Sign in to follow this  
SeaHutch

Correct way to strafe?

I have always strafed side to side with my thumbstick but recently someone told me to drag it along to bottom part of the thumbstick.. Its hard to explain but i hope you get what im saying. So what do you guys think is the best way to strafe? 

Since h3 i've always break-strafed. it's not as effective in this game but it's as good as any other strafe out there. Find something you're comfortable doing and just have that be your thing. Look at Roy, he does ( for the most part ) the exact same thing every time. Everyone knows what it is, and it still works. Bottom line is if you find a strafe that works for you, don't worry about doing "the best thing" to do. H4 as of now isn't really influenced TOO much by strafes anyways.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What is strafe I run in a straight line with my assault rifle then melee. lol jk this ain't waypoint.

Strafe is broken in this game, so it's not as effective as some previous Halo games. Most of the time I throw a jump in at the end.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dont think there is a "correct" way to strafe, but several styles of strafing have cropped up throughout the games.

Standard Strafe - Move the stick left to right

Crouch Strafe - Like the standard strafe but you crouch randomly while you strafe to throw the other player off 

"SK Strafe" - You move the stick left to right as fast as you can, if you do it right it seems like you are lagging and throws the other player off

"Gandhi Hop" - Do a standard strafe then jump off to the side 

Pick one you find the most success with and perfect it!

• Upvote (+1) 1

"SK Strafe" - You move the stick left to right as fast as you can, if you do it right it seems like you are lagging and throws the other player off

...SK was lagging LMAO.  He's never "SKrafed" anyone on LAN as far as I can remember.

• Downvote (-1) 1

H4 there is really know strafe. Best advice would be to not get caught sprinting i rarely sprint so i catch people sprinting starts me out a shot up due to the fact that it takes a sec for the opponent to aim from the sprint. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I usually throw in 1 or 2 crouches before the 3rd/4th shot to throw people off. Usually works for me. Strafing isn't as effective as past Halo's. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dont think there is a "correct" way to strafe, but several styles of strafing have cropped up throughout the games.

Standard Strafe - Move the stick left to right

Crouch Strafe - Like the standard strafe but you crouch randomly while you strafe to throw the other player off

"Gandhi Hop" - Do a standard strafe then jump off to the side

Pick one you find the most success with and perfect it!

Gandhi hopping is crouching repeatedly in the air.

I heard the SKrafe works pretty good. Haha

But seriously strafi g is not effective as past halos. Try not to get caught sprinting and have positiong to land the first shot

I heard the SKrafe works pretty good. Haha

But seriously strafi g is not effective as past halos. Try not to get caught sprinting and have positiong to land the first shot

A kid was knocking my socks off in FFA the other day with some shit like that. His character was just spazzing out. Lol.

I haven't put too much thought into my strafe since Halo 2. It's become mostly second nature. I used to do some left-left-right-left shit back then, now I think I keep it pretty standard then Gandhi hop at the end even though people argue that crouching is the more effective throw-off now.

I'll try and find the old video explaining all the different ways and how to do it.

Basically;

Quick Strafe

1:2 Strafe in which you move left then right but move twice as far in one direction.

Gandhi hopping

Crouching mid battle

Adjust the length of the Strafe depending on the distance of your enemy.

OP I think what was mentioned about dragging it along the bottom is because the movement side to side isn't as responsive so it makes it respond quicker.

I'll track down the video.

I focus more on hitting all my shots than I do strafing. So against online kids I just run straight or better yet stand still for shits and giggles. Makes me easier kill-steal bait but in pure 1v1s the other guy has such a hard time comprehending what I'm doing...

On LAN though, or against people who know two shits about Halo, I rapid crouch skrafe. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I try not to strafe super good because you end up missing your shots sometimes. The best thing to do short and long strafes with some break strafes in + jumps and crouches. Break strafes are when you are moving in a certain direction and then stop for a split second and then move the same way again. Don't forget to shoot with your strafe at times too.

I Strafe for two reasons. 1.To make my oppositon miss     2.To hit my shots

For some reason i cant shoot as well if im not strafing.

Dropshot is the shit right now if both ppl are on the same level.