Sign in to follow this  
Uninterpretable

Halo 5 has the worst FFA playlist to date

Someone placed Plat 2

lol the majority of trash players get placed Onyx anyway.

Seconded, this playlist is bad.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 4's Rumble Pro gametype on any map was at least twice as good as the best gametype in H5's FFA.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I dunno, getting smg start lockout and swords beaver creek back in the day didn't exactly make rumble pit much fun then either. It was almost a social playlist the stuff that used to pop up.

In a great game thats bogged down by insanely stupid design choices, this has to be downright the WORST FFA in any Halo by far.

The infuriating amount of storm rifles they place on maps like riptide only add to this a

In a great game thats bogged down by insanely stupid design choices, this has to be downright the WORST FFA in any Halo by far.

The infuriating amount of storm rifles they place on maps like riptide only add to this ailment.

I definitely agree that a lot of the weapons greatly hurt the game mode. Close range automatic wepon fights pretty much force you to camp if you wanna win.

I don't get why 343 doesn't iterate on their gametypes and maps at all. FFA is a niche list as it stands, not going to throw off half the population by making some tweaks each season.

idk i'd rather have this than fucking reach's shitty bloom AA piece of shit FFAs

• Downvote (-1) 1

idk i'd rather have this than fucking reach's shitty bloom AA piece of shit FFAs

I think if this game had bloom, you'd agree it'd be worse than Reach.

The problem is that gun-skill doesn't have enough of an effect. This is where someone tells me "ugh, you think Halo is only gun-skill". No I don't. I just think that there should be less guns in this game that are spam-dependent or "position"-dependent, and more that require some actual skill in execution to use.

It's no coincidence that the only weapon tweaks that have been made to Arena have been Hydra/Plasma caster buffs. Both are weapons which don't need to be actually aimed to an appreciable degree.

• Upvote (+1) 2

just played a game on Molten and everyone rushed and camped the room next to sniper with the brute plasma rifle. The assault rifle is fine, but all other autos need a nerf bad. Im so sick of them

Idk if it's the worst FFA, there are many things that have ruined FFA in the past: the AR/SMG starts, Bloom + AAs in Reach, Regicide in H4 and bullshit like Swords/KOTH/Oddball in ranked FFA.

I mean yes H5's FFA pretty damn stupid with the garbage maps, complete no-skill OP autos, 8 second respawn (why?) and the wacky spawn system, but the worst? Not sure. It could definitely be improved easily with a bit of common sense on side of the developer though.

Idk if it's the worst FFA, there are many things that have ruined FFA in the past: the AR/SMG starts, Bloom + AAs in Reach, Regicide in H4 and bullshit like Swords/KOTH/Oddball in ranked FFA.

I mean yes H5's FFA pretty damn stupid with the garbage maps, complete no-skill OP autos, 8 second respawn (why?) and the wacky spawn system, but the worst? Not sure. It could definitely be improved easily with a bit of common sense on side of the developer though.

I may be in the minority here but I actually liked Regicide. The 6 player FFA Regicide playlist at H4's launch was one of my favorite FFA experiences in Halo.

The concept of Regicide itself is totally predictable and not random. The only dumb things about it were things that were dumb about H4 in general, such as loadouts and instant-respawn. The free OS and DB for the King was also dumb, but I otherwise thoroughly enjoyed the gametype.

I may be in the minority here but I actually liked Regicide. The 6 player FFA Regicide playlist at H4's launch was one of my favorite FFA experiences in Halo.

The concept of Regicide itself is totally predictable and not random. The only dumb things about it were things that were dumb about H4 in general, such as loadouts and instant-respawn. The free OS and DB for the King was also dumb, but I otherwise thoroughly enjoyed the gametype.

At first, I liked it and didn't get the complaints. Then, I got 2nd place in a game in the last 15 seconds when I was King the whole time. The guy who won only did by spraying me down with an AR for King points. He also messaged me about how he "owned me despite my aimbot". Turned me off from the playlist for a while.

The fact that your King bonus didn't drop until you lost the crown was infuriating. If they made it where your bonus reset each life the gametype would've been way better for what it was trying to do.

I've experienced something more closely resembling 'fun', even playing Reach FFA... now that says something.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The problem is that the King has a visible waypoint at all times, plus killing the king gives bonus points which basically creates a negative feedback loop where the top player is always at a disadvantage and the playing field is evened out. It's a fun mode in a team setting, but in FFA it's incredibly frustrating to play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The problem is that the King has a visible waypoint at all times, plus killing the king gives bonus points which basically creates a negative feedback loop where the top player is always at a disadvantage and the playing field is evened out. It's a fun mode in a team setting, but in FFA it's incredibly frustrating to play.

Team Regicide was pretty good whenever that was a rotational in Halo 4.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Team Regicide was an excellent gametype. It needs to come back and be a staple going forward. It's a great TS variant. Closest thing to Kill In Order we've had in a looooong time.

You know what needs to come back? Reverse Tag.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Someone placed Plat 2

Some has some incredibly legitimate concerns.  This game has 6 man FFA.  Instead of fixing the spawns, they just made it 6 person FFA.  shortcut to mediocrity

I don't get why 343 doesn't iterate on their gametypes and maps at all. FFA is a niche list as it stands, not going to throw off half the population by making some tweaks each season.

Seriously! they are soooooo worried about keeping a "cohesive gameplay experience" that they are totally unwilling to budge from.  Its not that hard.  FFA is supposed to be about gunskill, movement and reaction time.  not "who spawned next to the camo most this game" or "who hid and whored the SR the whole time".

• Upvote (+1) 2

It really is due to the mechanics halo 5 has

Playing FFA always gave that unique experience of breaking everything down in your mind, and thinking which firerfights to deal with and which ones to engage in.

But with halo 5's 3 movement speeds and thrust and clamber, it's just a mess in FFA.

It's OK in team slayer, but it would be better if it was gone in the next halo's

• Upvote (+1) 5

also due to the fact the spawn are broken

Honestly, the number of times I watch someone spawn or spawn next to someone half-shields is insane. Truth is a notable example. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I never really understood why it was frustrating in FFA. It made perfect sense to me for the gametype that it was, and you could easily bait people into tripping over each other while trying to get to you. Then you could kill them with ease.

The 'I AM the king of the hill' kinda gameplay was so much fun. Never had any problems with the gametype.