situation as well.

You could have a free agency option for solo guys, but quite a few people had mentioned this league would be a way to reconnect with friends. If we don't allow people to select who their squads consist of, we will probably lose quite a bit of interest. Pairing random people would also result in personality and philosophy clashes as well; I don't think that would ve a very enjoyable layout. Just an opinion.

This sounds like a great idea... For who ever is interested Xbox live just rolled out "clubs" and some kind of arena update for hosting tournaments and things like that. This might be a great way to move this idea forward.

https://majornelson.com/2016/09/06/clubs-looking-for-group-and-more-roll-out-to-xbox-live-today-in-preview/

Yes!

This is exactly what I have been waiting for.  They mentioned this a long time ago so its about time its coming to fruition.  This will make it easier so people can just use their gamertags and keep everything cohesive instead of registering for a 3rd party service.  If we could use the Beyond tournaments update to keep public track of everything and the Xbox Arena service to send out invites and stuff, that would be best.

Late to the party but I would totally be down for this. Even if we can just get 8 ppl and play a pick up scrim of some sort would be cool with me. Pick captains and do it school yard style drafting.

Im in! im 33 and i know at least two other people that would be interested. I believe there is enough support for this. Please keep us updated if you really start this.

37. Married. Full time career. 3 kids (5, 3 and 1.5 mo). AND DIAMOND 3 MUTHA FUCKAS.

This sounds like a hoot

This is great, i love the responses to this!

I have the preview dashboard so tonight when i get out of work I am going to try out the new "Club" feature.

Is anybody in here using the preview dashboard as well?  If so, let me know your gamertag.

I have the preview dashboard so tonight when i get out of work I am going to try out the new "Club" feature.

Is anybody in here using the preview dashboard as well?  If so, let me know your gamertag.

I have been using it.  it seems like it has some potential,  Do you have an ETA on the league?  GT: Rude B0y Q

I have been using it.  it seems like it has some potential,  Do you have an ETA on the league?  GT: Rude B0y Q

no ETA atm.  I think the Team Beyond community tournaments section is going live soon. As should the Clubs and Arena Xbox features.  I was hoping to be able to use those to streamline the league creation/scheduling/announcements.  I would do it manually, but I am the demographic that this is designed for and dont have the time to handle things that way :(.  

I would rather wait for these things to be available instead of forcing it now and not actually be able to follow through.

I'm in the preview program, what are clubs?

I'm in the preview program, what are clubs?

Clubs are basically like clans if you remember those, groups of friends that are together for a more specific purpose than just your general friends list.  I must not be on the preview build that includes them though because i cant see the option.  When its available it will be on the "Community" page of the xbox, near the top-right.

I think we should be able to use Clubs to get a big group of everybody that wants to be in the league, then use the Xbox Arena that is coming out later to organize the league and set up the weekly matches.  When the TB community tournaments feature comes out, i hope to be able to use that to keep track of the week to week progress so people can check when they are at work and whatnot.

• Upvote (+1) 1